The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

How did you get upgraded?

Sorry I am just getting back to this. We had a great trip and then back to a crazy work week.

While we were being checked in, I was talking to the CM and told her that my husband proposed at the non gone water falls and it was our first stay at DLH.
She went in the back, came out with an envelope and 2 anniversary buttons with our names on them. She said she hide a surprise for us, but would tell us at the end because that was the best. I thought it was just the buttons and what was in the envelope. Then she told us she loved our story and was giving us her favorite room. :D It was amazing!!!

I'm also in the Frontier Tower, 6 floors lower than you, with a balcony facing the same way. I think that even the height from HERE is a little bit disturbing!

Oh also - my room was extremely hot ... thank you to whoever posted that bypass!

We had 3 balconies. One from the bedroom, and one from the living room, technically facing the pool area direction, and a 3rd one facing technically from DCA. But, it was awesome standing on the one from the living room because you could see everything. :) Also, that corner was basically all windows. :D

It was so very freaky up there at times. Especially at night. It was funny, we wanted to sit out there, but then.. :scared1:.LOL..and having the glass as the "protection" around the balcony. LOL..didn't help.

I am so excited to stay at DLH. We stayed in a renovated room Oct 2011 but the lobby was very much undergoing renovation, pool was closed still and lots of walls out front.

We were debating on which hotel to stay at but the kids pushed for the Disney themeing and "mom we haven't seen it renovated all the way." Who was I to disagree.:cool1:

Not sure if this has been asked (don't really have the time to go through all the pages) but does anyone know the minimum age required to book a room here? Or any of the DLR hotels for that matter? I know many aces are 18 and many are 21 so just curious as to what the policy is here. Thanks!

Thanks for this thread! I'm staying at the DL Hotel in April for the first time despite many previous trips to DL. I'm excited to start reading through all of these posts...good lazy Sunday reading material :)

Did anybody else ask for a price for the fairy tale suite?

O
M
G

My travel agent said it was like in the $1,000/night range!

Don't know if that's true, but that's what she said

Did anybody else ask for a price for the fairy tale suite?

O
M
G

My travel agent said it was like in the $1,000/night range!

Don't know if that's true, but that's what she said

I know that suite is the least expensive of the suites and I know people have paid in the $800 range off season so the $1000 range sounds about right now that we have moved to a new year with new hotel rates. The other suites are much, much more then that though.

Has anyone here ever stayed in one of the two bedroom suites at DLH? We just booked it for Aug and I can't find any photos of it online. We have stayed in DLH once before but booked two connecting rooms. I didn't want to risk us not being together this summer (figure it is such a busy time and they don't guarantee the connecting rooms might as well go for the sure thing this time!) We stayed in the one bedroom at GC 2 years ago and it wasn't that large my TA said the 2 bedroom is larger although she didn't know how much larger or what the set up was. Is there a view from the room? Does anyone know which tower it is in? OR does every tower have one? Just curious. And thanks!!

I know that suite is the least expensive of the suites and I know people have paid in the $800 range off season so the $1000 range sounds about right now that we have moved to a new year with new hotel rates. The other suites are much, much more then that though.

Yeah but those other suites are for multiple families though, right? This one is for one freaking rich couple, I guess. Knowing how we all are it is probably not empty too often. That's a lot of cablingy though

I saw someone ask about laundry facilities at DLH, but didn't see any response. Are there laundry facilities there, and how much do they cost? We are going for 10 days to So Cal, ending at DLR, so I'd like to do laundry somewhere once and not have to pack 10 days worth of clothing.

But I gather no microwaves? I need hot water for tea in the morning!:)

Being Aussies, we can't function without our cuppa!

When we were at the DLH, we just used the coffee maker with no coffee bag, but had to run the the water through twice to make it hot enough, it worked quite well.
I thought about taking something like a Birko jug with us next time, to also heat up pasta or milk:
http://www.birko.com.au/food-drink-heater.html
I'm sure there are similar type of products in the U.S. perhaps in camping stores

Being Aussies, we can't function without our cuppa!

When we were at the DLH, we just used the coffee maker with no coffee bag, but had to run the the water through twice to make it hot enough, it worked quite well.
I thought about taking something like a Birko jug with us next time, to also heat up pasta or milk:
http://www.birko.com.au/food-drink-heater.html
I'm sure there are similar type of products in the U.S. perhaps in camping stores
Cool, thanks! I bought a gadget for myself for Christmas that you just put in a cup of hot water and it heats it up. You plug it in and I gather the metal heats up. I need to give it a try. I think they used to be fairly common years ago before microwaves. It is smaller than a hot pot type thing, so would be easier to pack. I'll try to remember to post about it when I give it a try. :)

We stayed at the DLH last week and had a great time. If you need a microwave, there are microwaves for usein the Coffee Shop by the entrance to Goofies Kitchen. There are two cup coffee makers for use in the rooms for hot water. If you would like to bring your own full size coffee pot(we had a bagel toaster), simply unplug it and place it in top of closet after use. Do not leave it plugged in when not in use or not in the room. We used the toaster for bagels and french waffles we brought from home. We had a great time, hope you do as well....:cool1::cool1:

Does anyone Know if they still have the trivia games or sheets for certain rides that you can get when you check in at Disneyland Hotel? We had a really fun time with that last time and my friend was Asking if they still have that?

Does anyone Know if they still have the trivia games or sheets for certain rides that you can get when you check in at Disneyland Hotel? We had a really fun time with that last time and my friend was Asking if they still have that?

We were there the last week of september and they had it then. The trivia was for the jungle cruise, pirates, small world, and finding nemo. My DS9 had a blast doing the trivia and thought the little prizes were awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter