July 2007 TR

It's not Emma -- it's her mom.

Freedom of Speech is a value we all hold dear. But every freedom comes with a responsibility. Your right to swing your fist ends where another person's nose begins. Your freedom to speak your opinion ends where personal attack on another begins.

The DIS has always taken pride in being a safe and friendly place. Ad hominem attacks should be immediately deleted -- especially from trip reports. In a trip report, the author opens him or herself up, sharing experiences and memories. It is a vulnerable position. Name calling should not be tolerated. Perhaps custom might allow for more leeway on the Community Board where volatile topics might be discussed and where people might seem to "ask for it" when posting outrageous or extreme opinions. A trip reporter who shares her Disney World memories is not "asking for it." If you don't like her sense of humor or attitude, move on to another trip report. The rule on the Trip Report board should be, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

So Emma won't be back to this particular thread unless the personal attacks are deleted. Failing that ideal resolution, let's post to it no more, and let it fade into the oblivion that lies beyond page five. Emma will try starting fresh soon.

Thanks to all the kind people who have posted here or PMed her.

Betsey

Hi Betsey!

I totally agree 100% with you. It really bothers me when individuals post cruel and insensitive remarks on a trip report. If the person reading it doesn't like it, they should just move on...

Instead of the moderators threatening to close the thread, the judgemental remarks should be deleted at once. It isn't fair that the majority of the individuals who are enjoying it be deprived of the memories.

I must add Betsey, you have an amazingly eloquent daughter. Her writing is captivating and amusing. She definitely has an incredible talent. My daughter has been enjoying Emma's recounts of her trip along with her American Girl Doll at WDW pics.

We hope to be reading her latest report very soon!

Well for some strange reason when I was trying to 'clean' up this the changes I was making didn't take

If op wants this closed - please pm me and I will move it to Completed trip reports or just delete the whole thread

Emma & Betsey

I'm sorry that you had to experience first hand some of the poor manners that crop up here from time to time. Myself and many others here enjoyed the first trip report and were quite looking forward to this one. I'm sure that you, Emma, were quite hurt by the comments that were left and it is understandable that you would not want to continue this thread until they were removed. I do hope that if Marla Hellwig isn't able to clean up this thread that you will consider beginning anew. I think that it's pretty obvious that the number of well meaning, caring people do outnumber the insensitive.

It is unfortunate that of late, more and more trip reports are falling subject to a handful of people choosing to make unkind remarks. It is truly unfortunate that yours fell to this as well before it even had a chance to get started.

I'll keep an eye out for your trip report - keep your head up!

Abby

Hi Emma! I missed the earlier drama (thank goodness, I don't handle drama well) and I am so glad the issues got resolved and you are back. :hug: I have been waiting for your new tr since I finished the last one. Keep writing. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear more about the college program.

I'm glad your back! As I posted earlier, I really enjoyed your previous trip report and can't wait to read this one.

I'm glad that you are back! I was worried when I saw pages and pages of replies, and you hadn't posted since your first post. I'm glad that everything was cleared up, and I'm looking forward to your TR!

Hi Emma,

I am glad to see that you have decided to continue with this thread. I loved your last report and can't wait to start reading about this latest trip!

Hi Emma,
Just discovered your TR today. You had an amazing start. I just wanted to show support for you :flower3: and anxiously waiting for more :hyper:

Hi Emma!

I'm busy reading you other TR. You are so entertaining. I'll jump over to this one as soon as I finish the other one.

WOO HOO :cool1:

You are really back - great update - can't wait for the rest!

BTW - Love, Love the matching updo's!

"...doing something suitably Disney..."

Kind of like reading great trip reports before your own trip! Yours always get me in the right mood! :goodvibes

Kathy

PS: Jessica returned home from the doll hospital yesterday! She's feeling much better and looking ultra-fabulous!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter