The DIS for "Old Fogies" Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know we are joking around here but I just had an experience that made me feel truly old. My daughter (9) has a friend sleeping over tonight. They are about to watch a movie and wanted me to make some popcorn. I asked if they wanted it in the popper or on the stove. Guys, these kids had never SEEN an air popper :scared1:

They thought it was the coolest thing ever and actually stopped watching the movie to come watch the popcorn pop. Now I need to go soak in a tub and take to my bed to live out my remaining days.

My local grocery store still sells it. Whether or not it is new remains to be seen LOL

You guys can make it on the stove, too, in a regular pan with a lid. :lmao:

That was before Jiffy Pop.

Wearing my black socks, white shoes and shorts. When does Canasta start?

Does anyone still have a full bocce ball set?

I think Pakey found her teeth in the freezer. But, someone microwaved her hearing aid. :eek:

Yes, Denny's is on the way. We have to plan all the Early Bird Special stops along the way. Can we use Travelocity for that? :scratchin

Around here it is the Cracker Barrel!

Anyone 30 and over is an automatic member!
a4a38e68.gif

Anyone with an AARP membership is automatically a
38f6d98a.gif
Senior Veteran member. :worship:

Bummer. I didn't feel old until I realized I am a Senior Veteran member! :rotfl2:

Old fogie at heart here.. I guess since Im only at heart I'll do the diaper changing though I warn you ive never changed one so Ill need to practice a few times;)

Bummer. I didn't feel old until I realized I am a Senior Veteran member! :rotfl2:

Welcome newbie, err, Old Timer! :worship:

welcome9.gif

Old fogie at heart here.. I guess since Im only at heart I'll do the diaper changing though I warn you ive never changed one so Ill need to practice a few times;)

You can make the Walmart/Sam's Club runs for us Old Fogies. We're gonna need more Metamucil soon.

Ahhh, a nice new home. Thank you Imzadi for creating it!! :cool1:

Now it's time to sit back in the recliner and fall asleep with the tv on full volume. Bonus: I'm watching Criminal Minds on A&E!

I bought some Jiffy Pop when my girls were little and I burned it on the stove. That's how bad of a cook I am.

party:

I'm a senior veteran member too!

Is this our official dessert?
189547355RL093432511.jpg

:lmao:
Is there extra fiber in it?

Ahhh, a nice new home. Thank you Imzadi for creating it!! :cool1:

Now it's time to sit back in the recliner and fall asleep with the tv on full volume. Bonus: I'm watching Criminal Minds on A&E!

I like to watch the regular primetime stuff on Fridays, then tune into Criminal Minds later as they all repeat, and fall asleep to Hotch. :love:

Yay! I've been hoping for this thread so I can say...

"Oh, those whippersnappers!"

(whoever said that on the other thread I :worship: . That word had brought such joy to me over the past few days).

Yay! I've been hoping for this thread so I can say...

"Oh, those whippersnappers!"

(whoever said that on the other thread I :worship: . That word had brought such joy to me over the past few days).

I will take the credit for that! I never get to take credit for anything!!

Imzadi: this is actually a Criminal Minds I haven't seen 4 times. Don't know if you are watching now but it's the one where the murderer was killed on death row and a year later there were more murders occuring that seemed to be his work. But, I will keep Criminal Minds off this thread. This is for us oldies!!

I have been enjoying the other thread, even though I didn't contribute. So funny!

Since I am an ancient, practically dead 54 year old, I respectfully request permission to join the old fogey club. :woohoo: I know I would feel right at home with all you old people. :worship:

Imzadi: this is actually a Criminal Minds I haven't seen 4 times. Don't know if you are watching now but it's the one where the murderer was killed on death row and a year later there were more murders occuring that seemed to be his work. But, I will keep Criminal Minds off this thread. This is for us oldies!!

I'm going to be posting a fun shoe contest tomorrow on our Criminal Minds thread. :goodvibes

Since I am an ancient, practically dead 54 year old, I respectfully request permission to join the old fogey club. :woohoo: I know I would feel right at home with all you old people. :worship:

Welcome! With so little time left, we can't wait on these things.

WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

We leave on our trip to see Mickey in the morning. I had 6 pre-teen girls here for a meeting tonight. What was I thinking when I planned that?!?! Everyone is gone now and I'm worn out. Fortunately I had everything packed this afternoon so we just have to load it in the car in the morning.

DH is still scarfing down the pain meds as often as it says he can take them (he had a tooth extracted today). Looks like I'm driving tomorrow. :sad1: I better take ibuprofen in advance for my arthritis. Sadly, I'm serious about the arthritis and I'm not even a senior member yet.

MICKEY HERE I COME!!! :yay:

Oh, I found our clique t-shirt! I happened to get "Catalog Favorites" in the mail today and was just now looking thru it. This one is for us!

lf

We leave on our trip to see Mickey in the morning. I had 6 pre-teen girls here for a meeting tonight. What was I thinking when I planned that?!?! Everyone is gone now and I'm worn out. Fortunately I had everything packed this afternoon so we just have to load it in the car in the morning.

DH is still scarfing down the pain meds as often as it says he can take them (he had a tooth extracted today). Looks like I'm driving tomorrow. :sad1: I better take ibuprofen in advance for my arthritis. Sadly, I'm serious about the arthritis and I'm not even a senior member yet.

MICKEY HERE I COME!!! :yay:

I hear you, buckler. I have arthritis in my right wrist. Instead of carpal tunnel, I got my first old fogie ailment in my 20's. :headache:

I hope DH feels good for the trip. The pain meds should make for an interesting drive down! Did you see the link I left you on our old thread with the menus?
Have a great and safe trip!!!:mickeyjum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter