The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will buy it and restore it for you :thumbsup2.I had one same color and yr.Had to sell it when I was younger and have been wanting to get another now for yrs.

When you pry it from my cold dead hands my friend. :thumbsup2
I remember going to the dealership with my dad to bring it home. Right up there with birth of my daughter and wedding day as most exciting days of my life.

NOTE: The above are NOT in order of importance just in case my wife happens upon this thread.

I remember going to the dealership with my dad to bring it home. Right up there with birth of my daughter and wedding day as most exciting days of my life.

NOTE: The above are NOT in order of importance just in case my wife happens upon this thread.

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

A list of movies I swear to show my boys when they are old enough so they have a clue what I've been quoting all these years and will not be social outcasts among their peers.

In no particular order (feel free to add more)

Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
Better off Dead
Caddy Shack
Pulp Fiction (I edit most of those when I say them)
Ferris Bueller Day Off
48 hrs
Weird Science
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Airplane
Uncle Buck
Addams Family Values
Tommy Boy
The GodFather Movies
Dumb and Dumber
Happy Gilmore
Spinal Tap
History of the World
Animal House
Good Fellas
Lord of the Rings

Planes, Trains & Automobiles
What About Bob? (very underrated movie)
My Cousin Vinny
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Untouchables (mostly anything Sean Connery says)
And for cheesy one-liners, you can't beat Commando and Cliffhanger

I'd add

The Breakfast Club
Top Gun
M*A*S*H

Well for the ultimate guy's movie too - we have to add

The Sting (you follah?)

and some classic comedy bits from his stage show film

Bill Cosby: Himself

Princess Bride not on y'alls list??? That's just plain INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Another favorite I like to quote is Johnny Dangerously

The "villan" Joe Piscopo played (Roman Maroni) cracks me up. Also like to quote him when I smash my finger or stub a toe.
some-a-na-batch...fargin bastage...icehole :rolleyes1

The "villan" Joe Piscopo played (Roman Maroni) cracks me up. Also like to quote him when I smash my finger or stub a toe.

Nathan! What happened to your picture? I almost didn't know it was your post without seeing all the orange shirts! :confused3

I got to thinking this morning. Then I stopped and jumped on the DIS.

For those of us that fly to WDW, what is your favorite method of getting tickets? Do you use sites like Expeida or Orbitz?
We have 3 carriers (AirTran, SouthWest and Midwest/soon to be merged with Frontier) that fly direct from Milwaukee to Orlando. I'm on the email lists for AirTran and Midwest, so every once in a while I'll get notified of sales. SouthWest just started flying into Milwaukee, so I haven't had a chance to fly with them yet.

I check all three websites directly and book directly through their site. The prices always seem to be just a bit lower there than the online travel sites. Plus I'm eliminating the middle man, so there can't be any finger-pointing if something goes wrong.

So how about guys - what's your preferred method?

For those of us that fly to WDW, what is your favorite method of getting tickets? Do you use sites like Expeida or Orbitz?
We have 3 carriers (AirTran, SouthWest and Midwest/soon to be merged with Frontier) that fly direct from Milwaukee to Orlando. I'm on the email lists for AirTran and Midwest, so every once in a while I'll get notified of sales. SouthWest just started flying into Milwaukee, so I haven't had a chance to fly with them yet.

I check all three websites directly and book directly through their site. The prices always seem to be just a bit lower there than the online travel sites. Plus I'm eliminating the middle man, so there can't be any finger-pointing if something goes wrong.

I booked on Southwest's site. No middle person. Always great prices... and I'm door to door in under 5 hours. No hidden fees, either! :woohoo:

Cinderella wants to go to the ball, but her wicked stepmother won't let her. As Cinderella sits crying in the garden, her fairy godmother appears, and promises to provide Cinderella with everything she needs to go to the ball, but only on two conditions. "First, you must wear a diaphragm."

Cinderella agrees. "What's the second condition?"

"You must be home by 2 a.m. Any later, and your diaphragm will turn into a pumpkin."

Cinderella agrees to be home by 2 a.m. The appointed hour comes and goes, and Cinderella doesn't show up. Finally, at 5 a.m., Cinderella shows up, looking love-struck and **very** satisfied.

"Where have you been?" demands the fairy godmother. "Your diaphragm was supposed to turn into a pumpkin three hours ago!!!"

"I met a prince, Fairy Godmother," Cinderella replied. "He took care of everything."

"I know of no prince with that kind of power! Tell me his name!"

"I can't remember, exactly...Peter Peter, something or other...."

:rotfl2:

Im secure enough in my manhood to say that that made me pee a little!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I always check the travel sites but then I go to the official site and double check. The reason I go to the official airline site is because the price is usually the same or slightly less, and there are often more flights available not on the discount sites and I get times that are more convenient for me. ;)

The past couple of years we've been going online to JetBlue's website and just booking them there. They are pretty much the same price as SouthWest for us, maybe $5 more per ticket. But we are definitely a JetBlue family now.

Did you know your last name is an adverb?

I'll admit I haven't seen that movie in years, but I think those quotes were from another villain, not Joe Piscopo. He didn't have the thick accent. He was the "Don't hang me on a hook, Johnny. My mother hung me on a hook once. Once" guy.

We use kayak.com it searches ALL the travel sites for you. Then once we find a good one we double check the airlines site to verify pricing.

A few more of my favorite "Man" movies:

Jaws
The Great Escape
Guns of Navarone
Jeremiah Johnson
Clerks (a personal favorite and so quotable)

Lots of good ones already posted - good call on "Kelly's Heroes." I thought I'd add a few more.

ClearScreen

I've always been a travelocity, orbitz, etc.. kind of guy but I think that's going to change. It's a long confusing story, but the 4 tickets we bought yesterday were bought in two separate transactions. One ticket through travelocity and 3 through Airtran's website. It turns out that going directly to the carrier for the 3 tickets saved about $11 per person. So we'll be doing that in the future. But most of our travel is done via 2006 Toyota Sienna.. (No wisecracks, Fed).

I've seen in a few places that park tickets are expected to increase on August 1:guilty:. So I better hurry up and buy mine. Problem is, I haven't bought park tickets in about 8 years so I'm unsure of what I'm doing. Do you guys go straight through Disney or another vendor like undercovertourist.com?

I've been a pretty diehard Southwest guy for the past 9 years for work, only flying other carriers if I absolutely have to (mainly if SWA doesn't go into a certain market). I've always paid less, and have 98% of the time had great service and no real complaints. I do check the other carriers via Travelocity, Expedia & Orbitz, but SWA only shows up on their own website. Then if I need to use another carrier I always double check on their website as well, but 9.5x out of 10 I'm flying SWA. Plus there are no hidden fees like most other carriers have. As such we are a Southwest family as well.

I've seen in a few places that park tickets are expected to increase on August 1:guilty:. So I better hurry up and buy mine. Problem is, I haven't bought park tickets in about 8 years so I'm unsure of what I'm doing. Do you guys go straight through Disney or another vendor like undercovertourist.com?

Price increases the first Sunday of August have been common since '06. Prior to that they came in January. The nice thing is, if you buy tickets now, they are totally valid until you use them, even if ticket prices were to go up again.

I always look for the best deal when I need to purchase park tickets for family members (I have an AP so it doesn't count). I just used UCT for my DD's ticket for our Daddy/Daughter Adventure coming up in Sep., and they were once again, great. Best price I could find, no shipping cost and mailed out the very same day I bought it. Plus if you sign up over on Mousesavers for their monthly newsletter, you can get a special discount code that brings the price down a little further.

Price increases the first Sunday of August have been common since '06. Prior to that they came in January. The nice thing is, if you buy tickets now, they are totally valid until you use them, even if ticket prices were to go up again.

I always look for the best deal when I need to purchase park tickets for family members (I have an AP so it doesn't count). I just used UCT for my DD's ticket for our Daddy/Daughter Adventure coming up in Sep., and they were once again, great. Best price I could find, no shipping cost and mailed out the very same day I bought it. Plus if you sign up over on Mousesavers for their monthly newsletter, you can get a special discount code that brings the price down a little further.

Thanks, Stopher. I knew you'd answer. And another question for you. I just read that Guillermo Del Toro is making a Haunted Mansion movie. It will be a total reboot and have nothing to do with the Eddie Murphy movie. Judging by your posts yesterday, I can see you're a big fan of the attraction. What do you think? From the articles I've read, he's been a HM afficionado since he was a kid. That doesn't look like typical Hollywood spin either, it sounds like he's a collector of anything having to do with HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!