The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have less than 4 days to go now, and as is my family's tradition , we always decorate our van for the 2660 mile round trip drive to the world.

This post chronicles the transformation from everyday "Dad Van" to the D-L-A Disney World express!

We started with picking our theme. Our last trip was a Princess and Pirates theme, but this year it is Mischief Makers!

Our Featured Characters are : Stitch, Pluto, Donald Duck and Lotso Huggin Bear(In 3-D :3dglasses)!

Our Hood Center piece was provided by RustManFan from over at the DiSigners forum! (Awesome work!!!).

We picked up the art from the print shop today. It is on 1/16th thick waterproof removable vinyl. The average size of the pieces is 13X15 inches, but the hood is 25X25.

A couple of the pieces laid out

38505_453673390830_553925830_6636137_1610253_n.jpg

A test of the sizing

38478_453688260830_553925830_6636528_868017_n.jpg

And Introducing, Lotso Hugging Bear (IN 3-D! :3dglasses), from exactly where you last saw him in Toy Story 3!

38053_453729650830_553925830_6637522_5630558_n.jpg

Lotso is secured using 15 nylon wire straps. The Yellow Ribbon is just decorative, to reflect the yellow rope from the film). We watched the Movie a second time on Sunday night so we could get the pose just right!!

Although we aren't leaving for a few more days, we felt it would be wise to give him a few test days to ensure he's secure.. wouldn't want him to be abandoned at a rest stop somewhere between Toronto and Florida now would we? :rotfl:

Shall we define "awesome", or just look at your setup again? I vote that we just look at sweet ride some more. :3dglasses

We are going to need some action shot from the way down!

Anyone know why is smells like bacon in here????:confused3

AHHHHH love what you've done with the place Don!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Shall we define "awesome", or just look at your setup again? I vote that we just look at sweet ride some more. :3dglasses

We are going to need some action shot from the way down!

Thanks everyone ;) We LOVE this part of the trip! It's been two months of planning!

We still have a lot of work to do on the van, lots of decals to apply and then there is the ink work (we will be using Crayola Window Markers for some infill)

The hardest part was finding a Lotso' Hugging Bear (In 3-D! :3dglasses). We could find the decals all over the place, but we wanted to emphasize the 3-D!:3dglasses part ;)

Thanks everyone ;) We LOVE this part of the trip! It's been two months of planning!

We still have a lot of work to do on the van, lots of decals to apply and then there is the ink work (we will be using Crayola Window Markers for some infill)

The hardest part was finding a Lotso' Hugging Bear (In 3-D! :3dglasses). We could find the decals all over the place, but we wanted to emphasize the 3-D!:3dglasses part ;)

Love the Lotso

Add me to the December vacation list 2-11

As long as you keep Lotso on there year round!! :lmao:

My unofficial studio (Cinematic Recording Arts Productions) with a staff of one was asked to make a video for our church. We've had a problem getting people to sign up to help with the nursery, so I made this short ad to recruit some more volunteers. See if this would inspire you to sign up and help out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C09Z7xw5Z24

My unofficial studio (Cinematic Recording Arts Productions) with a staff of one was asked to make a video for our church. We've had a problem getting people to sign up to help with the nursery, so I made this short ad to recruit some more volunteers. See if this would inspire you to sign up and help out:

Church is SO different from when I was a kid.:rotfl2:

I love it!!! It's a great vid man! Of course, i was distracted by the music, which will always remind me of the "scene" in A Clock Work Orange... :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!