1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The DIS Book Club Discussion Group: Round 10 - A Discovery of Witches

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by UConnFan, Dec 5, 2012.

1. UConnFan

UConnFan Mouseketeer

Absolutely not! The more the merrier!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. UConnFan

UConnFan Mouseketeer

So what do you all think of Diana being Spellbound? Why do you think her mother did it?

I have to admit, I was disappointed when I learned her mother saw a man in her future and decided that is when she would be safe, but apparently I foresaw it with out realizing. Diana is so indenedent and that's a characteristic I've valued in her. I love that she had to use magic on her own to get out of the ruins. I wish her magic would "unravel" because *she* was ready, not because some (slightly creepy) old guy came along.

I am coming around to the relationship, though. The author knew that the damsel-in-distress that was engrained in my girly brain would secretly love it.

4. UConnFan

UConnFan Mouseketeer

Also, do you think there is a significance to the tea Marthe insists Diana drink?

5. evildiva

evildiva Reading "Twilight Series" has produced unhealthy e

Since I've already read the second book (more than once), I've been having a hard time responding without giving things away. I will say that the tea is very important. I love the relationship Diana develops with Matthew's mom as well.

6. UConnFan

UConnFan Mouseketeer

It's funny, right after I posted this question I read something I think might answer my question, but I'm not sure yet (and it's a ahead of the reading schedule, so I'll hush hush for now)..

7. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

Ditto. It's pretty impressive how all the family and friends start to come together nicely by book 2.

8. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Thanks! I will try to catch up :-)

9. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

Is everybody done with this? I just started reading it and am enjoying it so far.