The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey

Having stayed at both CRB and POFQ this very nearly made me burst out laughing because I totally know where you're coming from. We stayed in the Barbados building one year....*shudder*....that walk.

We were in Barbados building eleven.....is this a small world or what. Hmmmm...its a small world yet CBR is gigantic....perplexing isn't it.

I have been enjoying your TR so much, I went back and read your unfinished report. Big mistake. No closure. :sad1:

I know....I'm such a quitter. Tinkershell sometimes tries to shame me into going back and finishing it.

We will also be at POFQ this December! Dec. 11th-21st, in fact. Maybe we'll cross paths. :)

Gotta Get To Disney! :moped:

Alas, our last day is December 7th.

This is my favorite trip report EVER! I can't tell you how many times I laugh out loud! Please, please, please....finish this one!

I've got a good feeling about this one. Then again....I had a good feeling about the first trip report too....and painting the house.....and fixing the fence...

But, I'll try my best.

Please, please don't leave us hanging. This is the only way to get my Disney fix, as you see we don't go again until 2010.

Just a clarification on a couple things:

I DON'T wear a kercheif, but I DO love moleskin.

Great job on your TR, Peter!:cheer2:

Please, please don't leave us hanging. This is the only way to get my Disney fix, as you see we don't go again until 2010.

Living vicariously is the only way to go.......thats why I only enjoy sports from the comfort of my own couch.

Loving your trip report! We have a pal mickey too! :thumbsup2

Love him....cherish him.....because you just never know...

Just a clarification on a couple things:

I DON'T wear a kercheif, but I DO love moleskin.

You so wear a kercheif....don't make me break out the pictures.

Keep up the good work! Thanks for all the LOL funnies! :cool1:

If you are a librarian....you are going to need to be careful with the LOL's

Shssssssssssh

So great, must have more!!!!

next rambling non coherent installment forthcoming.

You so wear a kercheif....don't make me break out the pictures.

Speaking of which, did I miss the part in your TR where you said you weren't going to post pictures???:confused3 Not that your TR needs the enhancement, its prose is poetic enough on it's own. Perhaps some of us would care to see who we are enamored with. . .

Speaking of which, did I miss the part in your TR where you said you weren't going to post pictures???:confused3 Not that your TR needs the enhancement, its prose is poetic enough on it's own. Perhaps some of us would care to see who we are enamored with. . .

I was soooooooooooo thinking the same thing!

Pictures, pictures, we want pictures! :dance3:

I was soooooooooooo thinking the same thing!

Pictures, pictures, we want pictures! :dance3:

Well......I know first hand that we took hundreds of thousands of pictures during our trip so.....I ought to be able to scrounge up a couple

What's all this talk about pictures?

Here I was hoping that since you were the last poster, we'd have another new update. It has been since 5/1. That's plenty of time :confused3:rolleyes1;)

What's all this talk about pictures?

Here I was hoping that since you were the last poster, we'd have another new update. It has been since 5/1. That's plenty of time :confused3:rolleyes1;)

They started it......oops I just did it again....I'm the last poster.

Don't worry. It's so close I can almost taste it.

Chapter 10: “Chapter” You keep saying that word….but I don’t think it means what you think it means.

So let’s review what we’ve learned so far at AK:

1. EE was awesome
  2. Cheaters enjoy KRR while non-cheaters end up with pruny appendages.
  3. Devine is as slippery as a mole covered in lotion

A quick glance at Tinkershell’s non-negotiable itinerary revealed it was nearly lunch-time. However, Pal Mickey and I ran a few calculations in our heads (I swear sometimes his brain is like a computer) and decided, if we really hurried, we should have just enough time to ride EE with our fastpasses before butting up against the lunch deadline. Obviously, this decision was fraught with danger because we knew that, if we had miscalculated even to the slightest degree, we would almost certainly end up violating the sanctity of the non-negotiable itinerary and for this….. Tinkershell would make us pay……and pay dearly.

DS actually decided to pass on EE….. he was still busy emptying water out of his pockets from KRR and was afraid he’d just slow us down…..opting instead to stretch out on a sunny rock to dry.. ..along with all the other soggy non-cheaters. The rest of us scampered off to EE using our now patented quick walk, which is definitely not a run because that is a Disney no-no. EE was even better the second time, possibly due to the added excitement of the almost certain death that awaited us if we were late for lunch. Turns out, we made it….just in the nick of time.

As we settled in at our table in the dining area at Flame Tree BBQ, the first thing I noticed was a little sign prohibiting people from feeding the birds. Ouch…..that was not good. Tinkershell does not do well with “don’t feed the birds” signs. For you see, she comes from a long and distinguished line of dissident animal feeders. On one occasion when we were visiting her parents in Phoenix, we went to a zoo that featured endangered animals. Every cage was plastered with signs begging people not to feed the animals because of their delicate diets. The only affect these signs had on Tinkershell’s mother was she had to aim higher as she was throwing handfuls of Christmas cookies through the bars.

Anyway, because I’m a rule-follower, Tinkershell tries her best to behave herself around me. She does so partially because she loves me and partially because…..when she does break rules….I start to react like Rain Man around a steaming bath. But, because of her tainted bloodline, I was pretty sure that the moment I left her alone, Tinkershell was going to start feeding her some birds.

The plan was for me to gobble my lunch and then head on over to Kilimanjaros Safari to grab some fastpasses for later. Ok….it wasn’t so much a plan as it was just dealing with the reality of the situation….because we all pretty much knew I was going to gobble my lunch…. because that’s how I roll. Anyway, I decided I might as well do something useful while I was waiting for all these “chew and swallow your food” nutjobs to finish.

After I returned with the fastpasses, I made my way back to our table…fully expecting to see it swarming with every type of fowl indigenous to the region. Curiously, my family was no longer where I had left them. For a moment I panicked……certain that the massive throng of feathered creatures Tinkershell had lured to our table had picked up my family and carried them far away. Thankfully, after a desperate search, I found them waiting at a different table near the front of the dining area…..safe and sound…..although..it is just me or does DD Woobie look a little disgruntled?

As the story goes, Tinkershell had began feeding the birds like a woman possessed the minute my footsteps had faded into the distance. Shortly thereafter, she had gotten up and pushed her way through the living, breathing pavilion of feathers that now totally enveloped our table in search of a restroom…possibly to wash some of the rapidly accumulating bird filth from her person. While she was gone, a CM fought his way through the barrier of claws and beaks to our table and handed DD Woobie a rather nasty card scolding her for breaking the rules….something sweet Woobie would never do…because she is like me….nearly perfect in every way.

We kept the card as a souvenir.

175_7552.jpg

so peaceful......hard to believe it would soon look like a scene from an Alfred Hitchcock movie

Next up: Chapter 11: Did we really need a whole chapter about lunch?

LOL, I believe one of my first post on Dis, was asking about Pal Mickey. We had planned a trip that never happened. I knew that my first purchase was going to be a Pal Mickey. To my horror when my son and daughter-in-law returned home they informed me that Disney was discontinuing Pal Mickey. I still get a little teary-eyed thinking about the Pal Mickey I never got to enjoy the greatest place on earth with. They were told, that maybe a new interactive toy was in the planning stages. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Oh I hope so! For this september I am finally going to make it to Disney. :banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

This is some seriously funny stuff. I love it. Just came across it and I am hooked. I keep saying to my DD listen to this and OMG that is so funny. She is just playing along with me as I am not sure she is really listening to me as she isn't laughing like I was when I first read it to myself.:rotfl2::confused3

A fellow "Princess Bride" addict!!!:goodvibes I myself would never feed birds, either, but not because I'm a rule follower. I grew up in San Diego, and as you know, it's near the ocean.:lmao: To make a long story short, I had a hot dog stolen from me when I was a child by a horrible seagul. To this day, I cannot feed the birds. Now, when it comes to other animals, I'm on board!!:yay:

LOL, I believe one of my first post on Dis, was asking about Pal Mickey. We had planned a trip that never happened. I knew that my first purchase was going to be a Pal Mickey. To my horror when my son and daughter-in-law returned home they informed me that Disney was discontinuing Pal Mickey. I still get a little teary-eyed thinking about the Pal Mickey I never got to enjoy the greatest place on earth with. They were told, that maybe a new interactive toy was in the planning stages. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Oh I hope so! For this september I am finally going to make it to Disney. :banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

Discontinuing indeed.....they just didn't want to pay Pal Mickey fair market value when his contract came up for renewal. And after all he's done for those people.

Have fun in September by the way.

This is some seriously funny stuff. I love it. Just came across it and I am hooked. I keep saying to my DD listen to this and OMG that is so funny. She is just playing along with me as I am not sure she is really listening to me as she isn't laughing like I was when I first read it to myself.:rotfl2::confused3

Honestly.....do our kids ever listen anymore....I mean really listen.....and we have so much to share.....its a tragedy really

What did the card say?

I don't 100% remember....but I'm pretty sure it hinted at physical violence.

I know...they don't mess around with rule breakers.

A fellow "Princess Bride" addict!!!:goodvibes I myself would never feed birds, either, but not because I'm a rule follower. I grew up in San Diego, and as you know, it's near the ocean.:lmao: To make a long story short, I had a hot dog stolen from me when I was a child by a horrible seagul. To this day, I cannot feed the birds. Now, when it comes to other animals, I'm on board!!:yay:

Tinkershell had a churro swiped by a seagull one time........and she chased it down and took it back.

I know....she doesn't mess around with churro swipers.

She didn't eat it by the way.....I'm pretty sure she'd want me to mention that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter