The Dasani Girl takes on the World...PREGNANT!! UPDATED!! 12/31 day 7

Yeah! Single Digits! That is always such an exciting day! :cool1:

I agree! I'm glad we booked it spontaneously. It makes it come much faster!

When we got back last time Nick started looking in to getting a Mustang. Although the cars themselves were affordable it costs so much to ship them over. And all the ones that we have over here are either stupidly expensive (were talking £20k upwards), or there in bad condition. Its just another reason we have to move over ;)

I don't mind flying at all, especially on the way over I am just so excited to be going on holiday. I do get bored though, I am quite a fidgetty and impatient person, especially on the way back when your going home and back to reality. Disney isn't that bad its only 9 hours flight, when we went to Thailand it was over 14 and that wasn't funny. Nick really wants to go back to Australia but I have told him the only way I am going is if we fly First Class as it is just so far. I cant see us shelling out £20k just for flights any time soon though :laughing:

It should be really nice seeing and doing different things, its a perfect excuse to see a different side of Disney and really relax. Sounds good to me :thumbsup2. So Brayden wont have to wait too long for his first trip then (well 2nd of sorts), how exciting :woohoo:

Girl, as much as you want to move over here, I really hope you do someday. That will be a dream come true for you, wouldn't it? I'd love to see that happen for you!

Wahoo, I am so jealous. I cannot believe you will be there that soon, you only just booked it :laughing:

:woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3:

LOL I know, we wouldn't even be going if I hadn't showed Darren that e-mail for the 7 for 4 deal!! :rotfl: I know just how to reel him in!

Awww, how cool!!!!!!!!! It will be here before you know it!:goodvibes

I know. It's NEXT WEEK!!! :cool1:

Yay! The single digit dance...dancin' with you, Heather!!:cool1: :banana: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Thanks for dancin! :banana:

woohooo single digit dance it is :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

Forget all those other dances, the single digit dance is by far the most exciting!

Amost there!!!

:cloud9:

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Your trip looks great and you guys are too cute! Have a great time!

Hi! :wave2: Thanks!!

9 days!! :woohoo: Holy Crap.. I would be soo excited! I know I wouldn't be sleeping at night... hehe :banana:

I have trouble sleeping at night anyway! :rotfl: Darren has about 2 inches to sleep on because of all my pillows. I just can't get comfortable.

I read your introduction and only realized now that Darren and I have the same birthday. Hope he has a good one!

Aww, happy late birthday! He had to work on his :sad2:

Dancin' with you...:banana:

:dance3: :dance3:

I'm going to eat lunch at my mom's, but I will have an update when I get back. :flower3:

Enjoy your lunch, what you having?
Its almost time for dinner here and im starving but as its friday we always get atake away so i have to wait another couple of hours till my DBF Darren gets home from work.
Look forward to your update, you must be bouncing of the walls with excitement now :cool1:

I'm jealous of your single digit dance. I can't do that dance for 3 more days.

3 Days isn't that long though! You'll be dancing before you know it :banana:

MMM, I'm hungry, what's for lunch?

Cheeseburger and fries...The most healthy choice, of course. :rolleyes1

Enjoy your lunch, what you having?
Its almost time for dinner here and im starving but as its friday we always get atake away so i have to wait another couple of hours till my DBF Darren gets home from work.
Look forward to your update, you must be bouncing of the walls with excitement now :cool1:

Cheeseburger and fries lol. You have a DBF Darren? They're great, huh? lol

About time girl, I thought you were never going to update. I can't believe you will be going so soon, I am so excited for you. And I can't wait for your TR, I've waited long enough for it, but I know it will be worth it :goodvibes

How did your test go hun, I hope everything is fine with you and Brayden. And yes that would be a dream for both of us. Its great, Nick is up for it even more than me. And since he is so laid back I know I would be allowed to make most of the important decisions like where we would live etc.

Ok so here's a list of things we can do.

Magic Kingdom

- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Carousel of Progress (if it's not closed seasonally)
- Country Bear Jamboree (not sure if we'll do this or not, but at least we CAN!)
- Enchanted Tiki Room (Darren isn't sure about this one. Last time we were singing that song ALLLLL week! Along with another song that I will tell you about shortly)
- The Haunted Mansion
- It's a Small World
- Jungle Cruise
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mickey's Philharmagic (I am SO disappointed that this will be closing on the 18th! We are definitely going to MK on Saturday so we can see it a couple of times. It's my favorite show)
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (I get nervous about being picked in here!)
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean (I know it has a small drop, but I'm sure it will be fine. Has anyone pregnant ever been on POTC?)
- Snow Whites Scary Adventures
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority (We'll spend a LOT of time on here. So relaxing! I wish the TTA went around the whole park like that.)
- We'll also be able to ride the train, something we usually pass up because we're in a hurry. So it will be nice to ride it around a few times
- We usually skip the parades, but if we're in the area at the time, we'll probably watch as many as we can. We are normally running to the major rides while the parades happen, but not this time!
- Wishes. My favorite fireworks show. I hope the loud noises don't scare Brayden. He got a little fidgety on New Years Eve, so I'm hoping it will be okay!
- FOOD! Dole Whips, turkey legs, ice cream, roasted almonds, etc. Yum!

Epcot

- Honey I Shrunk the Audience (probably my least favorite 3D show. It just seems outdated. The muppets in DHS as well. It doesn't really feel like the stuff jumps out at you anymore. :confused3 )
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Mission: Space (kidding!)
- Soarin'? (Okay, this one is iffy. Darren's mom knew someone that got turned away at Soarin' because she was pregnant. I don't see why there'd be a restriction, but we're going to ask before going on. I hope I can ride)
- Spaceship Earth
- The Land
- If I can handle the walking, we might do World Showcase. We've never made it to all of the countries and this would be a nice time to do it. We'll see!)
- Illuminations
- Food here too!

Hollywood Studios

- Beauty and the Beast (we've never seen this show. I've always wanted to.)
- The Great Movie Ride
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show
- Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show (Darren wants to see it. I want to skip it because we saw it on the last trip. I think it's an every other trip show.)
- Magic of Disney Animation (never done it)
- Muppet Vision 3D
- One Man's Dream (never got to watch the whole movie at the end.)
- Toy Story Mania (I heard it's pretty jerky though. Anyone been on it have any insight?)
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid (LOVE this show!)
- I hope we can catch the new Block Party parade here. I won't be able to stand and watch it, so we'll have to find somewhere to sit pretty early. My sciatic nerve acts up if I stand in one place for too long :sad2: )
- Fantasmic!
- Food...Of course! ;)

Animal Kingdom

- Festival of the Lion King (never done it. I have been wanting to for awhile now though)
- Finding Nemo - The Musical (THIS is another song that got stuck in our heads after watching it. "In the biiig blue world..." Oh man, it was bad lol. So I don't know if we'll see it this time around or not.)
- Flights of Wonder (I haven't seen this show since 2000.)
- It's Tough to be a Bug
- We'll probably do the trails where you see the animals and stuff. I know we're skipping the safari since I nearly bounced right out of the truck a few times. It's just too bumpy!
- Food
- So not much to actually do at AK, but there's still a lot to see there.

Darren has been saying he was going to rent me a wheelchair, especially for Epcot. I keep telling him no since it will look like I'm trying to get in rides a different way or whatever. He's worried because I get a lot of braxton hicks contractions after walking for a long time, so we'll just have to stop and take breaks. Of course I have to stay hydrated, but that means I'll visit every bathroom Disney owns. Which SUCKS because of the virus going around.

Also, because of the virus, we're going to be driving to the parks to avoid being in busses with sick people and just breathing the same air over and over until we get to the park. I love the busses and associate them with Disney with their diesel smell, but this time we have to take precautions. Plus, it'll be nice to get into a comfy seat after leaving the park instead of a plastic seat on a crowded bus.

So I think that's pretty much all we know for now. We're going tomorrow to get the necessities and then we're all set!
I can't believe we're leaving a week from today!

About time girl, I thought you were never going to update. I can't believe you will be going so soon, I am so excited for you. And I can't wait for your TR, I've waited long enough for it, but I know it will be worth it :goodvibes

How did your test go hun, I hope everything is fine with you and Brayden. And yes that would be a dream for both of us. Its great, Nick is up for it even more than me. And since he is so laid back I know I would be allowed to make most of the important decisions like where we would live etc.

I know, I'm a slacker, I'm sorry! I just have so much going on right now.
And you've waiting for MY trip report?? I'm waiting for YOURS! You always have so many details and you make me feel like I'm there. I'll be having my little man by the time I'm reading your TR. I'll have to read it out loud to him!

I don't get the test results back for about two weeks, so we'll probably be in Disney when I get them. Even if I fail, it doesn't mean I have gestational diabetes, I just have to go and take a 3 hour test to determine if I have it or not. But hopefully I will pass the first one so I don't have to do the 3 hour one!
My doctor said everything was fine and she told me to have a great time in Disney World. :cloud9:

I know, I'm a slacker, I'm sorry! I just have so much going on right now.
And you've waiting for MY trip report?? I'm waiting for YOURS! You always have so many details and you make me feel like I'm there. I'll be having my little man by the time I'm reading your TR. I'll have to read it out loud to him!

I don't get the test results back for about two weeks, so we'll probably be in Disney when I get them. Even if I fail, it doesn't mean I have gestational diabetes, I just have to go and take a 3 hour test to determine if I have it or not. But hopefully I will pass the first one so I don't have to do the 3 hour one!
My doctor said everything was fine and she told me to have a great time in Disney World. :cloud9:

Well good luck, I am sure you will be fine. I know how well you take care of baby. And don't worry, I know you have a lot of important things to concentrate on at the moment, its just nice to know whats going on with you and baby :hug:. That is so funny, I can just imagine you reading it to baby, so he can learn what he didn't when you were there. You know when he has the cheek to fall asleep and not concerntrate his full attention on Disney :laughing:

Oh and it looks like there is still so much you can do at WDW, including a lot of great rides and shows. I didn't realise there would still be so much, maybe you aren't going to have so much free time as I thought.

Sounds great! You still have a lot to do.. I'm having a problem with cutting things out. There is so much I forgot to do last time.. or didn't know about.. and I'm trying to add them with my must dos.. hehe thank goodness I get more than 1 day at certain parks. But I'm not going to stress about it.. there will be other times.. plus, its going to be way hotter than when I usually go in Jan. So I will have to pace myself more!:cool1:

Walking's good for pregnant ladies. I'd make sure to do the World Showcase tour. If you feel too worn down, you can always find a nice table somewhere and relax for a bit. Or make one of the Kidcot masks for the baby, that will give you an excuse to stop and rest a bit in each country.

Can you do the Norway ride while pregnant? I did that for the 1st time last month and it was so much fun!! You should definitely be able to do the Mexico boat ride.

Well good luck, I am sure you will be fine. I know how well you take care of baby. And don't worry, I know you have a lot of important things to concentrate on at the moment, its just nice to know whats going on with you and baby :hug:. That is so funny, I can just imagine you reading it to baby, so he can learn what he didn't when you were there. You know when he has the cheek to fall asleep and not concerntrate his full attention on Disney :laughing:

Thanks!

Oh and it looks like there is still so much you can do at WDW, including a lot of great rides and shows. I didn't realise there would still be so much, maybe you aren't going to have so much free time as I thought.

I know, we're really only missing out on the major thrill rides. Disney just has so much to offer that there's something for everyone, no matter what your situation. That's what makes them so great!

Sounds great! You still have a lot to do.. I'm having a problem with cutting things out. There is so much I forgot to do last time.. or didn't know about.. and I'm trying to add them with my must dos.. hehe thank goodness I get more than 1 day at certain parks. But I'm not going to stress about it.. there will be other times.. plus, its going to be way hotter than when I usually go in Jan. So I will have to pace myself more!:cool1:

I know, there's always something we never get around to doing, and I'm sure that will be the case this time too!

Walking's good for pregnant ladies. I'd make sure to do the World Showcase tour. If you feel too worn down, you can always find a nice table somewhere and relax for a bit. Or make one of the Kidcot masks for the baby, that will give you an excuse to stop and rest a bit in each country.

Can you do the Norway ride while pregnant? I did that for the 1st time last month and it was so much fun!! You should definitely be able to do the Mexico boat ride.

Walking is usually good, but my doctor told me not to do too much of it because it causes me to have contractions. You bet I'll be walking my butt off when my due date rolls around! :rotfl:
I'm not sure about the Norway ride. I think I saw somewhere that said pregnant women might want to skip it. :confused3

Cheeseburger and fries lol. You have a DBF Darren? They're great, huh? lol

Hope you enjoyed them, i love cheeseburger & fries well i love unthing realy thats classed as unhealthy food :rotfl:
Yep I have a wonderful Darren in my life too :lovestruc

There seems to be loads you can still do at Disney which is great, make sure you see the Beauty and the beast show its really good, I loved it when I went :)
Hope the next week doesn't drag for you either :)

There's still so much you can do and see, you're going to have such a great time! Definitely try to see all of the World Showcase if you're up for it. It's such a magical place!

I'm at WDW now and while I'm not as far along as you, I have been walking just about all day. I too get braxton hicks contractions after awhile, but if I sit on a bench and drink a bunch of water, they go away. Today, I just sipped water throughout the day and the braxton hicks were much less.

I have seen zero evidence of sickness at the resort (AKL), the buses or the parks. That's not to say that it's not around, but it's just not as visible as the threads on the illness have made it seem. Yeay! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter