The Dasani Girl takes on the World...PREGNANT!! UPDATED!! 12/31 day 7

TrueEeyore

Dasani Girl
Ok, I thought it would be a long time before writing another one of these, but here we are!

First, let me introduce the "cast" for those of you who don't know.

There's me, Heather.

1-3.jpg

I'll be 22 on the 28th of November, I LOVE Disney, especially Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbell. I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant with our first son, and we're very excited!

And then there's my husband, Darren (with my nephew's feet!).

3.jpg

Let me tell you, it was hard finding a semi-normal picture of him. He's such a goofball, he never smiles, it's always a weird face or something.
Anyway, he'll be 25 on January 7th, he loves Disney just as much as me. He always works hard so he definitely deserves this vacation.

And baby Brayden will be there, of course.

bmf7.jpg

He is due on April 5th, 2009. His favorite activities include sleeping, waking up, and using mommy's bladder as a Space Walk. We love this little rugrat!

Darren's parents are coming on the trip for a few days.

4.jpg

They love going to Disney, and we go with them every year.

Now, how did this trip come to be? Well, every e-mail I get about some good deal, I call Darren in to see, we discuss it and decide it's not a good time, no money, he can't get off of work, etc.
So I wasn't expecting much when I showed him the e-mail for the buy 4 get 3 free deal.
"I guess we could go in January..." He says. Hmmm. I won't be too far along in the pregnancy. I won't be able to ride the biggies, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to take. I can skip a few rides if it means the well being of my baby, plus I just enjoy the atmosphere of Disney. I will be sad to pass up my favorites, but I'll be back!

So I send off for a quote. The price isn't bad. We decide to definitely go! It will be a laid back trip, with lots of naps and slow walking. I'm happy to just be going, I miss it so much!

We'll be going to Pop Century from January 17th-24th. Darren's parents will probably stay offsite since they can't get into a value because they're booked up. They are only going for 4 days (kinda crazy when you can get 3 free, huh??) but I will enjoy the alone time with Darren.
We will be driving, with plenty of potty breaks, I'm sure.

I think that about wraps up the basics. We won't be making any ADRs because for one, who knows what we'll want to eat at any given time? And two, they are probably booked solid!
We try to get to as many evening extra magic hours as possible, so that's really the main thing we plan around. We like to be spontaneous and decide where we want to go when we get there. So this won't be much of a pre-trip report as far as planning goes, but I'd still like to chat with everyone and get excited about going!

BTW, all baby updates will be on the baby report (link in sig).

Congrats again Heather, that's so exciting! I remember how bummed you were when your original trip was cancelled, but it all worked out for the best. Now not only do you have Brayden on the way, but you also have a relaxing trip to look forward to! Even without the big rides you'll have a great time - as much as I love the rides, my favorite part of our trips is always just walking around the resorts and the World Showcase. Keep us updated!

Oh Heather I am soooooo excited for you and Darren. And lucky baby Brayden, he gets to take his first trip before he is even born. I am sure you are going to have a great time, even if you cant ride everything. You will get to see and do things you otherwise might have missed.

Cant wait to hear more about it. Oh and go join my pre-trippie too.

Yay I'm so excited for you!!!!! I am still following your pregnancy journal and now this one. Can't wait to hear more!!!!

Alright!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I know you have been itching to go back!!
We will just miss each other by only a couple of weeks~!

Oops, I did a double post!!!

I know you will be able to find lots of goodies for Brayden while your down there!

Congratulations! I have been to WDW pregnant. I focused on the food since I was missing the big rides that trip. I just love going with my kids but take advantage of your last adult trip (well, unless you go by yourselves after Brayden is born.)
Things, I look forward to when the kids are older - good sit down restaurants, eating after 6pm, walking INTO the countries in WS, seeing the nighttime shows/fireworks (we missed everyone this past trip!), and strolling through the gift shops.
Have fun!

Congrats on your trip! We are arriving at WDW (staying at Pop) on January 23!! Maybe we will run into each other. BTW- I know you won't know when you will want to eat but when I made my dining reservations everything was wide open! Lets home it stays that way, I want empty parks to enjoy!

I can't wait to read your reports to see lots of pictures of Pop. I know you have stayed there before but it fascinates me as it seems so popular. TBH it was not a resort I would have ever considered, I guess as from the pictures I have seen it doesn't look as Disney-ish. However everyone on here seems to love it so it must be good.

Hi Heather!

I was a lurker on one of your other threads and remember when you had to cancel your last trip for the good news!

My nephew's name is Brayden! He just turned 2. :goodvibes

I'm excited for your trip! :woohoo:

Yahoooooo!!! What great news, Heather! :cool1:

I'll be at Disney World then too! We're going from January 8th to January 20th. I might run into you and your belly in the Magic Kingdom somewhere!! :thumbsup2

Wow Heather I can't beleive your going to WDW! How Fun!

I missed when you named the baby Brayden. So cute! I have a little Brady and he was supposed to be born on April 1st but came early.

Good luck planning the trip. Can't wait to hear more :)

congrats on another trip

speaker from experience, when DW was pregnant when we went, it was great.

right there are some rides and things you wont be able to do, but that just gives you that much more time to do the other things that alot of people miss on a normal trip

we loved it, we saw more shows that normal, and the none rushed side of disney.

looking forward to it, and congrats again

Thank you all so much!!! We are really excited to be going back. I'll try to find some kind of planning to do so I can update here, I don't want it to be too boring.
Thanks for joining in, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter