The Darling Family June Beach Club Trip:Hugging Ewoks and Finding Peter Pan

Here's the number, it's for anyone's use: 407-WDW-RIDE :thumbsup2

Neat that you guys made magnets! They look great! I love Wendy's choice, sunflowers are my favorite flower. :goodvibes

Boys do love those video games, huh?! lol
Thanks for the number, Liz. The Community Center made for a fun morning. A great DVC bonus!

Sounds like you enjoyed your last morning. Waiting to see which park you chose for your final park.
Our park choice is coming right up.:goodvibes

What a fun looking gathering place. I love the baseball cap magnet, especially covered in pixie dust!

Can't wait to see what your final park is.
Michael loves his baseball team (the Nationals). He doesn't yet care that they are the worst team in baseball:lmao:

Wow!!! That was really worth the wait!!! The treehouses look wonderful!! I am glad you enjoyed SSR. So far that is the only DVC we have stayed at (with developer points). Next month is our first trip "home" to AKV.

Love the magnets! They are great!! My grandson was just turned 3 on our first stay at SSR and he wanted to paint a car in the community center. It was for age 6 and up, but they very sweetly let him participate!! One of the highlights of his 1st trip for sure!!

I enjoyed AP, but since we were in congress park both times we got spoiled by WPEC for breakfast (when we rarely had it) or dinner. I think we ate ther 5 times between breakfasts and dinners on our 9 day trip. The walk was so relaxing and quite pretty too! We even enjoyed it in the rain!:goodvibes

My grandson turns 4 on Sunday and Dad's birthday is Tuesday. Dad is getting PS3 and Connor is getting Wii. Two guesses what Connor will want to be doing next month.;)

I can't believe your trip is almost at an end. Boo! Guess you need to start your 1-10 pre trip report.;):lmao:
The treehouses really are beautiful. You are such a lucky duck to own at AKV. We're hoping to stay there in January 2011. (I know that is a long time off.) I doubt we'll be owners so hopefully we'll just rent points. It seems like such a beautiful property. Are you going to do a TR? I would love to hear about the villas! And the DTD location is really a plus to SSR, especially if you are staying in Congress park. If Connor is anything like most of the boys I know he'll get plenty of use out of his DS:rolleyes: I'm a bit sad my TR is almost over as well. It really helped with the Disney withdrawl thing:goodvibes My January trip is going to be a real quick trip. I'm meeting DBF and we're doing the half marathon. We're only staying 2 days. I don't think it's enough to support a PTR:rolleyes1 I may to a TR when I get back though. I guess we'll see. Oh and thanks for the boo:cool1:

I love the relaxing morning you had. Those magnets turned out nice. It's great that you didn't feel the need to rush, even knowing it was your last park day.

I am letting my boys bring their DSs because they will NEED them in the car (and I will need for them to have them). There's a good chance they will be put away in the room, though.

Can't wait to see where you are headed!
If we'd driven I'm sure we would have brought the DSs. The flight was only 2 hours though so they did OK without them. We were so busy that they really didn't miss them. I think it will be pretty easy for you to put them away in the room and they won't even realize it.:goodvibes

We were on our way to our last park of the trip and it was Epcot. Epcot has been our last park every trip. That isn’t on purpose; it’s just the way it has worked out. I guess it is our accidental tradition. Anyway since we entered by way of the Main Gate we had to stop to get some photos. Michael wasn’t in a picture taking mood.
Image637.jpg

Image639.jpg

Image640.jpg

Image641.jpg

Image642.jpg

Image645.jpg

We arrived around noon so we knew the lines for all the biggies would be long. We sent DH off to get fastpasses for Test Track and the kid and I headed off on a separate mission. Wendy really wanted to show Minnie all of the fun things she bought this trip. (She knows Minnie is a shopper just like her.) So Wendy assembled a Minnie outfit for the day that included the shirt, the shoes and her Minnie watch. We headed off to the Character Spot for what seemed like the 27th time this trip and hopped in what was a long line. Luckily they have cartoons playing and it was air conditioned so it wasn’t too bad. While we were waiting in line we came up with the meeting plans. Wendy would get a private meet with Minnie; John would get a private meet with Donald and Goofy; and Michael would get a private meet with Mickey and Pluto. Then they would have a group meet with all of the characters. After formulating our very complicated plan, our turn finally arrived. First up was Mickey.
Image646.jpg

Image648.jpg

Image650.jpg

Image653.jpg

Image654.jpg

Next came Pluto.
Image656.jpg

Image658.jpg

Image661.jpg

Then it was Minnie’s turn and for some reason the photopass photog had stepped away. You’ve got to be kidding! This was the primary reason we waited. So I asked if he was coming back and they made another one appear (that’s Disney Magic). So Wendy got to show off her outfit.
Image663.jpg

Image666.jpg

Here they are comparing shoes. Minnie was quite impressed with Wendy’s choice of footwear. They had a grand time together.
Image667.jpg

Image669.jpg

Eventually the boys joined in.
Image672.jpg

Next was John’s favorite
Image677.jpg

Image678.jpg

Image680.jpg

And we finished up with Goofy.
Image681.jpg

Image683.jpg

Image686.jpg

And with that we completed our last Meet ‘n Greet of the trip. Nobody could complain we hadn’t seen enough characters! So what is up next?

Woo hoo, more great character photos!!! I will most likely do a trip report. We are staying at AKV's and can't wait to see AKL and AKV. The trip will have some very unusual dynamics, so will hopefully be interesting enough.:rotfl:

Looking forward to what comes next!!

Those are great pictures with the characters (I think the ones at the front are cute too. Even if Michael didn't want his picture taken. I really like the balloon ones).

Can't wait to see what you did next. :)

The community center at SSR looks fun, what a relaxing morning - and the magnets look great :thumbsup2

Great pictures of Wendy and Minnie, they seemed to be having quite the fashion conversation!

So sad things are wrapping up however you seem to be making the most of your last day :)

I'm so sorry, I was sure I'd posted on this update. I think the pics of all of you in front of the ball are great! And I'm so glad another photopass photographer showed up for Wendy's Minnie pictures. I was worried.:eek:

Woo hoo, more great character photos!!! I will most likely do a trip report. We are staying at AKV's and can't wait to see AKL and AKV. The trip will have some very unusual dynamics, so will hopefully be interesting enough.:rotfl:

Looking forward to what comes next!!
Make sure to let me know when you start your TR. I'm sure this report will be over and I'll need something for my Disney Fix:goodvibes

Great pictures! I love the colorful shirts you have on!
We now have so many Disney shirts we won't need to buy anymore for years!

Those are great pictures with the characters (I think the ones at the front are cute too. Even if Michael didn't want his picture taken. I really like the balloon ones).

Can't wait to see what you did next. :)
I actually like the family pictures and balloon pictures too. That is pretty typical of Michael. He can be either the cutest thing we've ever seen or the biggest stinker. Rarely is he ever in the middle. He does feel bad now that he isn't in the balloon pictures though. You'd think he'd learn something from that, but I don't think he has:rolleyes:

The community center at SSR looks fun, what a relaxing morning - and the magnets look great :thumbsup2

Great pictures of Wendy and Minnie, they seemed to be having quite the fashion conversation!

So sad things are wrapping up however you seem to be making the most of your last day :)
The community center is a fun little DVC perk. A good way to relax without getting bored. Wendy and Minnie were having quite the fashion conversation. It was quite cute!

I'm so sorry, I was sure I'd posted on this update. I think the pics of all of you in front of the ball are great! And I'm so glad another photopass photographer showed up for Wendy's Minnie pictures. I was worried.:eek:
I was a bit disturbed when the photographer left. I think the CM's were a bit suprised I cared so much. I don't think most people are as attached to photopass as myself:rolleyes1

Next I had a mission. I wanted to find frames with each of the park’s names on them. I actually already had an AK one from a previous trip so I was actually only looking for MK, Epcot, and HS ones. This seemed like an easy task, but as I already mentioned they didn’t have them in Downtown Disney. So I asked who wanted to go shopping and the answer was Wendy. (What a surprise.:rolleyes:) So Wendy and I headed into Mousegear while the boys headed over for another Spaceship Earth ride. I think John could ride this all day! We found nothing in Mousegears and as we were leaving DH called and said they pretty much walked on Spaceship Earth so we should come ride too. We headed over that way, but before we went on the ride I checked in the two stores right by Spaceship Earth. One is called Epcot and one is a photo store. I thought either one of these would be my best chance, but no luck.:confused3 So I officially gave up on the frames and we headed to ride Spaceship Earth. After a short wait we were traveling back in time and then we were seeing our future.
DSC00836.jpg

Shortly after this the ride stopped and we just sat there for a few minutes. It wasn’t too long of a wait, but they must have been having some technical difficulties because when we walked by later the ride was closed altogether. We reached the end and found the boys playing with the computers. (I think this may be the primary reason this is John’s favorite ride. Computer games at the end.:rolleyes: Oh well, I guess it’s better than a store.)
Anyway, it was getting close to our final ADR time and we headed to the World Showcase. On the way to lunch, we passed through the United Kingdom where I picked up my final souvenirs. Another side note: I did a Study Abroad in college and lived in London for 6 months. Because of this I love England!:love: I’d seen a must get item earlier in the trip and this is when I bought it.
disneysouvs006.jpg

The other thing I always buy when I get the chance are the English biscuits (cookies to us Americans) known as Hob Nobs. I just love those! So I stopped in the Tea Caddy and bought 4 packages of them to bring home with me. And just to let you know how mean and piggy I am I ate them all myself!:scared1: I made sure no one else was around when I’d break them out. We left the UK and walked by the International Gateway. We all looked wistfully over towards our beloved Beach Club. Have I mentioned I love that place?:lovestruc

Our last meal was booked because of information I’d gleaned from the DIS. We were going to dine with Remy!:cool1: We were seated shortly after checking in and the restaurant was only about half full. Maybe because of the time (this was at 2:30.) We had a charming French waiter and happily ordered our food. I don’t remember exactly what I had for my entrée, but I do remember the appetizer. It was the Onion Soup and it was yummy! I was in Paris last March and this soup was almost as good as the Onion Soup I had there. Everyone enjoyed their meal, but the kids were mostly interested in when Remy would arrive. He finally showed up and was so cute.:cutie:
DSC00840.jpg

He nodded his little head and moved around quite a bit. His handler referred to him as “little chef” which is just like the movie. In fact his handler was excellent. He told us Remy could come help me cook at my house, but he would have to bring his brothers and all of his relatives.:eek: I politely declined. Anyway, we finished eating shortly after Remy’s visit and headed out. This was a relaxing, beautiful restaurant with good food. I’d definitely return.:thumbsup2 Our time in Disney World was winding down.:sad1: We walked back to Future World through the World Showcase side we hadn’t spent as much time in. I snapped a few pictures on the way.
DSC00841.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

We stopped into Mexico to ride the Donald ride. What a nice pavilion that is with its air conditioning!;) This is a cute ride, but the thing I remember most was the couple behind us because they had a buzzer for the restaurant. Guess what went off right at the beginning of the ride?:lmao: Hopefully they didn’t give their table away.

As we walked out of the pyramid we ran into my favorite thing, a Photopass photographer. He wanted to take us back into the pyramid (I’m sure because it was so hot!) and he was a bit disappointed when I said no just do some outdoor shots. He must have been a little annoyed because the quality of the pictures is lacking a bit. Here is what we got.
Image687.jpg

Pretty poorly composed shot.:confused3 I cropped out Michael to make it look a little better, but we sure are squinting.
Image688.jpg

And that is the last photopass shot of the trip. So we have one last ride in store. Where are we headed? (You’ll know the answer if you’ve been paying attention because we have fastpasses. )

Oh my goodness, I go on vacation to Disney and get waaay behind on your report. But, I'm all caught up now. It's always sad to hear it's the last day of a trip.

Ooh, ooh, I know! Test Track, baby!:cool1: Nuts, I hope you found the frames somewhere. You didn't go to college in the midwest, did you? I did a study abroad program in college also, but my 6 months was in Germany. I think your beefeater Mickey is too, too cute!

Lunch with Remy looks fun. We had a dinner ADR at Chefs, but ended up cancelling. The menu looked so good though. Next time!:thumbsup2

I can't remember if the fastpasses are for Soarin' or Test Track but I think Soarin'? :confused3

The end of a trip is so sad. But you guys had such a great time. I'm glad you had such a good last day. You shouldn't crop Michael out of that last shot, he's smiling! (at the ground, but at least he's smiling)

I'll let you know if I see your frames anywhere while I'm there.

Those are some really nice Future World pictures!

And the Remy visit was cool. I didn't even know about it until it was too late (he's leaving before we get there). Not that I could have done anything about it. ;)

I LOVE LOVE :love: the UK pavilion too. I want to go to England (and Wales) almost more than anything. It will be a while before we actually get there, though, I'm afraid.

Looking forward (though sadly) to your last ride!

Oh yay you had lunch with Remy, he looks so cute. I hope he is at CdF next year :)

Sorry you couldn't find your frames, not sure if it what you are looking for but last year I bought a boxset of photo albums and each one was for a different park and you could put a photo on the cover.

Lol about the Hob Nobs, have you tried the ones with chocolate in the middle, like Oreos? They are my fav next to the plain ones :)

Looking forward to reading more :)

Oh my goodness, I go on vacation to Disney and get waaay behind on your report. But, I'm all caught up now. It's always sad to hear it's the last day of a trip.
I'd much rather go on vacation to Disney than keep up on my trip report:rotfl: It's good to have you back though!

Ooh, ooh, I know! Test Track, baby!:cool1: Nuts, I hope you found the frames somewhere. You didn't go to college in the midwest, did you? I did a study abroad program in college also, but my 6 months was in Germany. I think your beefeater Mickey is too, too cute!

Lunch with Remy looks fun. We had a dinner ADR at Chefs, but ended up cancelling. The menu looked so good though. Next time!:thumbsup2
Test Track is correct.:thumbsup2 A+ for you. You've been paying attention. I never did find the frames, but I just look at it as less money I spent, right;) I went to college out West. I actually went to High School in Central IL, then went west for college and then ended up out East:confused3 Where in Germany were you? I love Southern Germany. It's beautiful. I'd definitely try Chefs next time. It was some of the better food we had.:goodvibes

I can't remember if the fastpasses are for Soarin' or Test Track but I think Soarin'? :confused3

The end of a trip is so sad. But you guys had such a great time. I'm glad you had such a good last day. You shouldn't crop Michael out of that last shot, he's smiling! (at the ground, but at least he's smiling)

I'll let you know if I see your frames anywhere while I'm there.

Those are some really nice Future World pictures!

And the Remy visit was cool. I didn't even know about it until it was too late (he's leaving before we get there). Not that I could have done anything about it. ;)

I LOVE LOVE :love: the UK pavilion too. I want to go to England (and Wales) almost more than anything. It will be a while before we actually get there, though, I'm afraid.

Looking forward (though sadly) to your last ride!
Thanks for looking out for the frames, but I'm pretty sure they don't have them anymore. I think they've replaced them with the 4 Parks 1 World frames and the photo books Stefy mentioned (see above.) About the Mexican picture, I just don't like the way it is composed. It is one of those pictures that isn't worth printing, but I'm not complaining. I got hundreds that are worth printing:goodvibes Hopefully you'll get to the UK someday. I hope to get back sooner rather than later. I've promised I'll take Wendy there when she graduates from HS, but who knows I may get back sooner. DH is always talking about going over for a soccer game. He loves English soccer. I always forget what his favorite team is:confused3

Oh yay you had lunch with Remy, he looks so cute. I hope he is at CdF next year :)

Sorry you couldn't find your frames, not sure if it what you are looking for but last year I bought a boxset of photo albums and each one was for a different park and you could put a photo on the cover.

Lol about the Hob Nobs, have you tried the ones with chocolate in the middle, like Oreos? They are my fav next to the plain ones :)

Looking forward to reading more :)
I think Remy appears somewhere in Disneyland Paris. That is where he originated. So if you ever make a jaunt across the channel you might be able to see him there:goodvibes I saw the photo albums you're talking about. I think those are actually what replaced the frames I was looking for. And no I had no idea they had Hob Nobs with chocolate in the middle.:worship: I would love those. I always just get the normal milk chocolate ones. I'm going to keep my eye out for those. They sound fabulous!

We headed over to Test Track for our final ride of the trip. Another one of those bittersweet moments.:sad2: Everyone loved the ride. Here we are.
Image691.jpg

Of course we had to spend a few moments checking out all of the cars. The kids just love this place.
DSC00847.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

And then that was it.:sad1: We said goodbye to our final park and headed out to the bus stop. Can I just say the Epcot bus stops are a bit of a haul from the park entrance!:eek: We’d never used them before. Anyway, after a short wait we were on the bus headed back to Saratoga Springs to catch the Magical Express. After getting dropped off we made a quick stop at the Community Center to pick up our completed magnets and then we headed over to the bus stop. Too soon our Magical Express bus arrived and we were on our way. We flew Southwest so we had to check in our luggage at the airport which was a bit of a pain. (Rumor has it Southwest will soon have baggage check in at the resorts. That will make the Magical Express super magical.:wizard:) For dinner we had McDonald’s. It was the first time we’d eaten off Disney World in 9 days, and I hadn’t really missed it.:rolleyes1 (Though I did miss Chick Fil A. Too bad they don’t have that in the Orlando airport.)
There was a little incident while we waited for our plane. DH and Wendy had wandered off somewhere and I was sitting there with the boys at the gate. I figured now would be a great time to leisurely browse through my hundreds of pictures on my camera. I hadn’t really looked at many of them. So I turn my camera on and there was nothing there.:scared1::scared1::scared1: I freaked out. Literally. I started yelling at my poor boys. (They had been the last ones with the camera.) There were tears and people staring. My boys insisted they didn’t do anything. I could barely breathe! I called DH and just said, “You have to get back here now!” Mostly I was just too upset to deal with the poor boys. (At least I was lucid enough to know someone needed to deal with them.) DH came racing back and found a hysterical wife holding the camera saying, “They are gone. I know you don’t care, but they are all gone.” I was sobbing pretty uncontrollably.:sad1::sad1: DH expressed some relief that it was just the pictures. He was imagining blood. A real emergency. In fact later he told me he couldn’t for the life of him imagine what was wrong because I sounded so upset. He thought maybe Michael had gotten into a fight and broken some kids nose or something.:laughing: Anyway, I remained pretty depressed about losing all the pictures. (We all know how I feel about pictures.;)) I tried really hard to get myself together and DH reminded me we still had the gazillion of photopass pictures plus I still had the Disney family’s pictures. I eventually calmed down, got some perspective and realized worse things have happened in my past and worse things will happen in my future. I was still pretty bummed though. Now since you’ve all seen the hundreds of pictures I thought I lost you know this story has a happy ending.:goodvibes Somehow the card was in the camera funny and it wasn’t reading it right. I took it to a camera store the next day and they had no trouble getting the pictures. Happy day for me and for my trip report!:yay:

So after that crazy woman incident the flight home was uneventful. We arrived at our home airport around 11:30 pm and were home tucked into our beds by 1:00 am. Our Magical vacation was over, but we all had memories (and photos) that will last a lifetime.:cloud9:

Next up:
Final thoughts

I just love those Spaceship Earth "your future" pictures. Make me laugh everytime! :rotfl:

I like your new Mickey.

I need to try these hob nobs.

Remy looks so cute!

Great Test Track picture, such fun. :goodvibes

I had forgotten about your major picture scare!!! That was awful! I was SOOO relieved for you when you got them back.

Not happy your report is ending! But looking forward to your final thoughts. :)

Check out my updated signature! You like it? :teeth: Because I LOVE IT!!!

What a :scared1:. I would TOTALLY have reacted the same way! I am fanatical about pictures. Somehow Will's last day of school pictures got erased off of the camera. I dropped it getting out of the car and I guess something happened. I made SURE I took some more when we got home from school BEFORE he changed clothes (or even went inside the house) and I haven't used the camera again since (although I'm sure it's fine-I'm pretty sure the pictures got erased when I dropped it). I have two other cameras I use, so it wasn't that big of a deal that I haven't used it, but I totally know where you are coming from.

How many times have you apologized to your boys? :blush: (been there too!)

Love the Test Track picture. I WISH they would put the other rides on the PP. Even if they charge more for it.

I'm so sorry your report is ending....so when are you going back? ;)

Wow...you've been a busy writer in the last week...I feel your pain about the photos-we had a somewhat similar incident our last day as well...:scared1:

Let's see...

So glad you got Wendy on Kali-fun, fun ride...
AK is really a lovely park...I think a lot of people underrate it...
I didn't know about the baby Simba photos...:confused3
Saratoga Springs sounds lovely...
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I saw that Beefeater Mickey and I seriously thought about it...
We had an early dinner in Chefs and David especially thought he was a hoot...
Test Track is one of our favorites too and I think that it's a great send off...

(btw-we saw Chick fil- a at the airport-maybe a different terminal-we flew Continental...`

lots of good updating...

Oh my I would have been freaking out major if that happened to me, but I am glad that you sorted it out and the pics were still there :)

I know what you mean about the last day of a holiday, I get v sad and try to take in as much as I can, even the little things like plants, or riding on the bus.

This TR has been a blast to read, thank you for sharing :)

My foreign study center was in Munster, Germany which is actually way up north, near the Netherlands. In fact we flew into Amsterdam and took the train to Munster. Love Bavaria, though.

Oh my, what a scare with your pictures! I'm glad that story had a happy outcome.

I feel so guilty that I didn't let Ian play in those cars at TT. I really thought they were for display only!:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter