The Darling Family June 2010 Trip Report: When are the Parents Showing Up?11/5 New TR

Ohhhh what pretty APs!! :goodvibes Congrats!! That is so exciting.

I hope you were able to get your PP picture before the rain came! I also hope your room is ready soon!

I'm a little late but I'm here! Looks like the vacation got off to a great start! I hope you got your PP pic before the rain started. Can't wait to hear more!

AP's!! You lucky lucky gal!!!! And 2 upcoming trips??!!! JEALOUS(in a good way, of course!) Your AP's look just like our GAD fastpasses..I wonder if I could pass them off as AP's??:laughing: I didn't know you could ask for a different character on your ticket? DS wasn't thrilled that he was Minnie Mouse..:rolleyes:

What a great trip, so far!

Hopefully you guys get out before it starts raining!!! Yay for AP's :cool1: Now all you got to do is plan plan plan for more lil disney trips

Yay for AP's! I would :love: some! However, can't talk DH into it!

Hope you got your PP pic in before the skies opened up!

We must have just missed each other. We were going into the park just as you were going out. We were in Spaceship Earth when the skies opened up.:scared1:

Can't wait for more!popcorn::

:woohoo: for AP's!!! :laughing: I should have guessed Club Cool!! It's a must for us every trip!:thumbsup2 Glad to hear the kids wouldn't fall for the Beverly trick again. My boys never learn.:rolleyes1:rotfl: Cute pictures on Spaceship Earth! Oh no! Dark skies? I hope the rain holds out so you are able to get your photopass pic!!:thumbsup2

I can't remember what day of the week this was - Thursday? If so, my Aunt and Mom got caught in the same mini-monsoon. I hope you got back in time - it was crazy! We couldn't believe the branches we saw down around the MK when hitting the monorail for 1900 Park Faire. Hope you got your picture in! I know what you mean about getting you all together...we finally opted for a candid of all of us on Friday at 'Ohana because we'd never hit a Photopass person when all 16 of us were there!

:banana::cool1: for APs! Someday.... ;) And count me among those that are jealous of you for having TWO trips coming up. I sooooo would like to buy into DVC....

Ohhhh what pretty APs!! :goodvibes Congrats!! That is so exciting.

I hope you were able to get your PP picture before the rain came! I also hope your room is ready soon!
Those APs are beautiful to me;) And the answer about the PP and the room will be in the next update.

I'm a little late but I'm here! Looks like the vacation got off to a great start! I hope you got your PP pic before the rain started. Can't wait to hear more!
Glad you could make it over. We're off to a good start, but it gets even better!

AP's!! You lucky lucky gal!!!! And 2 upcoming trips??!!! JEALOUS(in a good way, of course!) Your AP's look just like our GAD fastpasses..I wonder if I could pass them off as AP's??:laughing: I didn't know you could ask for a different character on your ticket? DS wasn't thrilled that he was Minnie Mouse..:rolleyes:

What a great trip, so far!
I would be jealous of me too. I don't know if you're supposed to ask for different characters. There was no one else in line at guest services and I think the CMs were just being nice. It's just random depending what comes next in the printer. But John definitely wasn't happy with Minnie:laughing:

Hopefully you guys get out before it starts raining!!! Yay for AP's :cool1: Now all you got to do is plan plan plan for more lil disney trips
Those APs do just seem to encourage more planning! And I notice you are headed down to Disney very soon! Have a great trip!

Yay for AP's! I would :love: some! However, can't talk DH into it!

Hope you got your PP pic in before the skies opened up!
It's a bit suprising my DH was talked into it, but I'm not questioning it! You'll have to wait for the next update to find out about the PP. (And maybe even longer to actually see any PP pictures. I'm still waiting on the CD)

We must have just missed each other. We were going into the park just as you were going out. We were in Spaceship Earth when the skies opened up.:scared1:

Can't wait for more!popcorn::
How funny that you were on your way in. We probably walked right by each other. Could you hear the rain when you were inside Spaceship Earth?

:woohoo: for AP's!!! :laughing: I should have guessed Club Cool!! It's a must for us every trip!:thumbsup2 Glad to hear the kids wouldn't fall for the Beverly trick again. My boys never learn.:rolleyes1:rotfl: Cute pictures on Spaceship Earth! Oh no! Dark skies? I hope the rain holds out so you are able to get your photopass pic!!:thumbsup2
Club Cool is perfect for those hot summer days:goodvibes The rain definitely came, but you'll have to wait for my next update to see where we were when it hit.

I can't remember what day of the week this was - Thursday? If so, my Aunt and Mom got caught in the same mini-monsoon. I hope you got back in time - it was crazy! We couldn't believe the branches we saw down around the MK when hitting the monorail for 1900 Park Faire. Hope you got your picture in! I know what you mean about getting you all together...we finally opted for a candid of all of us on Friday at 'Ohana because we'd never hit a Photopass person when all 16 of us were there!

:banana::cool1: for APs! Someday.... ;) And count me among those that are jealous of you for having TWO trips coming up. I sooooo would like to buy into DVC....
It was Thursday and mini monsoon is an apt description. I can only imagine how hard it would be to get 16 of you together with a Photopass person. I have trouble convincing just my kids to take pictures. (Michael in particular you will see missing from various PP shots during this trip.) I do feel very luck to be a DVC member.

I can realte to keeping up with kids in the madness that is Mousegears! It can ge crazy in there and my hats off to anyone who can keep up with their kids in there.

Congrats on the annual passes!

I think those annual passes are beautiful!

I love how they've changed SE with your pictures in cartoons at the end. I have something weird going on with my hair and I looked like Alfalfa from the little rascals and my DD17 laughed until we were crying I looked so funny!

That sounds like a wonderful start to your trip. My MIL and I got caught in all of that rain at Downtown Disney. It made for some interesting moments! Yay for the annual passes!:yay:

Great update :) Cute pic of John in the Mad Hatter hat.

:yay: for AP's, means lots more trips to take :teeth:

Yay for getting your APs! I am happy I got an AP again...it's been a long time since I had one! Still wish they were the credit card style instead of just the paper. Oh well, can't complain too much. Atleast it's an AP!

I can realte to keeping up with kids in the madness that is Mousegears! It can ge crazy in there and my hats off to anyone who can keep up with their kids in there.

Congrats on the annual passes!
It is tough with each of the kids wanting to look at different stuff and all of the different rooms. Luckily my kids are old enough that they know to keep an eye on me too.

No, we didn't know it was raining until we got to the part at the end where you play the fun games.

It's a small world after all!!:lovestruc
The soundtrack is probably loud enough to drown out any sound of rain. Wouldn't that be cool to hear the rain on the inside though?

I think those annual passes are beautiful!

I love how they've changed SE with your pictures in cartoons at the end. I have something weird going on with my hair and I looked like Alfalfa from the little rascals and my DD17 laughed until we were crying I looked so funny!
The cartoons at the end of SE are always such a crack up! It makes that ride down one of the best parts of the ride.

That sounds like a wonderful start to your trip. My MIL and I got caught in all of that rain at Downtown Disney. It made for some interesting moments! Yay for the annual passes!:yay:
I'm sure lots of people have stories about that storm! It was a big one! I can't wait to hear about it in your trip report.

Great update :) Cute pic of John in the Mad Hatter hat.

:yay: for AP's, means lots more trips to take :teeth:
The AP's do make me happy. Now if I could just figure out a way to get down to Florida for free.:confused3 Then those APs would get some serious use!

Yay for getting your APs! I am happy I got an AP again...it's been a long time since I had one! Still wish they were the credit card style instead of just the paper. Oh well, can't complain too much. Atleast it's an AP!
It is strange that they don't give you the credit card style. The tickets are supposed to last a whole year and they make them less durable than the hotel cards that you only need for a week. Go figure.

Lol yes that would be even sweeter :teeth: Maybe you should find a way to get DH's work to transfer him to Florida :laughing:

So I asked the kids where to next and Wendy immediately piped up with “Club Cool.” (No one guessed it.)

Never even thought of that; I was thinking rides. :headache:

So the kids all agreed we could get ice cream back at the hotel. (Remember this later.)

Uh oh... :rolleyes1

DSC02723.jpg

Woo hoo! :woohoo: So nice of the CM to let the kids get the characters they wanted! :thumbsup2

There was just one more thing I wanted to do before we left the park. I wanted a Photopass picture of all of us with the ball.

I really hope you were able to get the pic!

Woohoo for getting your APs! The CM went above and beyond to get them printed with just the right character. That's one of the reasons I love Disney.

I can hardly wait to see the pictures of Old Key West!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter