The Darling Family June 2010 Trip Report: When are the Parents Showing Up?11/5 New TR

We do not do breakfast out much with having the dvc kitchen and
I am not a big breakfast eater. I am happy with things like coffee (for sure), juice, bagel or fruit. BUT,one breakfast each trip for the Tonga Toast at Kona.
One day I will try the 5K at WDW - maybe next year. I an enjoying your TR with pics !

We had a so-so meal at Ohana back in 2008. I didn't think the meat was very good either. I know some people love Ohana but I don't know if we'll go back.

Amanda

Great update! :thumbsup2 Sorry you weren't thrilled with Ohana. We've had breakfast there and loved it, but haven't tried the dinner yet.

I feel exactly the same way about our O'Hana dinner. The salad, bread, and dessert were amazing. I am also a big fan of the dumplings especially when they were hot. :lovestruc I could take or leave the meat. I did peel the shrimp because it was the only meat that I liked. DH had really liked the turkey on our previous visit, but had changed it to chicken 2 weeks before we got there. :sad2:

I swear we sat at the same exact table the following evening. :thumbsup2

You had a great day!! Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::

Ok, you aren't going to believe this but the guys holding the limbo stick are my BIL and my DH! I didn't know you were going to be there the same night we were! How crazy is that!!!

We do not do breakfast out much with having the dvc kitchen and
I am not a big breakfast eater. I am happy with things like coffee (for sure), juice, bagel or fruit. BUT,one breakfast each trip for the Tonga Toast at Kona.
One day I will try the 5K at WDW - maybe next year. I an enjoying your TR with pics !
One of these years I want to try Tonga Toast. It's just that my kids still love the character meals and I prefer breakfast buffets to dinner buffets so if we do a table service breakfast it is usually a character meal. I'm sure their love of character meals won't last forever though.

We had a so-so meal at Ohana back in 2008. I didn't think the meat was very good either. I know some people love Ohana but I don't know if we'll go back.

Amanda
It wasn't a terrible meal, but yeah nothing I feel like I must rush back to.

Great update! :thumbsup2 Sorry you weren't thrilled with Ohana. We've had breakfast there and loved it, but haven't tried the dinner yet.
We actually had breakfast there during this trip too. I enjoyed it much more and would definitely do it again. Eventually I'll get to that review.

I feel exactly the same way about our O'Hana dinner. The salad, bread, and dessert were amazing. I am also a big fan of the dumplings especially when they were hot. :lovestruc I could take or leave the meat. I did peel the shrimp because it was the only meat that I liked. DH had really liked the turkey on our previous visit, but had changed it to chicken 2 weeks before we got there. :sad2:

I swear we sat at the same exact table the following evening. :thumbsup2

You had a great day!! Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::
I can't believe how we keep barely missing each other! It's almost like we had the same trip:laughing:
Hate to hear that the meal at Ohana's wasn't as you hoped it would be. It's on our list to try someday.
It's definitely worth trying for that bread pudding alone!

Ok, you aren't going to believe this but the guys holding the limbo stick are my BIL and my DH! I didn't know you were going to be there the same night we were! How crazy is that!!!
That is crazy! I wonder how we missed that connection in the pre trip reports. I knew you were going to be at Crystal Palace the next morning. (In fact I don't know if Jen mentioned it, but I saw you there. I'll put that in the report.) I probably didn't make the connection because we were originally going to do Ohana's the night before, but then found out my parents would be showing up. So I just kept trying to get dinner any other night of the trip. I had reservations for a couple of other nights first, but they were all a later time then I wanted. I finally got this reservation just a bit before the trip and you'd probably already discussed your ADRs on your pre-trippie long before then. Small world! Now you have a picture of your DH and BIL holding the limbo stick:laughing:

I like Ohana for breakfast, but I am not in love with Ohana like many are. I just don't get the hype about it (or the Poly *heads for cover*). I much prefer Cape May Cafe as a good resort buffet.

That is crazy! I wonder how we missed that connection in the pre trip reports. I knew you were going to be at Crystal Palace the next morning. (In fact I don't know if Jen mentioned it, but I saw you there. I'll put that in the report.) I probably didn't make the connection because we were originally going to do Ohana's the night before, but then found out my parents would be showing up. So I just kept trying to get dinner any other night of the trip. I had reservations for a couple of other nights first, but they were all a later time then I wanted. I finally got this reservation just a bit before the trip and you'd probably already discussed your ADRs on your pre-trippie long before then. Small world! Now you have a picture of your DH and BIL holding the limbo stick:laughing:

It is too bad we missed each other! DH and my BIL were good sports about holding the limbo stick. They even got to keep the special gold maracas, and the lady with the leis gave the kids cupcakes for dessert. We will have more in our TR since Friday is coming up soon. I will have to look closely at my pictures to see if you or the boys are in any of them.:laughing:

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for a trip to go see all the extended family. I'm not taking the laptop so I won't be able to update the report. Don't worry I'll be back in early August to continue on. I've only just begun! I'll miss all of my DIS friends while I'm away, but I promise to return:goodvibes

I like Ohana for breakfast, but I am not in love with Ohana like many are. I just don't get the hype about it (or the Poly *heads for cover*). I much prefer Cape May Cafe as a good resort buffet.
I agree that Ohana is better for breakfast. I decided the Poly wasn't my favorite place this trip too. It's just too crazy all the time there.

It is too bad we missed each other! DH and my BIL were good sports about holding the limbo stick. They even got to keep the special gold maracas, and the lady with the leis gave the kids cupcakes for dessert. We will have more in our TR since Friday is coming up soon. I will have to look closely at my pictures to see if you or the boys are in any of them.:laughing:
Cupcakes for dessert! My boys would have been jealous! Can't wait to hear about it in your report

Hmm...You have me questioning whether Ohanas is right for my family. I am definitely glad we did not decide on it for this trip as I think most traveling with us would probably not like it. There are so many good restaurants, or at least ones to try ;), I know I want to try new ones instead of going back to ones we have visited (unless they are our favorites).

Have a great trip! :)

I about fell on the floor when I saw that picture! :rotfl: I was looking for you Saturday, so I guess that's why I ended up seeing you. Of course, I was limbo-ing with Will and laughing hysterically at my DH, so I was also distracted :rolleyes1 We were in the room just as you come in, so you wouldn't have seen us from your table.

Have a wonderful trip! It sounds like it's going to be a long one. I hope you see lots of loved ones and get some rest and relaxation! (we need a hammock smiley!)

Argh I am so behind!

Great updates :thumbsup2 Well done to Michael pulling the sword out of the stone. Bless John, he did look like he was trying with all his might. Love the part where Michael has to think if he wants to Knight John, but very cool that he did :teeth:

Glad you liked Ohana's, such a yummy restaurant :)

Hope you enjoy your break and look forward to hearing from you when you get back :goodvibes

Joining in and looking forward to hearing more:goodvibes

Your photopass pics are awesome and the boys hair is adorable

Jumping in. All caught up, thanks to the lovely links...
Have a great trip and look forward to more when you return.:thumbsup2

KIM

Aww...so sorry that Ohana's wasn't what you hoped it would be. We loved our breakfast there but haven't tried dinner yet. We are hoping to someday. That bread pudding sounds really yummy!!:goodvibes

Hope you have a great trip!! Can't wait to hear more when you get back!:thumbsup2

I'm finally back! It was a long trip, and I'm happy to be back home and to be back on the DIS! The trip was much more eventful than I would have liked. Suffice it to say I am so thankful DH is still with us! He, my brothers and my dad all had to be helicoptered off a mountain top and I even took my first helicopter ride to transport DH to another hospital. Alls well that ends well though. My family is all OK, but that is not a day I ever want to relive. I hope to get a trip report installment up today or tomorrow.

Have a safe, fun trip!
There were lots of fun times and we had lots of extended family time so that was very nice.

Hmm...You have me questioning whether Ohanas is right for my family. I am definitely glad we did not decide on it for this trip as I think most traveling with us would probably not like it. There are so many good restaurants, or at least ones to try ;), I know I want to try new ones instead of going back to ones we have visited (unless they are our favorites).

Have a great trip! :)

Ohana's is a fun place, and lots of people love it. I wouldn't count it out just based on my experience. We did breakfast later in the trip and I really liked that.

I about fell on the floor when I saw that picture! :rotfl: I was looking for you Saturday, so I guess that's why I ended up seeing you. Of course, I was limbo-ing with Will and laughing hysterically at my DH, so I was also distracted :rolleyes1 We were in the room just as you come in, so you wouldn't have seen us from your table.

Have a wonderful trip! It sounds like it's going to be a long one. I hope you see lots of loved ones and get some rest and relaxation! (we need a hammock smiley!)
It's a small world at Disney World;) It was a long trip and with lots of loved ones, but it's good to be home.

Argh I am so behind!

Great updates :thumbsup2 Well done to Michael pulling the sword out of the stone. Bless John, he did look like he was trying with all his might. Love the part where Michael has to think if he wants to Knight John, but very cool that he did :teeth:

Glad you liked Ohana's, such a yummy restaurant :)

Hope you enjoy your break and look forward to hearing from you when you get back :goodvibes
The sword in the stone was one of my favorite moments of the trip! Such good times! I'm very glad to be back home!

Joining in and looking forward to hearing more:goodvibes

Your photopass pics are awesome and the boys hair is adorable
:welcome: I love my photopass! Hopefully I'll be able to get more up real soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!