The Daily Grind - 9/3

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Sep 3, 2012.

1. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Happy Labor Day!! :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Halloweenqueen

Halloweenqueen Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Happy Labor Day, everyone! Nikki, I like your signature...666 days! :thumbsup2

4. NC Belle

NC Belle <font color=indigo>I <font color=red>♥ <font color

:cool1: We went to the movies. I forgot how pricey the concessions have become, but it was a rare date night on a weekday night.

We skip buying dinner out since it was hard to drive in the hard rain.

I have to pick our vacation destination soon. MIL wants us to use her timeshare week before end of January. So, we are trying to decide whether it be a SC beach, FL, or maybe CA. I want somewhere warm in fall/winter. MIL might come along, but she is unsure about wanting to travel again so soon after her latest couple of trips. She is very active senior that still likes to volunteer.

5. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Morning!

It's the first day of school for us here. I'm excited! Anyone else have schools that open today?

6. WorldWacky

WorldWacky DIS Veteran

DD just got on the bus for Middle School. Our MS is 5th and 6th grade. She was a little nervous, but excited too. Teaming down rain though. Not fun for the first day of school. Now to get the little ones off for 2nd grade. DH is a teacher for 6th-8th grade bands and a football coach. He was a little less excited about the first day. :goodvibes I'm sure the weather is contributing to that as well. This won't make for a great first day of practice.

7. KristEn87

KristEn87 <font color=royalblue>I WILL be twirling around in

Hope your first day of the new school year is a good one Nikki!

Had an eventful weekend here. I started potty training my son and he chose to seek revenge on me by slicing my finger open with scissors. He was playing with them I grabbed them and the rest is history. He managed to get my middle finger on my right hand (Im right handed) so I have a huge wrap on it to cover the stitches. My high school students are getting a big kick out of it!

8. Cherinva

Cherinva Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Hi Nikki....our schools started today also....Vacation for me starts this Friday....no need to say where I'm going....:rotfl2:

9. disprincessatheart

disprincessatheart I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

At our house we're trying to pass the time beforee our wdw trip on saturday:cool1:. Sunday was errands, yesterday dh worked and I took our ds to play with friends at the observation deck park at the airport. He's 2.5 so he gets a big kick out of seeing the planes take off and land, and running around and playing in the sand always works too!

Today we hit the neighborhood pool which was entirely deserted except for us. Glad I invited a friend for ds! This afternoon during nap time I sorted thru all the items I've been setting aside for our trip for the last several weeks. Tomorrow I want to finish up some cleaning (I prefer the house be reasonably clean before we go since I have extra energy to burn now trying to wait for the trip, and will have none when we get back). Other than that I need to give the dog a bath, take her to FIL's on Friday, do the last minute laundry (right now it's all caught up) and finish packing... Only 90 hours to go :dance3: