~The Daily Grind~ 7/07/09

Prayers and Pixie Dust heading your way!!!

While he is doing his chemo, keep him home and potentially ill people away from him. His immune system will be way down and a simple cold will be complete and utter torture. My sister's FIL had pancreatic cancer, yes he has passed on, but he lived every moment he had left to the fullest. That man even went to Disney with his grandchildren before he started chemo. Anyway, his doctor recommended the pseudo-isolation for him, so I though I would let you know too.

I'm here if you need me. :hug:

PS-my boy dog has allergies!! :eek: Seriously. Siberians are not known for allergies, but our first one had them too. Our second one didn't and our girl dog doesn't have them bad. No coughing up of hair balls for her. That is what it sounds like. Doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong, until Kiena decided he should show him. :lmao: Doctor's eyes bugged out and said, "well, that is a LOT of mucus, isn't it?" :lmao: His lungs, trachea and tonsils look/sound great. Thankfully I don't have to take him too for shots every week, like I do with the boys. :rotfl: Just daily medicine. Feel like a pharmacist dispensing all the meds I do. Vitamin D3, allergy pills, multi-vitamins, Vitamin C and now add the dog's allergy pills. :sad2: I need a cool apron or jacket to wear.

may i please step up to the microphone and vent.......

my fil just came to drop off a check for our anniversary.
ok that's nice right?????

my mil wrote in the card...
happy 25th anniversary.
they said it wouldn't last, but you showed them!
have a fun time.

OMG are ya kiddin' me??? who said it would not last??? her???
i'm so stinkin' mad right now i could spit nails.

am i being to sensitive, because i have a lot on my plate?
tell me the truth please. would you be mad??

ok thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
i'm stepping off the box now.

where's Nan? i need to hear her say *to the moon with her*!

Is she being serious??!! :scared1:

My family is complete warped, and not in a good way, and would think that was just hilarious. :mad: And then would think there was something wrong with me if I didn't. Apparently I have no sense of humor. Uhm, when it is mean an spiteful, you're darn right I don't.

So whether it was in poor taste or meanness all over, I would be spitting mad too.

:hug: :hug:

Good thoughts headed your way! My DN had a brain tumor and after surgery and radiation had to do chemo for about a year. She just found out she is pregnant! So...a 90-95% cure rate is fabulous! I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Holly, we went to one in Marlborough. It's an old greenhouse that they've turned into a mini golf course. Greenhouse = humid, but it wasn't too too bad. The zoo would have been horrible in the rain. The girls enjoyed it, DH is a showoff, and then we went out for Chinese buffet. Unfortunately, it is now raining again, so no outdoor play. They are watching a movie now with full bellies.

Got the photos finished for one of DD's scrapbook pages for her 4H scrapbook, I like it so much I'm doing one just like it (or is it wrong of me to take hers to put into our Dis album?)

I need to go to the zoo for the final fixins of the tacos....and I need 3 more hours in the day, I'm in a scrappin' mood...had to take a nap, had another headache!

Tinkryan :hug::hug: My thoughts are with you and your family. I am so sorry.

Po3, is it possible that it was a poor attempt at humor? If it makes you feel any better, my MIL left my husband's bedroom door open loooong after we were married. When my SIL asked her why it was open taking up heat from the house, she said she wanted his room warm for when he came home. :confused3 Guess she wasn't planning on our marriage lasting. We showed her. :thumbsup2

AWM, poor puppy doggy. Have you identified what might be causing the allergies? dog food? weather?

Another day here of rain, thunder, etc. Who has the plans for the arc? I think we are going to need it.

My to do list:

Write in DD's communication book - done
Upload and order CM digital scrapbook - done. It is going to look gorgeous if I may say so.
Work on Mt. Washmore - always ongoing, load in the wash, load in the dryer, load folded and brought upstarts, several loads put away. Why do teenage girls were so many outfits in a day? :confused3
Call DB - done
Work - done
Post office to mail out packages - done
Find SDV clip art!!! - DONE!!! and emailed out. :goodvibes
Wash tshirts for SDV.

Another day here of rain, thunder, etc. Who has the plans for the arc? I think we are going to need it.
I think I've got it. We for sure don't need it- we are in a severe drought. Send some of that rain down here, will ya? Because it is so dry, we are in a severe heat wave as well- 110 is normal.:scared:

I'm about to build an ark, it's insanely rainy here. Keeping my fingers crossed that Sunday will be a good day (M's b-day pool par-tay at the town pool).

Hey all!

Happy 25th to Holly and Mr. PO3

Joyah - let us know how it goes with your Dad

Ashley - Good to hear from you! How was the move? I missed the whole thing!

Nan - I might have a few ppl for that plane! When does it depart!?:)

Tuesday...tuesday...

DD up and out to feed pig
Dishes
Laundry
Vacuum and clean floors
Work on Door sign for friends upcoming cruise
Meet DH at hemotologist office at 11
PU horse feed
PU snacks for DD 2nd birthday!! I cannot believe how time flies!!

Thats all I can think of for now - I am sure there is more! There always is.:upsidedow

And if you can squeeze in an extra prayer for DH and our family I would appreciate it. We were awaiting bone marrow results and doctor confirmed his suspicions - hairy cell leukemia. DH starts the chemo today - sounds doable - I guess if there is a leukemia to have this one is good - 90-95% cure rate - one shot of chemo each day for 7 days. Shouldn't be too bad...right?? UGH. Just knowing you all are here is such a great thing!!

Extra prayers from our house to yours!! Keep us posted... Lots of love and hugs added to the prayers for you and your family!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts. 12 hours later I'm home and I went and hour and a half later than dad and mom!!!

It went great the dr was very pleased with the bone structure he had to work with and so he gave him the mercedes of knees. He finally hit the room at abt. 5 we beat him there cause transport can't get their acts together. He's feeling better cause he's already complaining that he's been in the bed for 12 hours I said yep and you're going to be there at least another 12. He wasn't impressed. Right now he's tired and so are we it was a long day of hurry up and wait, I only had to get grumpy at them once. 45 mins after they said someone would be right out I flipped my **tch swich and got action.

AWM jelly arrrived safe and sound last night. will have toast in the am

Didn't have the enery to throughly read the whole thread so what ever I missed wished or giving out hugs I'm sorry. Off to bed after downing some dinner.

Joyah, I am so glad your Dad's knee surgery went well.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter