The Daily Grind ~ 2/7/13

I was w/ Buffy in the stores via text today.. she said it was complete chaos...
milk was in short supply, bread running low and all the magazines were gone in the aisle and at the checkout lanes! LOL
I did have to wrangle her in a few times from bright and shiny objects she was trying to buy!!!

Our school doesn't call off earlier either... last week w/ the major fog they waited til about 30 minutes before the first pick up for the elementary routes.. I'm sure there were some parents not so happy that could have enjoyed another hours sleep!!

Well, DH finally got the final tax document we needed from the ex... So, my numbers are entered...double checked, triple checked.. will check again tomorrow... and then will wait to submit next week.. (education credits are mid-feb...so I'm gonna hit enter asap!)... this money is going into the kids' savings for next semester's tuition! I get a little fun money but education is priority one.. next year... it'll be graduation party/education... (graduation party = WDW!)

dsneprincess said:
Congratulations on the good interview & job possibility. I hope you don't see 3 feet of snow! That is really pretty funny......especially if you don't get it! Not laughing at you, I just really get a kick out of weathermen & the hype they do. (& they are so often wrong!) If my accuracy was like theirs, i'd be unemployed! No offense to any weatherpeople, just amuses me to no end!
I also wish our schools would close in advance; we NEVER close the day before. I swear they want to make us wake up & wait. Many times they call it so close to start time, I've already woken the kid up & we didn't get the extra sleep. That is really annoying! I'm jealous you know tonight & don't have to set an alarm. I bet we will be going; new superintendent was VERY vocal that he doesn't believe in closing for predicted & they never early release here. I think 1 time in 8 years in district.

I say that every storm. How can they be wrong so often and still get paid?!

We went to dinner and Target. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We did run into Sophie and Ryan. (And their parents, too ;) )

We hardly ever have school cancelled. But, I was going to keep her home if they hadn't canceled. I hate driving in it and she's not on a bus. My luck would be that they would have an early release day and I'd be 20 miles away at work. This is much safer all around.

Reddy, no scrubs, but I think I'd prefer that to having to buy a new wardrobe!

Glad to hear you got the call early, Cassey! I'm disappointed about the crop but I do love a good snow weekend!

Finally home from my meeting. Going to have to survive with what is in the house as I am not going back out tonight.

I am very pleased with the decision to call school early. It makes it much easier for parents who work to make arrangements for their kids if they need to.

Jennifer, I am disappointed about the crop too, but with this storm I am much happier to be staying in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter