The Daily Grind ~ 12/4/12

tyniknate said:
That is awesome! How do you work with vinyl? I'm thinking these would be great teacher gifts (with a custom design)....with a little something tucked inside. Is it color on top of color? Or are the pieces cut like a puzzle to fit together? Do you cut it using the cricut mats and a deep blade? How do you attach the vinyl to the cups? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

You use the regular blade. Cut on medium speed and medium pressure.

This is the first time I've done more than one color on one piece. I just layered the colors on top of each other.

My sister is going to fill them with candy and give them to the women at her Christmas party. I'm making a bunch of different birds from a set from Lettering Delights called Seasons Tweetings.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, I'm pleased with how they came out.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Congrats to Rachel on another acceptance letter! It's a great feeling when you find them in the mailbox :cheer2: What, if you don't mind my asking, is she planning on studying?

She wants to do pharmacological research...so she'll be studying chemistry of some sort. She's so smart it makes my head hurt ;)

congratulations to Rachel! nice to have choices!

jen those are sooooo cute! I still need cricut lessons! I did do more playing at the scrap last month but I'm so not that talented

Hope you all had a great day. I'm feeling very behind and Eric's really trying me. His elf has gone back to the north pole! Jingle has delivered a letter saying he'll be getting underwear and socks for christmas.

So right now I'm praying for strength to get this kid through to christmas break.

Our boy elves have been stuck in immigration... I'm not sure what the issue is but rumor has it; it will be week's end for their arrival.. (I'm thinking Carson and Bentley are waiting for DS16 to get a week's worth of driving him before they arrive)...

However, Snowflake made a trip to PJ's college when she delivered the finals care package!! :woohoo:

immigration love it Nan.

YoYo went back cause he was being hidden in laundry baskets, and behind doors. Some on is VERY on the fence this year and it seemed to be stressing him out. So ernie and elmo are here for Levi.

Eric still having issues this am so I'm off to roust him out of bed. :eek: going to be a LONG day my friends

She wants to do pharmacological research...so she'll be studying chemistry of some sort. She's so smart it makes my head hurt ;)

That's great! Pharmacy is a great field and always in demand. Maybe she can work on a cure to my migraines...hint hint! :rotfl2: Ty thought last year maybe he would like to go to be an actual pharmacist, but that specific job seemed too tied down for him. He is more of a wanderer.
He has settled on taking physics as his major. He will then decide if he wants to tie it to engineering or go in another direction. All three of my boys are science and math geniuses. Most times I don't even know what they are talking about! :lmao: Went in for my youngest son's (second grade) parent-teacher conference two weeks ago and she told me he was trying to teach some of his friends how to do algebra :eek:. Apparently his brothers had shown him how to diagram something the night before and he assumed everyone in his class would want to know. :rotfl: Such a funny kid!

jen those are sooooo cute! I still need cricut lessons! I did do more playing at the scrap last month but I'm so not that talented

Hope you all had a great day. I'm feeling very behind and Eric's really trying me. His elf has gone back to the north pole! Jingle has delivered a letter saying he'll be getting underwear and socks for christmas.

So right now I'm praying for strength to get this kid through to christmas break.

Hugs to you. I feel your pain. One year our boys only got clothing on Christmas morning. You can't imagine the sadness it caused, but they had been warned over and over and over again! Worst christmas ever! I spent the entire month in tears because of their behavior. When we got home from grandma's house later christmas day there was a note on the door from Santa explaining why they got what they did and telling them there were more gifts inside, but if they gave their mom any more grief the gifts would all disappear and not return again. Thankfully it has only had to happen once.

My sister says I have scarred them for life.

Oh I'm sure I'm scarring him. But I just can't take it. i'm quite sure that puberty is hitting......... I don't remeber Levi being like this........

Thanks for the hugs off to see if there is an email from his teacher

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter