~ The Daily Grind 10/8/09 ~

Spend afternoon with BFF... Farmers Market... Kohl's sale :woohoo:

Make sure DS17 takes his meds, and gets his homework...

I love Farmers Markets. We have a great one in my town on Sunday's.

I'm off today. Mom's b-day is today, so one of my sisters and I are taking her out to lunch.

I'm getting my hair cut and colored! Yay! I soooo need it. I think I might go blond to help cover up the gray bit better.

No other big plans for the day.

Hope everyone is feeling better, or is well on the mend!

Have a great day!

Can't wait to see your do. And a big Happy Birthday to MorgansGrandma2000.
Cut things I will need for crop on Saturday (not Lisa's, :sad2:)
Darm!

Sorry for the delay in posting - I've been sleeping (a lot!) and on the phone with insurance folks, hospital billing, and all of my fun new "friends" (ugh) as a result of the crash.

First, DH is doing ok. He's working at home and is achy but optimistic that the surgery was successful. The more days, weeks, etc. that go by without the strange runaway heartbeats the better. Fingers crossed! His pacemaker/defibrillator was turned back on to continue to help the *other* part of his heart.

The car is totalled - we got the official word this a.m. and they'll come drag it away tomorrow. Sigh - poor little Saturn. It put up a good fight against that monster Escalade, but lost the battle (but saved us!).

The doc believes I also sustained a concussion from the impact. If I didn't even actually hit my head on something (the neck rest?), the impact may have been so severe that my brain got sloshed against the skull. He says my disorientation, memory/attention problems, and general loopyness isn't a symptom of whiplash, like my neck and head pain is. (I sort of dissolved when I had a hugely tough time answering some very basic math problems and reciting things backwards - it was SO crushing...because normally I'm such a nerd!) He says only time will help me here and I check back with him next week. In the meantime, no driving for me. (But, scrapshopping CAN occur online!!! HAH!)

I appreciate all of your kindness more than you know. Old and new friends are certainly helping us through this mess!

Oh, PBF, I am so sorry to hear that you are still having problems from the accident. Pat that car lovingly before it leaves for protecting you and ZtH. Thank goodness for that!!!!

I'm not feeling any loopier than usual.... :crazy2:

And the difference there would..be.. :confused3 ;) :rotfl2:

Po3, poor Bubba and poor you. I can't wait to give you a big :hug: Saturday. Give SIL a gift certificate. Don't stress yourself out shopping on a gift.

Okay, everyone to bed early for some well deserved rest. Time for everyone to get well and on the mend. :grouphug:

My day today was:

Get DD up and ready for school. Actually she has been doing real well getting herself ready. I just have to make sure she doesn't walk out of the house with shorts on. The kid would wear them all year round if she could.
Caffeinate
Work
Call conference center regarding Cape Cod Crop. :yay:
Call and check on Mom.
Get hair done.

It's a lot shorter, and I didn't go blond, I stuck with red, my skin tone lends itself nicely to red and it makes my eyes look greener ;)

If she doesn't post a picture by Saturday, I'll make sure I get one, AWM.

Jennifer, I just can't imagine you as a blonde.

I'll be sure to get some on Saturday. I did used to be blond, but I was also 8 or 9 (when we lived in FL, I was white blond - natural). I like the red (and so does DH ;) ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter