~The Daily Grind~ 10/12/09

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by ddavis860, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ddavis860

ddavis860 <font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair

[​IMG]

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
    "You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Paper Clutter
    Zone of the week - Zone3 -- The Main Bathroom and The Children's Room (no kids - a room of your choice)

~The Daily Grind~ 10/12/09

It's Monday again! I need Caffeine!

My List for Today:

Caffeinate [​IMG] This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p...

Stay on points!

Weekly Home Blessing

:laundy:

365 pic...

Upload pics to Walgreens

Work more on Paper Mountain

Dinner.... :confused3

Have a Day Everyone!! :teeth:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. StitchIsOurHero

StitchIsOurHero <font color=red>I was smart enough to marry a DH w

Good morning, everyone!! We're back (actually we got back late Friday night). DH is off today b/c of Columbus Day, so he & DS are still sleeping! I did NOT want to get out of the bed to head off to work!!

We had a blast on our vacation--a much-needed, relaxing getaway!! I got to meet MickeyTeacher & NewEnglandEeyore! So much fun!!

Here's my back-to-the-real-world list for today:

1. Up
    2. Caffeinate
    3. Fix bday card & giftie to take to work
    4. Work
    5. Fix DS's food & clothes for this week

6. Clean DH's bathroom
    7. DH--Target & Walmart
    8. DH--change cat litter

9. Fold laundry
    10. Wash more laundry
    11. Organize pics
    12. Edit remaining 2 days of pics
    13. Catch up on DVR'd shows
    14. P365 pic
    15. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

4. DisneyIsTerrific

DisneyIsTerrific DIS Veteran

Welcome back SIOH!!! I'm so glad you had such a great trip. And, that's so awesome that you got to meet 2 Dis pals!!!!!!

I did a Gypsy and Cricut demonstration at Michaels yesterday and had such a fun time. Based on where I was located, I ended up being the information desk for everyone coming into the store, but I also got quite a few men and women interested in the Cricut. There were only a couple interested in the Gypsy. It was a fun day and I loved spending all that time on the Gypsy. It's so easy to use and I so :love: it!!! It's high on my list of wants and I think DH is getting really tired of me going on and on and on about it!!:rotfl: Maybe he'll get so tired of it that he'll buy me one!!!!

My day:
    Make DH's lunch
    DS up and off to school
    Clean bedroom
    Vacuum
    Wait for exterminator for quarterly spray

Make list of things I still need to do before trip next week
    Work on something from that list
    Work
    Dinner - ??
    Watch DWTS

Have a great day everyone!

5. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

Good Morning!
    I am so glad Homecoming is over at the church- dealing with evryone else's irreplaceable old pictures is very stressful- but everyone loved the powerpoints I did so now the big thing is making copies of them and distributing them around.

Joyah- hope you are feeling even better today
    SIOH- glad your trip went so well
    DIT- good luck getting the gypsy

Today-
    exercise
    salad for lunch
    fold and put away laundry
    finish lyric swap
    bag and tag lyric swap
    Celebratuon meeting
    pull things to begin working on next couple of swaps
    remburables for Sept
    put away scrap stuff bought in last week
    dinner????- something with beef

Rebecca

6. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

Workin' today. DH and PrincessM have the day off. My boss's wife is having hip surgery on Wednesday, and I don't work on Tuesday, so I really have to go in today. He expects he'll be out for at least a week...

SIOH, so glad to hear you had a great time! How fun to meet DIS friends!

Stephanie, is it fun? I'm waiting, not so patiently, for my pre-order to come in...Should be before Christmas.

Rebecca, steak or ground beef?

Deb, is that scrap paper mountain or icky bills and stuff? I swear they multiply when you leave them alone.

PrincessM bet DH that she watch no TV all day yesterday and she did it. He now owes her a board game. She had a rough couple of hours yesterday, but managed to keep herself busy and away from the TV. I'm proud of her ;)

Hope everyone has a great day!

7. party of 3

party of 3 <font color=royalblue>i can't believe that i will

morning ladies!

well i'm off today!!! YIPPEE! bubba and i are hanging out together. dh had to work. we are off to toysrus because it's bricktober. every week in october if you buy anything lego they will give you a brick. and at the end of the month the 4 bricks make a pic. YUP it's a ploy to to get you to buy legos!!!!! but i did promise him and i hate to break a promise.
    so that's my list for the day. just that.

jennifer-good for Princess M! i knew she could do it. i don't know if i could.;)
    deb- i'm interested too. is it bills paper or good paper. 'cause i swear that my paid bills paper is obnoxious! that's a good ? of the day. we have not had one of those in a while.
    stephanie-lucky girl. you get to play with it before you buy it to make sure you like it. hope dh buys you one!
    christy-how you feelin' today?
    rebecca-what kind of salad for lunch. tossed?
    brooke-you're back!!!!!!!! how was it?? i can't wait to hear all about it! and it must have been nice to meet your dis friends.

8. joyah

joyah living on the funny farm

Morning everyone

feeling much better, each day seems to be an improvement.

today I have no clue still trying to lay low just cause I don't want it back
    have to:
    fold laundry
    wash at least 2 more loads
    eat something
    dinner prep bbq chicken in crockpot
    boys off bus
    L to swimteam
    dinner
    homework
    crash (trying not to take a nap today)

SIOH glad you had a great time!!
    DIT would love to have a job playing with the cricut! you must have had so much fun!!!
    Rebecca thanks for the well wishes they are working. I'd have been stressed out too with others pics.
    Jennifer- YEAH for PrincessM boys could NEVER win a bet like that. They die when I ground them from TV and they don't even watch that much of it.

9. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

Stephanie/DIT - your job sounds great!
    Jennifer - Bummer to have to work when everyone else is home! BTDT.....
    Holly - have a great day with Bubba!

My list for today:
    put away laundry from yesterday
    plenty more laundry to be done today
    general pick up around the house
    sweeper in downstairs
    clean downstairs bathroom
    get and fill out a couple of job applications
    find a way to convince my boss that I truly do want to quit
    DS cub scout meeting
    dinner

Steph

10. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

I haven't decided yet- I have ground beef that I could Morracan pockets (adapted from a Disney recipe, tacos, or a London Broil, or steaks- I just need some iron so it will be something with beef.

Tossed i guess- I don't do mayo or dressings so it is really cut vegies over spinich and today I have shrimp to top it off.

I am working on getting back into my losing weight stuff- salads for lunch, 15 minutes of the bike, walking a few times a week- that kind of stuff- need to check and see if DH wants to walk with me this morning.

Rebecca

11. DisneyIsTerrific

DisneyIsTerrific DIS Veteran

Oh yes, it is soooo much fun!!!! I'm hoping I get one for Christmas (or maybe early if I'm good!:goodvibes

Princess M, way to go!!!! That's great that she could go all day without the tv. I don't think my DS could do it.

Holly, have a fun time shopping for Legos with Bubba and spending the day with him. Is he still enjoying scouts?

12. tinkryansmom

tinkryansmom You are one lucky bug!

West Coast checking in!!

Monday

DD up, fed, dressed and off to bus
    Little DD up, fed and happy
    COFFEE
    DIS, Email
    Little DD to MILs
    Haircut at 10
    Laundry
    Dishes
    Guy coming to quote for carpet cleaning
    Meet and help pick out/purchase items for prize booth at Fall Festival
    Dinner? Maybe chili?

They are calling for flash flooding tomorrow??:confused3 We need rain but we certainly aren't used to getting 2 inches in an afternoon. Will be a yucky day tomorrow it seems.

I know I missed the end of the week - any word from Ashley?

13. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

She was so funny. I heard her say a couple times "tomorrow I'll have TV AND a board game." She wouldn't even watch football while DH was watching during dinner. She sat with her back to the TV.

Can I just tell you how much I don't want to be at work? It's a quiet day, but I'm soooooo booooooooooooooooooored!

14. joyah

joyah living on the funny farm

Jennifer I'll trade with you. What I wouldn't do to be bored at WORK. I'm so sick of the 4 walls of my house. Today I've decided to play hookey and I'm making xmas swags that will hopefully sell at the craft show I'm going to in Nov. I've got to do something why can't a job just fall in my lap.:confused3
    oh well back to swag making....

15. PrincessNancy96

PrincessNancy96 Scrapbook Mom Moderator

Good Afternoon!

WE were busy, busy, busy this AM... kids off to school, DH had his neuro appointment and we spoke w/ the neurologist in depth about his diagnosis and that the meds are so doing their job!!! :) Thank you God! We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful neurologist!!

Today we also put our new vehicle on our insurance policy!!! Next week we are plating/registering it to us! Spending DH and I's Christmas money early to do this..but we knew this was our Christmas present this year anyway.. it just came in early!

DH and I also will be further researching the 4 colleges DsS18 was accepted too... He, DsS, is also following up on one of the colleges because I don't think it's really going to give him the educational background that 2 of the others will definitely. I'm actually pushing for the out of state college for him to attend due to who it is associated with in the real world!!!! This school would give him a better chance for a job in the industry he wants in...

Today has flown by so what was on the agenda is not getting done... but I'll get done what I can get done!

Hope everyone is doing well...
    Glad to have yo home safe and sound Brooke! Can't wait to see how my nephew did on his first vacation!!!

Ok, off to check on some things and tie down some lose ends here.. I have a big XC meet to attend tomorrow for DD so I'm going to be on the road right after school tomorrow for her big meet... this is the make it or break it meet to state regionals!!!!

16. ddavis860

ddavis860 <font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair

Paper Mountain is all that paper junk that comes in my house. I feel like I'm buried under it all!! Get rid on some, and more comes...

And I file it away, and never look at it again...so why am I bothering anyway? :confused3

So, cooking penne, sauce, meatballs, salad for dinner tonight...

17. party of 3

yes he is! thanks for asking! my mil sewed his patches on his shirt and just dropped it off. she said she sewed them on using thread my mom had given her, so she told bubba to think of both his grandmothers when wearing that shirt! :) my mother would have loved to see him in that shirt.

christy- you WILL find a job. i just know it!

TRM- i pm'd Ashley and she's ok. her dh is working a lot of hours and her sil is visiting. so just busy. but she is ok. i was so glad to get her pm back.

Nan-glad to hear that things went well with the dr. today.

18. Lisa

Lisa <font color=royalblue>OMG, I think I am going to p

:sad1::sad1::sad1: What a great thing for Grandma to say. :thumbsup2

SIOH, I can't wait to see pics of the little one at WDW!
    PN96, Christy,DiT, and Tinkryansmom, your kids had school today?:confused3
    Christy, you must post pictures of your Christmas swags
    Way to go, PrincessM on the no tv. :thumbsup2 I know I couldn't do that.
    Po3, I bet Bubba loved his day with you and going to ToysRUs. He definitely deserved that treat.
    Steph, do you think the Gypsy is worth it? Dblwright is contemplating getting one, she isn't sold yet.
    Deb, we just can't get away from Paper Mountain and Mount Washmore, can we?
    Rebecca, keep up the healthy eating and exercise. :banana:
    bigbabyblues, what part of "I am resigning" doesn't he get? :confused3 ;) Have you given him a final day?

My to do list:

No alarm :yay::yay::yay: Holly, wasn't that great not having to set the alarm this morning? :woohoo:
    Go to the bank
    Empty the dishwasher
    Appt at the house to interview help to work with DD.
    Grocery shopping
    DH to clean out car and take hitch off of it.
    Find title to the car
    Make four lasagna;s for the freezer. Make meatloaf for tomorrow nights dinner
    Chip, chip, chip away at Mount Washmore.
    Talk to Mom, make sure she arrive at the Cape safe and sound.
    Help DH split wood. Not to worry I didn't touch the stuff. I got to handle the wood splitter. :scared1:
    Get caught up on emails and little things around the house.
    Watch DWTS and Castle

19. PrincessNancy96

PrincessNancy96 Scrapbook Mom Moderator

Yup, we have school.... never fails...
    however, I'll send them today to have 3 days off next week.. 1 day off is a full day parent/teacher conferences... than Thurs/Friday are fall break! So we have a 5 day weekend!!!! :)

I only have one conference this year.. for DS9... I opted out of my middle schooler and 3 high schoolers.. 3 high schoolers because I check their grades daily and jump them when needed...same for my middle schooler besides the fact that his home room/algebra teacher is a waste of space!!! I'm on top of my kids daily about their grades... so I know how they did before they do since the teacher's post grades before returning them! :) My Middle Schooler is quite shocked when I can tell him what he got on his last algebra test before he knows!

20. party of 3

yes it was nice Lisa. but i still don't sleep in. i'm up and at it and the a** crack of dawn! i'd love to sleep in. it's about 10:00 that i want to nap!

yes i did love my day with bubba! we had a blast. we went to toysrus, wallymart, home, out to lunch, back to wallymart;), mike's, bj's.....the whole thing. i said to him that i loved our lunch today (which i really HATED! ICKY!!!) but i said i loved it and he said "why mumma?" to which i replied, "i had the best lunch date!;)" so dh comes home from work and he runs up to him and said "mumma and i had a date today with out YOU!!!!!" i so love my boyfriend. i wish i could have a lunch date with him everyday. :love:

back to the real world tomorrow! UGH!

21. party of 3

lisa- did mom make it ok?