The Daily Grind 1-4-2012

rlovew

DIS Veteran
Good Morning!
Things are getting back to a normal schedule around here although DH has a big project and will be taking off more days and be around the house a lot more in the coming month.

Today:
dinner- corn chowder
piano lesson
breakfast Bible study
Prayer group
Christmas down
Titles for Friday night pages
cut some of the letters for holiday swap- figure out which fonts I want to use
work on week 6 of online Bible study-

If anyone would like to be a part of my study(free except for buying the book - from anywhere you wish) let me know and we can have you enter the online classroom. It is going through the book: "The Good and Beautiful God" byJames Bryan Smith- we will be reading 1 chapter and answering the questions in an online forum each week along with then responding to each others answers.

Rebecca

Mornin'!!!

Well yesterday I download my baby book scrapbook from CM.. I just love it.. So, now I'm entering the data from the original book into this format.. I'm really liking it.
I hit the ground running today,my goal is to finish 20 pages today 15 digital & 5 traditional.

Today:
up
make bed
make lunches x 4
empty and reload dishwasher
kids up

sort laundry
sweep family room
warm cars
kids to school

nap (1 hour)
scan photos for digital book; pull extra photos for DD's life book
enter data while scanning (good thing I can use main PC & laptop)
finish 15 digital pages
continue :laundy:

finish 5 traditional pages
cut 5 CDS titles to complete pages missing titles
clean bathroom
bring pages up that need journaled
pick up DS11 from school
homework duty/snack

empty dishwasher
finish last of laundry
review social studies w/ DS11 for quiz and test
cut 5 more CDS titles
finish 2 premade pages from last swap that I sent on to my BFF
dinner
DS11 to soccer practice

journal above pages
make list for Thursday

Sounds like a long list but it's all do-able!!! Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

Good morning!

Up and ready to go to work, just need to warm up the car, it's COLD!

Work til 3 pm
Meeetings at 4 and 7
Home, Dinner?
Julia to finish letters for Holiday swap.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cassey

Morning!

I'm off today! My friend, her hubby and I are taking a class tonight in Philly. We are going to be learning how to make glass beads and glass figurines from glass rods and a torch...so excited!!

Today I have to:

Pack up returns for mailing

Bank

PO

Tan

Head up to Philly

Have a great day everyone!!

Sounds like great fun Debbie!!! I'm curious to hear how you like it!! Enjoy..becareful and remember not to touch the pretty glass beads, they're hot!!!!

This to do:

Freeze my butt off
Rant about the cold
Start my car 30 minutes early
Rant about the cold
Take kids to school
Rant about the thin denim of American Eagle jeans
freeze my butt off

change dinner plans to make something warm
get kids
Take DS10 to Dr appt for med check
laundry - that will warm up the house
rant about the cold
snuggle under my snuggie and be lazy
throw second layer of the down comforter on the bed
Snuggle in flannel pjs in the flannel sheets and dream of tropical breezes

Good morning!
Bamb if you cant rant about the cold, can I rant about the heat. I know this would be great for so many of you, however, its January and its 80degrees out! Thats just wrong!:eek:
Just working today!
Have a great day everyone!

It's downright COLD this morning. Right now my computer says it is 19 degrees!!!!! I live in Florida, it's not supposed to get this cold!!!!!!!!!

My day:
Get DS out the door to his first day of classes for this semester (he'll be moving back into the dorm this afternoon).
Take down the Christmas tree
Clean up kitchen
Laundry
Wait for FedEx to deliver DS's new phone

Work
Take down a bit more of Christmas (I'm off tomorrow so it will definitely all be coming down then)

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! Maybe Rita can send some of her warm weather east today. Not to bad here. We are close to freezing this morning and its is supposed to be in the mid 50s this afternoon.

I didn't get much accomplished yesterday, so I've got a lot of work to do today.

Get kids up and out for their first day back at school
Feed animals

LaundryUnload and reload dw
Water plants
Bible study
Clean bedroom
Scrap 6 pgs
Complete 5 groups for the holiday swap
Finish sorting printed 2011 pictures
Pick up kiddos
Go thru backpacks -- today's report card day
Homework duty
Have kids pick up their bedrooms and bathroom

Tidy the rest of the house
Kids to Youth Group
Dinner

get clothes, backpacks, etc together for tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Well my crop at Michaels is being moved to either next Wednesday or the 25th - I should find out later today- so now I have to decide if I just want to put together the pages I have gotten ready or pack them in the bag and move onto something else. I definately need to get my holiday swap done though.

Rebecca

I think this is post 9,999 :)

I'm working today. A little busy, but not a huge amount of work. I am going over to the MALL tonight to see if they have another sleep shirt for my girl. My sister bought her the cutest sleep pants, but she needs another shirt (the purple just doesn't match ;) ). I also wanted to look at Christmas Tree Shop for a glass or plastic container to put all my flowers into. I think I'll need two...Oh, and I wanted to check M's for more sock for $.40. Have them for Christmas next year or my sister suggested Valentine's Day gifts. Fun fun.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi all!

I just ran into this thread last night and pm'd Rebecca for some info. I think that this is perfect timing to start 2012!

I got my kiddos out the door this morning and then wanted to get caught up on computer work by 8 - 8:30. I was finally done by 11. Yikes!

I am looking to get together a better daily schedule and become better organized in 2012.

I am looking forward to chatting with you all!
Jill

Awww... thanks guys!

Day one on the quest. (Haven't thought of a good name for my quest yet:good vibes). The quest is to clear all of the clutter out of my life and live simply! I did start really getting rid of stuff this past year and it feels great!

Anywho..... I've decided to clear my email (3000 unread emails. Yikes!) I got on some lists and got overwhelmed. I really don't want to get a different address since I've had this one from the beginning. It the one all of my family and friends have, school, bank, and all kinds of important stuff. I do have a different account I use when I order things on line and such. I honestly don't know what happened to this account.

So I decided to clean up my email, unsubscribe to everything I possibly can and clean it all up. I have committed to clearing 100 a day. So far so good.

I also was a professional photographer for 20 years. After selling the business 5 years ago, I couldn't handle not taking pictures. So, I've kind of become the official photographer for all of my kids activities. I have a website for anyone that wants pics of their kids. Everyone is pretty happy with it. (I have noticed that nobody brings their own cameras anymore!:lmao:). But, with both kids playing a lot of sports, I have tons of pictures! I got behind this semester editing them, posting them and clearing off of my computer.

So I decided to go through one event a day, edit, backup to an external hard drive, post to website, pull any good pics of my kids for their scrapbooks, and then trash them from my computer. So far so good.

The only problem is, I wanted to be done by 8 to go on a run. I got a little carried away, did way more than I intended and finished up at 11. But it does feel good to get such a great start on it!

Whew, that was long!

So, day one on the quest. Computer work done!
TTFN,
Jill

Welcome Jill!! Congrats on getting that computer work done!!

Late West Coast check in here.

Little one is sick - so slow times today. I just saw her walk past the office door. She has been sleeping off/on since about 1. Best go see if I can get her to eat.

Today:
Chiro
Massage - headache was gone but is now back ARGH
coffee
truck to shop
rental car
bank
go drop money at barn for horseshoer
home
little one nap
PU'd bigger one
laundry
dishes
roast in crockpot
review DDs 4H books for meeting tonight
DH to bring home sprite - at least I can get her to drink
Meeting at 6
home for dinner
fold laundry

bought some new/different storage for craft room - might try to get those in and labeled. At DDs meeting I will meet with my co-leader for scrapbook and get up to date with our plans.

Everyone have a good evening.

Jill, I did the same thing with my emails about October of last year... If I didn't need it, I got rid of it...
I use one account for my personal stuff.. My first email address ever is related to my DIS stuff (it's nice to have it separate from things, can find issues faster if I need too). Then I have one email for ordering items...

Well, I need to hit the ground running tomorrow... I started getting a headache working on the digital pages this evening so I called it a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter