The cruise to end all cruises (Dream 5/14/15 Concierge)

update: apparently it's a stress fracture. I am on crutches. Hoping to at least be OFF crutches in 2 weeks. UGH

Hi. I hope you are starting to feel better and happy to hear at least you will be off the crutches shortly!

When you checked to see about the cabin openings, did you just input the cabin numbers manually like you were doing a new booking?
I'm sailing in September and this is what I do but want to make sure since I read that there is someone on my sailing who was able to get
a Cat V in March on the bump out but it must have been a day I wasn't checking since I booked well before March.

Thanks so much!

I just looked and there is one more Royal Suite left on Deck 12, 12502. SO, once this sells and if they don't need 12000, it is likely it will
then become available? Is that correct? If so, I will need to tell my boss that she cannot give me any more work and just constantly refresh my screen
all day each day until it opens LOL Also looked at the bump out and those are gone but I keep checking but there may be home for 12000.

I just looked and there is one more Royal Suite left on Deck 12, 12502. SO, once this sells and if they don't need 12000, it is likely it will
then become available? Is that correct? If so, I will need to tell my boss that she cannot give me any more work and just constantly refresh my screen
all day each day until it opens LOL Also looked at the bump out and those are gone but I keep checking but there may be home for 12000.
just a heads up, i have 2 girlfriends on here who are also monitoring for that upgrade LOL. it will be a race!

but yes, that's how i scored it. you cannot wait list for it. you just have to check relentlessly.

Hi. I hope you are starting to feel better and happy to hear at least you will be off the crutches shortly!

When you checked to see about the cabin openings, did you just input the cabin numbers manually like you were doing a new booking?
I'm sailing in September and this is what I do but want to make sure since I read that there is someone on my sailing who was able to get
a Cat V in March on the bump out but it must have been a day I wasn't checking since I booked well before March.

Thanks so much!
i just looked at a dummy booking for my sail date to see what rooms are available. when i saw it pop up, i called american airlines cruises and had them switch me, as we had booked through them.

Thanks. I do love where we are but its fun trying lol.

Thsnks.

just a heads up, i have 2 girlfriends on here who are also monitoring for that upgrade LOL. it will be a race!

but yes, that's how i scored it. you cannot wait list for it. you just have to check relentlessly.

If your looking for persitax that would still be good for me I think since she has a bump out I think. Is that right? If so, hopefully I could take her leftovers if she gets the very back of shiplol

Last edited:
12514 is my current room for this year but there's still a royal sitting there. I want 12000!

Im on the same sailing and in concierge too. You have always been helpful to me on the dis and one time ai told you that I call my dd-21 Sweet Pea. Im across from the concierge but dont remember the number since I have 12504 on my brain because it was open and I called DVC DCL and was on hold for an hour and it was gone. No biggie but will keep looking.

If you have a bump out maybe if you or peritax get 12000 Ill get your leftovers lol

Good luck to us all.

Cashe, if you find 12000 open and tell the ladies on here once they have if you think of it can you please let me know what cabin just opened and Ill call DVC DCL immediately.

Go us and good luck ladies on looking for your cabins.

Just want to say, no hard feelings either way. I'm already over the moon with 12508 (I'll be the dark-haired nervous looking chick with glasses with the lanky blond boyfriend), and either way I'm sure we'll all have a great time. And hopefully Cashe will too. :)

yes, i will let you know if i see a bump out become available!

update: i hate to jinx myself as the last time i updated, it got worse BUT things are looking up. I'm hoping the weather starts looking that way next week too cause right now it looks as if there is a TS, right @perditax?

yes, i will let you know if i see a bump out become available!

update: i hate to jinx myself as the last time i updated, it got worse BUT things are looking up. I'm hoping the weather starts looking that way next week too cause right now it looks as if there is a TS, right @perditax?

I'm such a Floridian that I never believe the storm is coming till about 24 hours out. :) That said ... When I was panicking about snow trapping me in NC for our WDW trip back in February, I spent time on the americanwx.com forums. It's meteorology professionals and amateurs and they use a lot of jargon, but you can usually get a sense from them if some place is about to get hammered. I only go there during snow season but Im sure they have just as much traffic for tropical weather. They usually are more accurate (in a general sense) than my local weather forecasters.

Just hope they are able to dock at Castaway Cay. Last time we went, the weather kept us from docking until nearly lunch time. Cookies was not available for food and we lost nearly half of the time on Castaway.

honestly, i am not even joking when i say that i NEVER look at the weather when we plan hawaii vacations. I never have weather anxiety and dropping the $$$$$$ for a 2 week hawaii trip is NEVER regretful experience b/c of it. I am so hoping and crossing my fingers that i don't regret doing this cruise.

Cashe:

You are going away THIS MONTH! I love when I can say that!

How do you workout without your foot in such terrible pain? It's great they will give you a yoga mat though.
Have never done the 5K on CC but thinking about it for September. I guess you won't be able to do for May but hope you are on the upswing soon!
Glad to hear things are looking up!

Thank you too about the bumpout if any become available while you are looking.
I realized that 12000 is a one bedroom and with just my mom and I in the room, I'm not switching to a one bedroom.
So ladies, Sweet Pee and perditax, you have one less person in the mix LOL
Perditax, I would LOVE your cabin too, why would you want to switch? Just for the one bedroom?
Yes, no hard feelings LOL I love where we are but it would have been nice to get the bump out or the cabin connecting to the Disney Suite.
Oh well!

This is like our own little cruise meet LOL

When you see me, I'm 5'6", about 115-120 (depending if it is the beginning end of my vacation LOL) with brown/blonde hair, sometimes both LOL
I have my dh and two kids 21 and 17 but sailing just with my mom (we usually vacation together in September).
Staying at Poly Villas and then GFVs prior to our cruise.
Maybe we will see each other in the hallways or getting a drink or three in concierge lounge? Was on the Dream over NYE this year and had a blast!
It was my family, my sister's family and my mom. We had a great time. We loved being together over NYE so booked RCCL for this year.

12504 WAS available yesterday. Was on hold over an hour and poof, gone. SOOO annoying.

Girls, DO NOT check the weather! It's too much stress and we can't change it but I know planners like us still do. I'm not listening to
my own advice, I check too but I end up obsessing about it, which I hate to do prior to a trip!

Have a great weekend! It is finally suppose to be sunny and warm here but I'm not believing it until I see it!

@js, it would admittedly be more room than we need for two of us, but the big bathtubs in the 1bdrms look so nice, plus being able to get full room service from MDRs. We're also going to be focusing on relaxing on this trip, so we are probably more interested in stateroom space than people who will be doing activities all day long. But I'm really fine either way. I started out with a deck 7 4c or something, so I'm already feeling pretty upgraded. :)

well, my dh got a call today that his mother had collapsed and unfortunately she died instantly. we think it was an aneurysm. i am just in shock. i dread telling my daughter. i feel horrible for my husband and that it's just a week shy of mothers day.

hug your loved ones. there was nothing that could have been done. she was literally here one second and got up to go to the kitchen and gone the next. life is so fragile.

well, my dh got a call today that his mother had collapsed and unfortunately she died instantly. we think it was an aneurysm. i am just in shock. i dread telling my daughter. i feel horrible for my husband and that it's just a week shy of mothers day.

hug your loved ones. there was nothing that could have been done. she was literally here one second and got up to go to the kitchen and gone the next. life is so fragile.

I'm so sorry. Thinking of you guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter