The Countdown to 2013 - Join me! List Started!

I'll know once the rates are posted.
I love planning my trip this far out, it gives me something to look forward!
I totally agree!

I had the most amazing 1st visit this past June and I cannot wait to go back in 2013. This time it'll only be four of us going vs. 10 who went on my first trip.
That will be much easier to plan! I would love to go with other family members sometime but it seems like it could be challenging.

I want to be included!:yay:

My DS wants to look at colleges within a 2hour radius from Disney. He wants to intern at the parks and then get a job at Disney once he graduates.

Of course we will be dropping in on the Mouse too in June. I know it seems far away, but the planning is just as fun! Not sure where to stay this time.

Welcome to everyone joining us! I will get the list updated soon. Haven't been around all weekend and now it is time to go to bed.

You can count me in! It has been since Sept 09 since our last trip, so I am itching to go back!!!

I was looking at April, but I didn't remember it being so much more than Feb or October. So now my plan in either Mardi Gras, which is in Feb 2013, or early October. I'll know once the rates are posted.

I just discovered the AOA resort and since my boys love Cars, that is probably where we will stay. I love planning my trip this far out, it gives me something to look forward!

Count me in for 2013 :yay:.

I'm not sure of my dates. Ideally, I would like to go between the middle of May and the 1st week of June. Depending upon pricing for 2013 I may end up going during value season, July or 1st of August unless we get a super, duper room only discount.

I had the most amazing 1st visit this past June and I cannot wait to go back in 2013. This time it'll only be four of us going vs. 10 who went on my first trip.

As for resorts, we'll definitely be staying on-site and preferably at a Deluxe. However, if my funds or the mother and daugther accompanying us funds are low I can definitely do a moderate or even a value.

I can't wait!!

I want to be included!:yay:

My DS wants to look at colleges within a 2hour radius from Disney. He wants to intern at the parks and then get a job at Disney once he graduates.

Of course we will be dropping in on the Mouse too in June. I know it seems far away, but the planning is just as fun! Not sure where to stay this time.

Got you all added! Just let me know when you know your dates and I will get you moved to that month.

Just think in a month and a half we will be able to say we are going to WDW next year :lmao: It seems so far away right now.

Best husband ever! Have decided on Nov.-Dec. 2012 since we had so much fun that same week in 2010. Will have to take myself off of this thread. Happy planning!

Has anyone started any planning yet?? I put together a list of the attractions I missed the last time I was there and am starting to make very basic spread sheets that will be switched a million times before 2013 gets here:rolleyes1

Has anyone started any planning yet?? I put together a list of the attractions I missed the last time I was there and am starting to make very basic spread sheets that will be switched a million times before 2013 gets here:rolleyes1

I have not got to attractions yet, but am compiling the ever important list of restaurants / meals/ snacks I want to try.

What are some of the attractions on your must do list Shine87?

And I have my budget list put together and then my comparisons for AoA, Pop 2 rooms, AsMu suites or Ft. W cabins...

I am compiling my lists:goodvibes. I am also thinking of what other poses I want for photopass. I saw people's photos on another thread and thought they were great shots and I need to do those next time. One of my friends got on the ground with Goofy and sat around him and I thought that was really neat.

I just cant wait til its time to go back!!!!:love:

So far, I have narrowed down the resorts to AKL or Contemporary if way stay deluxe, POFQ if we stay moderate, and POP if we stay value. I've also started compiling a list of restaurants i'd like to try and those i'd like to revisit.

This trip I plan to do the DDP so we'll be doing more TS than I did during my first visit. As for restaurants i'll be revisiting, Tusker House is a must for the Safari Breakfast. My daughter loved Tusker House for the characters and I thought the food selection was great and the price was just right for a character breakfast. As for a restaurant we'll be doing for the first time, Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. One we won't be doing again is Boma.

This trip I plan to do the DDP so we'll be doing more TS than I did during my first visit. As for restaurants i'll be revisiting, Tusker House is a must for the Safari Breakfast. My daughter loved Tusker House for the characters and I thought the food selection was great and the price was just right for a character breakfast. As for a restaurant we'll be doing for the first time, Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. One we won't be doing again is Boma.
We really liked TH but we have been there the last two times so we may skip it. If we stay at Ft.Wilderness we can take a boat to WL so WCC is on my list too. Thought it might be a fun place for DD to have a fun birthday dinner.

Anyone have a particularly fun restaurant they celebrated a birthday at?

Resort planning - either AOA, POP, POR or POFQ depending on discounts.

We have all our dining picked out already (of course subject to change a million times).

Im most excited for the new fantasy land!! But dd should be tall enough to do the 44inch rides by then so I'm looking forward to space mountain, mission space, and expedition everest, we also missed fantasmic last time so that's a must do next time.
I'm starting to look at restaurants. In 5 visits the only TS I've ever gone to is Chef Mickeys. I want to do maybe one or two more next trip, I don't want to do too many because I don't want to be tied down to too many ADR's so it's gonna be tough!

Im most excited for the new fantasy land!! But dd should be tall enough to do the 44inch rides by then so I'm looking forward to space mountain, mission space, and expedition everest, we also missed fantasmic last time so that's a must do next time.
I'm starting to look at restaurants. In 5 visits the only TS I've ever gone to is Chef Mickeys. I want to do maybe one or two more next trip, I don't want to do too many because I don't want to be tied down to too many ADR's so it's gonna be tough!

How old is your daughter? My daughter will be 3 on the 15th of December. By the time we get to Disney in 2013 she'll be 4 1/2 yrs. old. I'm sure she'll be 40inches by then, but i'm hoping for 44.

We're debating doing the dining plan, but i'm leaning more towards not doing it because I don't think it would save any money. My family (attending Disney in 2013 that is) only consists of my daughter and I. I'm thinking we'll end up sharing a lot of meals so the dining plan wouldn't be worth it. The only reason i'm even considering it is to know exactly how much the total trip will cost - souveniers, but I don't want to be tied down to so many TS especially with the new CC policy. On the other hand, doing the dining plan would afford me the opportunity to try restaurants that I wouldn't out of pocket. Who knows, it's still up in the air.

My current dilemma is trying to decide if I should book a room before discounts are released or should I wait. Mousesavers has a list of historical Disney discounts and when they were released and it seems that they could be released for the summer April through June as early as January 2013 or as late as April 2013. My BF really has never been to Disney, but has her heart set on staying at AKL. Unfortunately, without a discount it will be too expensive for our $1500 budget per person. Since we are both bringing our daughter we'd like to keep the trip (room, park hoppers, flight, and dining) at $3000 or less depending upon whether or not we get the dining plan. I know we'd save more with the room-only discount so if we do dining it will be out of pocket.

How soon will Disney release the 2013 room rates and/or package rates?

When will you all be booking your 2013 Disney vacation?

We're hoping for Feb 2013 for DS's (coming valentine's day 2012) birthday/first haircut! :)

Hoping to be back either February or May 2013!! We just got back 10 days ago and I can barely wait to book our next trip.

How old is your daughter? My daughter will be 3 on the 15th of December. By the time we get to Disney in 2013 she'll be 4 1/2 yrs. old. I'm sure she'll be 40inches by then, but i'm hoping for 44.

dd is 5 now, she was 4 on our last trip and 42 inch tall, I know she definitely will hit the 44 mark by then I can dream about 48 but it means she'll have to grow about 5 inches in a year and a half :laughing:

I won't be booking until I graduate and find a job which will hopefully happen right away in may! I plan on saving my first few paychecks to book the trip, even though it will be a year later, it will be my present to myself for getting my butt to go back to school and actually finishing! By then the rates should be up and I can decide where to stay for sure:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter