The Countdown to 2013 - Join me! List Started!

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by Mrs Grumpy, Sep 18, 2011.

1. dreamcatcherkwe

dreamcatcherkwe Mouseketeer

We're going in November 2013 probably. So excited to be reading the Disney Boards again! We're thinking about staying at the Grand Floridian this time instead of the Polynesian just to try something new. I wish we were going this year but we'll be able to have a more extravagant trip if we wait a year. :snail:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. artemis908

artemis908 EPCOTnaut

February 2-10 staying at Boardwalk Inn, can't wait!!! :cloud9:

4. Catkar

Catkar Earning My Ears

You will love Disney in December!! We have gone in December the last 2 years and again next year because my hubby is a teacher, but I would go then anyway because it is just so beautifully decorated!! Oh and I sure hope they offer free dining too!! :)

5. Mariep26

Mariep26 DIS Veteran

I am new to this thread. We did our first trip in March of this year and headed back in December (bringing my mom along). 2013 looks like this so far:
    March 2013 - POR or ASMu (we will have my stepson with us so we need space for 5).
    August 2013 - AS Sports (celebrating DS's 5th bday!)

I am thinking my mom will want to return in December of 2013 but I bet that conversation will take place on the plane ride home in December!
    Excited to be here!!

6. GreenCntryGirl

GreenCntryGirl The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Pop Century 05.18.13 thru 05.25.13

7. Dismom55

Dismom55 DIS Veteran

I am just getting so frustrated for pkgs to be released, I have waited until August in years past, but this year I am so much more impatient. I guess it is them raising the ticket prices that have me hoping for information.:confused3

8. FreeMoney

FreeMoney Earning My Ears

Ok printed it out.

9. cmdg

cmdg Mouseketeer

We are booked in a deluxe room at WL July 21-28! It will be our son's first trip and we're beyond excited... now we just have to remind ourselves to enjoy the moments in the present instead of always looking forward to 387 days from now!

10. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

We don't have our exact dates yet, but it usually falls a day or two after school lets out at the end of May.

Can't wait to start planning.............and this trip I plan on using the Dining Plan!!

11. Mrs Grumpy

Mrs Grumpy Always Planning!

List updated - let me know if I don't have something entered correctly.

Well here we are at another weekend wondering if packages will be released tomorrow. I am saying they won't be. I think they are going back to the August release time. Why they did it early last year and not this year I don't know. So I will sit here longer with my $200 deposit just waiting. :rolleyes1

12. Snoopygirl

Snoopygirl DIS Veteran

I got to book SSR this week!!!! Woo-hoo!

So far I booked 5/26 - 5/31 :cool1:

We just told our DD's last nite and they are BEYOND excited. The youngest was like...."but mom, that's so far away"....LOL! I told her I'd make a countdown & it will just fly by. That's what I'm hoping anyway :thumbsup2

13. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

Count me in for Sept 14-22nd Off-Site Windsor Hills (Unless free meal plan comes up)

I'm 42 and married to DH46 for 15 years. We have 4 kids. When we go they will be DS15, DD13, DD11 and DS8.

We have never been to WDW. But we are big time DL fans. DH and I grew up in CA.

Really enjoying obsessing about all things Disney with my new found friends in the DISboards!

14. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

You are going to LOVE WDW!!!! And since you have never been, the planning stage will make the time fly by.

15. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Well, another Sunday has come and gone and still no 2013 package prices released. :guilty:

16. disneydiva16

disneydiva16 DIS Veteran

Sigh....I know right!

17. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

OMG!!! DH just suggested we incorporate a trip to DCA into our usual family vacation out west in December!! The kids have been begging to go since Cars Land commercials started on The Disney Channel. We got to get a super exclusive look at some of the pieces of the attraction being built when we went to DL back in 2011. A relative of mine was on one of the design teams.

The kids would flip! Especially if it means two Disney trips in one 12 month period! How spoiled would that be.

18. Mrs Grumpy

That is great! We have also made the decision to go to DL but this will be our first trip out there! We are planning on going in May 2014 so we will be at both parks also in 12 months. I don't know anything about DL though so I have a lot of learning to do.

19. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

Excited for you! You will get to see where it all started. :)

First bit of advise, So CA Citypass is only about $20 more than a 3-day park hopper and also includes sea world and universal. At DL 3 days is probably ample unless you are a super laid back slow Disney visitor. ;)

If money is no object, stay at the Lodge in DCA. Otherwise I'd just stay offsite. Much easier to stay offsite at DL than WDW. Some place are walking distance.

Have fun planning. :)

BTW I didn't notice, did I make it to the list?

Thanks for starting this thread way back when.

20. Mrs Grumpy

If you are not on the list yet but posted above your dates I will get you added soon. I am posting from my phone now so it isn't that easy. I promise I will get you added.

I think we are going to do 5 days at DL. This will probably be our only trip out there. We have been to San Diego before and want to go back there in a couple of years.

21. shine87

shine87 Mouseketeer

The Disney site now says packages will be out July 11th!! Very exciting for everyone! Unfortunately I wont be able to book until September but atleast now I can start playing with pricing