The Countdown to 2013 - Join me! List Started!

I am suffering from traitor turmoil. We have stayed as a family at the Poly the past 4 visits due to a 40% discount. We LOVE the Poly. Well, let's face it. Money and jobs are a factor right now.

I am looking to stay offsight next June at Windsor Hills Resort in a condo or villa. We are doing college touring for my son next summer and will end in Orlando, of course.

The kids and I want to stay on property. It is killing me. I feel like I am a traitor. I know it sounds crazy. DH wants to save more money and stay offsite. This way we can stay longer. I like that part. :thumbsup2 Windsor Hills looks wonderful, but it is NOT Disney.

I would stay for a little over a week in a 3 bed condo vs half the time in a mod. Yes, I would love to splurge and spend one night at the Poly.:cloud9:

I am sorry for rambling, but I need some helpful thoughts.

PS - There is a chance my DH may not be able to go, but I would not know that until next February. :confused3 AHHHHH!

I'll be going May 28th- June 5th. 1st part at Royal Pacific Resort then switching over to Disney at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Can't wait. Haven't been to Disney since 1999 at Dixie Landings which is now Port Orleans Riverside. Such a long time and so many changes.

Hey Just a thought for all of us 2013 planners. As you may already know Photopass is going up in price March 21, 2012 :scared1:
I emailed Disney and here is their response, I think I may prepurchase for our July 2013 trip ;)

Thank you for your question about our Pre-Purchase CD product for your vacation in July, 2013.

After placing the order for your Pre-Purchase Package, you will see credits added to your shopping cart for your Disney's PhotoCD. These credits do not expire, and will remain in your cart until you complete your transaction. When you have returned from your vacation and completed all photo edits and completed and saved your PhotoBook, simply add each specified item to your shopping cart. The credits will automatically deduct the cost of each item. You will be asked to input credit card information to cover shipping charges.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team

Hey Just a thought for all of us 2013 planners. As you may already know Photopass is going up in price March 21, 2012 :scared1:
I emailed Disney and here is their response, I think I may prepurchase for our July 2013 trip ;)

Thank you for your question about our Pre-Purchase CD product for your vacation in July, 2013.

After placing the order for your Pre-Purchase Package, you will see credits added to your shopping cart for your Disney's PhotoCD. These credits do not expire, and will remain in your cart until you complete your transaction. When you have returned from your vacation and completed all photo edits and completed and saved your PhotoBook, simply add each specified item to your shopping cart. The credits will automatically deduct the cost of each item. You will be asked to input credit card information to cover shipping charges.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I haven't read all the posts regarding this. Did someone find out that the pre-order price of $99.00 is going away also?

I finally found my people...lol. Planning our first family vacation to WDW!!! :woohoo: Looking at March 7th - March 16th. Hoping for FD PLEASE :worship:
Never stayed onsite so battling with the Values and Moderates. I would love to stay at POR, but is it worth it?? Ahhh, the decisions will drive me crazy :rotfl:

I am suffering from traitor turmoil. We have stayed as a family at the Poly the past 4 visits due to a 40% discount. We LOVE the Poly. Well, let's face it. Money and jobs are a factor right now.

I am looking to stay offsight next June at Windsor Hills Resort in a condo or villa. We are doing college touring for my son next summer and will end in Orlando, of course.

The kids and I want to stay on property. It is killing me. I feel like I am a traitor. I know it sounds crazy. DH wants to save more money and stay offsite. This way we can stay longer. I like that part. :thumbsup2 Windsor Hills looks wonderful, but it is NOT Disney.

I would stay for a little over a week in a 3 bed condo vs half the time in a mod. Yes, I would love to splurge and spend one night at the Poly.:cloud9:

PS - There is a chance my DH may not be able to go, but I would not know that until next February. :confused3 AHHHHH!
After two on site trips, we tried off site last time. We will be staying on site again next time. We like using the disney transportation, use EMH and just the fun disney feeling. We did decide though if we can ever swing a 2 week vaca we would stay at WH for a week and on site for a week, since we did like WH, it was very close :thumbsup2 I am also glad we tried it because it was something I had always consdered.

I think it is worth trying, especially if you end your trip with a night at the poly (my dream resort - would love to go there sometime)

I haven't read all the posts regarding this. Did someone find out that the pre-order price of $99.00 is going away also?

I read on another thread about the increase that the prepurchase will probably go up to $129.95 :sad2:

I want to book!!
I want to have solid plans!

I want to BE THERE!!!!!!!

Sorry, Just had to get that out of my system :)

I want to book!!

Same here!!!!! It is driving me crazy. Once the trip is booked it will feel real then. I sure hope they release packages in June again this year.

Hello friends! My family and I are planning on going the end of May 2013! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :cool1: So happy to be here to countdown together! :goodvibes

Hello friends! My family and I are planning on going the end of May 2013! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :cool1: So happy to be here to countdown together! :goodvibes

Welcome! Got you added to our list.

We need to come up with stuff to help pass the time. Maybe we could all start posting pictures or something from past trips.

Well, we still have a year and a half but I've changed our resort AGAIN and already made our ADR schedule! :laughing:

Same dates but we're doing a split stay...
10/7 - 10/11 at AKV
10/11 - 10/18 at BWV

:banana::banana::banana:

It's not rambling! The decision to stay on site vs off site is a big one. We stayed off site once and I would personally never do it again unless it was free. The hotel was just fine but there is no Disney Transportation and no EMH. The money we saved in the hotel cost we ended spending on cab fare (or would have spent on a rental had we chosen that route). Maybe if you get a PIN code you could swing at least a Value? The Poly is my dream resort too... I hope to stay there some day but it's just so dang expensive I can't justify spending that kind of money on it! Good luck with your decision! Either way, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

I'll be going May 28th- June 5th. 1st part at Royal Pacific Resort then switching over to Disney at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Can't wait. Haven't been to Disney since 1999 at Dixie Landings which is now Port Orleans Riverside. Such a long time and so many changes.

The first time I ever went to Disney was 2004 and so much has changed since THEN so you are going to be totally blown away by how much has changed since 1999! POFQ is beautiful...it's one of my favorite resorts! You'll love it! :lovestruc

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I bought one for our upcoming 2012 trip the other day when I saw that the prices were going up...I had considered buying one for our 2013 trip and didn't and now, 3 days later, I regret it! :sad2: At least I got the cheap price for one of them...

I finally found my people...lol. Planning our first family vacation to WDW!!! :woohoo: Looking at March 7th - March 16th. Hoping for FD PLEASE :worship:
Never stayed onsite so battling with the Values and Moderates. I would love to stay at POR, but is it worth it?? Ahhh, the decisions will drive me crazy :rotfl:

Oh yes, you have come to the right place! Welcome to The DIS! :goodvibes

The Moderates, IMO, are DEFINITELY worth it. They're a bit quieter, have TS restaurants, and a more "adult" feel. However, that is not to say the Values don't have their own positives. They're clean, cheap, have great themes, and great pools. The downside is that they can be really crowded depending on when you go. Since you're looking at the end of March, you will probably be OK, crowd wise. I wouldn't hesitate to book a value for that time period. Pop Century has it's own bus, but it seems to be the most popular Value. The All Stars share a bus so they're often crowded just because you have people from 3 different resorts all getting on the same bus. And with the Art of Animation resort opening up soon, that may help to alleviate some of the crowds at the All Stars and Pop.

I want to book!!

ME TOO!!! :hyper:

We need to come up with stuff to help pass the time. Maybe we could all start posting pictures or something from past trips.

That would be awesome! We totally should! Since it's your thread, you go first! :goodvibes

OK to help pass time lets start posting pictures. First round how about we post pictues of ourselves/families at Disney! I will start.

DIS-1.jpg

This is from August "2011" seems like its been longer than 7 months since we were there ;) Ready to go back!!!!
disney2011.jpg

014-1.jpg

The girls and I in 2011 (seriously - how do I make this smaller but not tiny?)

034.jpg

Dh and the kids at TH.

But seriously - one of the many reasons I want photopass next time - a picture of all of us together would be nice for a change... :rolleyes:

Love all the pictures! Keep them coming! We have a long ways to go until our trips and this will help pass the time. I need to get my photopass CD out from our latest trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!