The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max: Max nodded her thanks. She muttered, but loud enough for them to hear, "Now if it was my dearest father he were insulting, I'd probably have joined them. But my mother was good to me........while she was alive anyway."

Daniel: Daniel blinked in shock as this registered, but then he handed her the soaking towel.

Max: Max nodded at him and wiped down all of her visible skin. The towel was tinged red when she was done, but they could see the cuts had all stopped bleeding and were actually minor for the most part, and there weren't too many bruises.

Toby: Toby stepped back from the chair giving Max space. His eyes widened, when Max talked about her mother. He quickly resumed his composure.

River: River did not react to what Max had said since she already knew about Max's mother, and about the bad way in Max's father treated her. She quickly realized that maybe she should have had a reaction so to not look suspicious, but it was too late.

OOC: I meant to ask you this yesterday, but did you see the new sign up from when you were gone?

Toby: Toby stepped back from the chair giving Max space. His eyes widened, when Max talked about her mother. He quickly resumed his composure.

River: River did not react to what Max had said since she already knew about Max's mother, and about the bad way in Max's father treated her. She quickly realized that maybe she should have had a reaction so to not look suspicious, but it was too late.

OOC: I meant to ask you this yesterday, but did you see the new sign up from when you were gone?

OOC: There was a new sign up?

Well, guess that answers your question.

I have a post written up for the beach day, do you want to skip to that?

Max: "Thanks guys," she said. "Sorry for scaring you all, tried to be low-key though." Max got up and walked over to the cookie jar. She put her hand in and pulled out four or five cookies out of the jar. "Starving," she murmured before starting to eat.

Daniel: Daniel blinked. This was very, very strange. Daniel began thinking. There was no mother in the picture, and from what he could guess about Max's father from the telephone call...........and then Max's aloofness and general defensiveness......her mention of mutiple previous boarding schools..........and her tendency to be prone to violence that was shown here today.............Daniel was beginning to understand that Maxine didn't have the best life. In fact, the picture he was getting in his mind wasn't good at all. He paused, then glanced at Max and asked, "You've had a tough life haven't you?"

Max: Max shrugged. It should be pretty apparent, so there was no point in hiding it. "What gave it away?"

OOC: There was a new sign up?

Well, guess that answers your question?

I have a post written up for the beach day, do you want to skip to that?

Max: "Thanks guys," she said. "Sorry for scaring you all, tried to be low-key though." Max got up and walked over to the cookie jar. She put her hand in and pulled out four or five cookies out of the jar. "Starving," she murmured before starting to eat.

Daniel: Daniel blinked. This was very, very strange. Daniel began thinking. There was no mother in the picture, and from what he could guess about Max's father from the telephone call...........and then Max's aloofness and general defensiveness......her mention of mutiple previous boarding schools..........and her tendency to be prone to violence that was shown here today.............Daniel was beginning to understand that Maxine didn't have the best life. In fact, the picture he was getting in his mind wasn't good at all. He paused, then glanced at Max and asked, "You've had a tough life haven't you?"

Max: Max shrugged. It should be pretty apparent, so there was no point in hiding it. "What gave it away?"

OOC: yes there was, I think it was silvermist20. It is on the sign-up thread. We didn't respond, we figured we would wait until you got back.

We could skip to beach day, or do you want Daniel to find out about Max's punishment first?

River: River smiled at Max glad she seemed to be feeling better. She looked up at Daniel as he asked his question with mixed emotions. She knew he didn't know the details about Max yet, but she wasn't sure if she would be able to keep it a secret from him if he seemed to be finding out on his own. What if he asked her? She didn't know if she would be able to lie to him.

OOC: yes there was, I think it was silvermist20. It is on the sign-up thread. We didn't respond, we figured we would wait until you got back.

We could skip to beach day, or do you want Daniel to find out about Max's punishment first?

River: River smiled at Max glad she seemed to be feeling better. She looked up at Daniel as he asked his question with mixed emotions. She knew he didn't know the details about Max yet, but she wasn't sure if she would be able to keep it a secret from him if he seemed to be finding out on his own. What if he asked her? She didn't know if she would be able to lie to him.

OOC: Hmm, I'm not sure. It depends. See, on Parent's Night, her father announces he's going back into action, so I was going to have Toby find out when Max hurts herself in guilt after everybody was gone. You know, to catch her in the act, maybe even before River got there. But, I still haven't gotten anything done for Daniel.I could have him find out same tme Toby does. Or, I could just have it out at the table right here, and Daniel and Toby would both be within earshot.

Opinion?

Daniel: Daniel sat as he digested this, oblivious to River's glance.

Max: Max shrugged. It would be better to give in a little and make Daniel think that was everything she was holding back than to say nothing and reveal she had secrets. "Well, what can I say? Mom died when I was four, I couldn't deal with Dad's strict army rules he came up with after she died, so I was shipped off to boarding school. I developed a habit of behaving badly, and everytime I get kicked out because of it, Dad just finds a new school. It's not that complicated."

OOC: either way is fine with me, I like the idea of Toby catching Max in the act, this would happen after parents night right? Maybe Toby would find out and want to tell people, thinking he would be helping and in order to stop him from doing that River could confide in Daniel. I don't really know though.

River: River breathed a quiet sigh of relief at Max's response. More than likely the subject would be dropped for a while now.

Toby: Toby walked over and stood close to the others. Sometimes he felt bad. He complained about his parents, and yet his life was no where near what Max had been through.

OOC: either way is fine with me, I like the idea of Toby catching Max in the act, this would happen after parents night right? Maybe Toby would find out and want to tell people, thinking he would be helping and in order to stop him from doing that River could confide in Daniel. I don't really know though.

River: River breathed a quiet sigh of relief at Max's response. More than likely the subject would be dropped for a while now.

Toby: Toby walked over and stood close to the others. Sometimes he felt bad. He complained about his parents, and yet his life was no where near what Max had been through.

OOC: Yes. That sounds really cool actually.

Daniel: Daniel nodded a little. He didn't suspect anything. "That sucks, huh?"

Max: Max shrugged. "That's how it is sometimes. Some people get to be the rich pampered kid with the sweet car. And then some people get lives like mine."

OOC: Yes. That sounds really cool actually.

Daniel: Daniel nodded a little. He didn't suspect anything. "That sucks, huh?"

Max: Max shrugged. "That's how it is sometimes. Some people get to be the rich pampered kid with the sweet car. And then some people get lives like mine."

OOC: why thank you, wanna skip to parents/beach day then?

River: River smiled, and shrugged "yeah, everyone's life is just different. But it's your life, and that's just how it is."

Toby: Toby couldn't help feeling like Max may have been talking about him, he wasn't rich, but his parents were. he didn't own the nicest car, but he did own a car, which was more than most kids his age. He was suddenly extremely self conscious of his name brand polo and his designer watch.

OOC: why thank you, wanna skip to parents/beach day then?

River: River smiled, and shrugged "yeah, everyone's life is just different. But it's your life, and that's just how it is."

Toby: Toby couldn't help feeling like Max may have been talking about him, he wasn't rich, but his parents were. he didn't own the nicest car, but he did own a car, which was more than most kids his age. He was suddenly extremely self conscious of his name brand polo and his designer watch.

Max: Max glanced at Toby, and realized she must have made him feel guilty from his face. "Oh jeez, is that actually your life? Sorry, no offense intended."

Max: Max glanced at Toby, and realized she must have made him feel guilty from his face. "Oh jeez, is that actually your life? Sorry, no offense intended."

Toby: Toby looked at Max in surprise, he was hoping no one would notice his reaction. "umm...well...kinda" he said, even though he probably was, he hated admitting that he was a rich pampered kid. He shook his head quickly "nah, it's okay, don't feel bad" he said looking down and hoping the attention would soon be drawn away from him.

Toby: Toby looked at Max in surprise, he was hoping no one would notice his reaction. "umm...well...kinda" he said, even though he probably was, he hated admitting that he was a rich pampered kid. He shook his head quickly "nah, it's okay, don't feel bad" he said looking down and hoping the attention would soon be drawn away from him.

Max: "Well, I'm off to bed, though there ain't no rest for the wicked." Max got up from the table.

OOC: Next post will be beach day

Max: "Well, I'm off to bed, though there ain't no rest for the wicked." Max got up from the table.

OOC: Next post will be beach day

River: River followed Max, "goodnight everyone" she said walking away. Then she paused, turned back and said "goodnight Daniel" looking at him and blushing.

OOC: okay, beach day now :)

Over the next two weeks the students settled into school, adjusted to their classes, and slowly got used to each other and the professor's mind announcements. The day after the students went to the city, Professor Collins hired a photographer, who ended up being a former studen, to take school photos of each individual and the class as a whole. Professor Collins revealed that picture costs had been included in the tuitiion, and a picture package would be sent to their homes as well as to the students. The day before Parent Night, the students' pictures and IDs came in and were distributed, with various levels of enthusiasm or dissappointment. It was hard to tell whether the year would be good or bad, there were too many variables, but almost everyone seemed to be just glad no one had gotten killed in Power and Combat class.

As the sun peeked out of the horizon the morning of Parent Night, Professor Collins decided not to hold class. There would be pressure on everyone, and maybe it was lazy, but the professor wasn't keen on holding class if only a few students were going to pay attention. Besides, they deserved a day of fun, even though the professor was completing plans that would be amazing fun for her students. The professor let her students sleep in, then at nine she thought, "Rise and shine boys and girls! Tonight we'll be having our Parent's Night, but today is going to be great! I've decided to cancel classes for today. Instead, we're going to go down to the beach as a class and have a Beach Day while the water is still nice. No uniforms, though I would suggest swimwear, and yes you still have to wear footwear, whether it's sandals, flip flops or whatever. At five we'll go back to the manor to clean up the house and smarten up for Parents' Night which begins at 6:30. Youn only have to clean your dorm if you or your roommate plans on showing it to family. I think that's about it. Oh, and girls? Nothing too showy, if you know what I mean. See you at breakfast!"

OOC: There! That should give you something to work with! I didn't put in anything too personal, so you can decide how your character was over the past few weeks

Max: Max was already up when the announcement came on. In fact, she was sitting at one of the two chairs at the small table in their room, reading a book. It was her third. Max had woken up at 1:30 in the morning after a long series of nightmares that had Max paralyzed with fear, and sweating buckets. Max knew it was entirely psychological. Her mind was targeting itself because she was weak and afraid. But Max attempted to comfort herself with the knowledge that she had the right to be. Yesterday, Max had received her first piece of mail. It was a creamy white kneelength dress with an army green sash. Today her father would be here, in his officer's army green suit. This was very serious. Max pulled out her swimsuit. It was an orange racing suit from last school's swi team. She put it on, and then her matching coverup, which was a cross between a sundress and a jacket. Her last name, Patterson, and her number, 25, was on the back of her cover up. A beach day, huh? At least she didn't have class on the last day of her life.

One of the things that happened over the break was that two new students joined the school, Serefima Kasai and Marcilene Mariwether. They were brought in and were acceprted by most of the students. They too began to settle in.

Max: Max was already up when the announcement came on. In fact, she was sitting at one of the two chairs at the small table in their room, reading a book. It was her third. Max had woken up at 1:30 in the morning after a long series of nightmares that had Max paralyzed with fear, and sweating buckets. Max knew it was entirely psychological. Her mind was targeting itself because she was weak and afraid. But Max attempted to comfort herself with the knowledge that she had the right to be. Yesterday, Max had received her first piece of mail. It was a creamy white kneelength dress with an army green sash. Today her father would be here, in his officer's army green suit. This was very serious. Max pulled out her swimsuit. It was an orange racing suit from last school's swi team. She put it on, and then her matching coverup, which was a cross between a sundress and a jacket. Her last name, Patterson, and her number, 25, was on the back of her cover up. A beach day, huh? At least she didn't have class on the last day of her life.

River: River awoke with the announcement surprised to see Max already up, and appearing to have been that way for a while. She sat up stretched and gather her hair into a ponytail with her hands and pulled all of it over her left shoulder. "good morning Max" she said tired. She was not a morning person. River was glad to not have classes, she wanted to have time to spend with everyone but especially Daniel. She wasn't sure whether or not her grandmother would make it to parents day tonight, for herself she hoped she could, she missed her. But it was rare for her grandma to leave the house, and River didn't want her to do harm to herself or make herself more sick by coming to visit, also River wasn't sure how she would tell her grandma that she knew all about her parents but she knew she would have to, and she wanted to do it in person.

Daniel: Daniel woke up and listened to Professor Collins' announcement. Yes, no school and a day at the beach! A day to do whatever he wanted, a day to spend with River...and the rest of his classmates too of course. Suddenly he fell back on his bed again. Oh gosh! How was he going to tell his mother he had a (totally gorgeous) girlfriend? And how would Dad react? Although, that he might not have to worry about. Mom had said he may come, but Daniel had a sinking feeling his father wasn't going to make it again. Daniel was glad his brothers weren't going to be there. He really hoped they wouldn't show. It would make things awkward. And if Peeter and James knew about River... oh gosh. Daniel got out of bed, wondering if he had even brought his swim trunks. He must have, he barely unpacked at all when he got to Madrid. He smiled as he found them. They were black, with flames going up them. Daniel also threw on a white v-neck and pulled out his beach towel. He slipped his feet into sandals. He hoped his brothers had not seen his school pictures. He thought he looked good, but Peter and James would make fun of him for sure. Oh gosh, he was so in love wth River. He wondered what she was doing, if she was thinking of him too.

River: River awoke with the announcement surprised to see Max already up, and appearing to have been that way for a while. She sat up stretched and gather her hair into a ponytail with her hands and pulled all of it over her left shoulder. "good morning Max" she said tired. She was not a morning person. River was glad to not have classes, she wanted to have time to spend with everyone but especially Daniel. She wasn't sure whether or not her grandmother would make it to parents day tonight, for herself she hoped she could, she missed her. But it was rare for her grandma to leave the house, and River didn't want her to do harm to herself or make herself more sick by coming to visit, also River wasn't sure how she would tell her grandma that she knew all about her parents but she knew she would have to, and she wanted to do it in person.

Max: Max looked up. "Morning River. How are you?"

Max: Max looked up. "Morning River. How are you?"

River: "tired" River answered shortly, then se stood and laughed a little, "no I'm good, what about you?" she got her swimming suit out of her suitcase and changed, it was dark blue with a straight cut top, and a small skirt for the bottom. She pulled a white cover up dress over her head and looked at herself in the mirror. She had beer in her life felt pretty, but Daniel thought she was beautiful, and it made her more confident. She thought of Daniel, and wondered if she would tell her grandma about him, she was sure she would. She pulled her hair into a loose side braid and fastened it at the end and sat down pulling on her thin black flip flops.

Toby: Toby woke up and practically jumped out of bed when he found out they didn't have class today. He wasn't looking forward to parents night, not because he didn't want to see his parents but because he did want to see his sister. He knew inside that she wouldn't show, but he wasn't looking forward to having that confirmed. He got his swimming suit which was bright green and black. And pulled on a sleeveless black shirt and black slide on sandals, he looked in the mirror, and quickly threw a little gel in his hair, he was starting to care less, he didn't feel like he needed to impress the people at this school, they liked him for him, but he wasn't going to change completely in 2 weeks.

River: "tired" River answered shortly, then se stood and laughed a little, "no I'm good, what about you?" she got her swimming suit out of her suitcase and changed, it was dark blue with a straight cut top, and a small skirt for the bottom. She pulled a white cover up dress over her head and looked at herself in the mirror. She had beer in her life felt pretty, but Daniel thought she was beautiful, and it made her more confident. She thought of Daniel, and wondered if she would tell her grandma about him, she was sure she would. She pulled her hair into a loose side braid and fastened it at the end and sat down pulling on her thin black flip flops.

Toby: Toby woke up and practically jumped out of bed when he found out they didn't have class today. He wasn't looking forward to parents night, not because he didn't want to see his parents but because he did want to see his sister. He knew inside that she wouldn't show, but he wasn't looking forward to having that confirmed. He got his swimming suit which was bright green and black. And pulled on a sleeveless black shirt and black slide on sandals, he looked in the mirror, and quickly threw a little gel in his hair, he was starting to care less, he didn't feel like he needed to impress the people at this school, they liked him for him, but he wasn't going to change completely in 2 weeks.

Max: Max shrugged. "Eh, I'm okay." She didn't particularly want to mention her rough night, or her worries for tonight's rough night.

Daniel: Daniel took one more look at himself, and made sure he wasn't looking like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter