The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they were opposed for the 2nd CP was because they did not want me to miss any more school (since it would be my 2nd CP). But I was able to convince them to let me apply.

scasta86 said:
I thought that once you accepted the offer you were supposed to put in a phone number from your school's faculty contact?? That was my understanding as I also don't plan to speak to an advisor until I hear back from Disney.

I haven't accepted an offer yet and it's why I haven't talked to anyone at my school yet. I go to a community college and I'm pretty much just using them for the student status. When I come back I should be at my new home of a CSU and getting my BA. I went in over a year ago to just inquire about the program and they flat out told me I was stupid for doing it. So needless to say I'm not looking forward to making arrangements. Needless to say though I have to earn some kind of credit while there or else I will be dropped by my insurance. It's a double edge sword for me!

OMG!!! I got it!!! QSFB...too excited to type more!!!
Gonna go read over everything now!

Well I got the dreaded e-mail that I didn't want to get. I was not selected as a character performer but I am being invited to do something else in the program. My letter should be coming soon. I'm just so bummed out now. I would have loved to at least make the character pool. I wish I knew what I need to change to get it. I just hooe it wasn't the fact that it was the last stop on the auditions tour or my height. I hope there's another chance to try again when I get down there. I hope I get a high spiel role now. I promised myself I wouldn't cry over this also. I just hope I can keep that at least. I feel like I disappointed myself. I am getting offered another role though so I know I'm going at least.

I have 2 questions.

1. Do I need to have a faculty member sign a form for permission? Or, do they have to sign anything at all?

2. Does anybody have any facts on the number of those who apply and who DON'T get it. Like, how many do they take out of how many that apply? Just curious.

THANKS!

I don't know anything about the acceptance rates, but you don't need anything signed to do the CP. All you need is a contact from your school, who can verify your status as a student and whatnot. All they require for that is a name/phone number.

I haven't done a thing from a school stand point. I have no idea who I'm going to list other than the registar is that is OK with them. I don't have a good teacher there that I would trust enough.

I posted this a couple of weeks ago, Since I will be doing the program in spring as my internship for school, My advisor the director of my department at school saids I want to do this as my internship I need a signature from whoever I will be working under there. I emailed my college recruiter a couple times and he said he will see what he can do but haven’t heard anything from him since a week and a half ago. Since I need this by December 15 I was wondering who else I could get in contact with. Thank you in advance

If technically I'm going to be graduating while I am on CP then I'm a little confused on who I should have as my contact back at my school. I'm thinking more and more about applying for grad while on CP. I should complete the last of my classes for my AA degree next month. Because when I get back I should be on to university getting my BA. All this school aspect seems so complicated. When the packet finally gets here does it have things to help us organize that whole aspect of it?

hey there everyone. one of my other questions here referred to getting friends in for free. how does this work?

thanks

You have to go in with your friends, and then they are given a ticket for the rest of the day.

so then that means that they can get a fastpass and i can't? or since i have an annual pass i can get them in by showing my ID and also use my annual pass to get into the park?

also a question about food. for our breaks during the day, is there free food from the cafe? or do we have to buy it? is there even a cafe?

The ticket they are given gets them admission to any of the parks that day, along with fastpasses. You use your disney ID for fastpasses.

teh fish said:
The ticket they are given gets them admission to any of the parks that day, along with fastpasses. You use your disney ID for fastpasses.

thats awsome.... so my ID works just like a park ticket except it doens't look like one?

that's correct. Keep in mind, if you called in that day and use your ID in any way (admission, fastpasses, discounts), they'll know and you can be reprimanded or terminated.

yay I was so worried about not having fastpasses! I don't know how I lived without them. I also heard that people get each other ahead in lines anyway. I would think Disney frowns on that though.

But a question for alums or anyone else. Who did you list as a faculty contact? I think I'm just going to list my counciler. Just haven't seen her in a bit. I can change it though if need be? :confused3

Also about rooms/bathrooms. In chatham does every bedroom have a bathroom? Or Is there just one in the 2 bedroom apartments for 4 people?

People sometimes let their friends skip the lines. Keep in mind that this is against company policy. I had a guy come through with a stack of re-entry passes he got from his friend. I had him turn them over to me.

I used my advisor as the faculty contact.

2-BRs have 2 baths. 3-BRs depend- some have 2 baths, and some have 3. And 4-BRs have 2 baths.

Joanna71985 said:
2-BRs have 2 baths. 3-BRs depend- some have 2 baths, and some have 3. And 4-BRs have 2 baths.

Thanks! That is all good if I can get the housing I want. I have at least one person as a hopeful roommate. Now I just hope we can get in together and in the housing we want. We're planning to get there at like 8a!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter