• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Clock Has Struck Midnight

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Both the Main Street USA and Cinderella Castle clocks have been "stuck" on "Midnight" for several days.

Very strange.:)

I remember when small things (like making sure the clocks were working) use to matter to Disney.. Last June while we were in Typhoon Lagoon the clock didn't work for 2 weeks..

It always starts with those little, innocuous things, doesn't it? For instance, have you ever ordered one of these? (Picture).

I have. And the last time I did, they brought it to me without that chocolate foo-foo stick. I asked why since it was in the picture and they told me "oh, they stopped giving those".

Piddly minor little detail, right? I think not.

e328c983-48d7-4c86-924d-2c5c47d9d2a5_zps3d11b391.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I defend Disney on most things, but they definitely have to make sure they keep up all those little details that makes the parks so special.

But is there a reason the clock is struck? Is it part of a story or a parade or something around Christmas?

One glaring one to me are some very important neon lights being on. The main gate pic everyone takes from the car currently reads Walt Disney W_rld. And at aDhs Tonight I scored a FO for the T_Wer of Terror

Pretty iconic signs, both of them.

One glaring one to me are some very important neon lights being on. The main gate pic everyone takes from the car currently reads Walt Disney W_rld. And at aDhs Tonight I scored a FO for the T_Wer of Terror

Wow... yeah that's pretty bad.

Although I don't remember any neon lights on the main gate sign. Do they just turn on at night?

Don't they normally shut down the clocks for the duration of filming? The parade just recently wrapped, you can't have a clock moving forward and backwards during a tv shoot.

Now that's just sad. :(

I can see that part of Tower of Terror's theme. Goes with the run down feel and spookiness ;), but seriously the main gate sign is sad.

It always starts with those little, innocuous things, doesn't it? For instance, have you ever ordered one of these? (Picture).

I have. And the last time I did, they brought it to me without that chocolate foo-foo stick. I asked why since it was in the picture and they told me "oh, they stopped giving those".

[/URL][/IMG]

Piddly minor detail? Not to us chocolate lovers!!!!;)

[/URL][/IMG]

Part of me would come back saying "you can stop giving me this drink, then. Take it back."

Both the Main Street USA and Cinderella Castle clocks have been "stuck" on "Midnight" for several days.

Very strange.:)

Did the maintenance staff turn into pumpkins...oh WAIT...maybe that was the bathroom attendants!!??? :rotfl:

Don't they normally shut down the clocks for the duration of filming? The parade just recently wrapped, you can't have a clock moving forward and backwards during a tv shoot.
That is correct. Or possibly covered up for the filming.

That is correct. Or possibly covered up for the filming.

:thumbsup2
They always put a Wreath over the Main Street USA clock during the Parade taping.:)

I lean away from it being a maintenance issue because TWO clocks are on Midnight-I think that is too much coincidence for both Clocks to be broke simultaneously.

There is a rumor going around-Elsa has frozen the Clocks at Midnight because she wants Cinderella Castle renamed Cinderelsa Castle and Mickey has refused.;):)

:thumbsup

They always put a Wreath over the Main Street USA clock during the Parade taping.:)

I lean away from it being a maintenance issue because TWO clocks are on Midnight-I think that is too much coincidence for both Clocks to be broke simultaneously.

There is a rumor going around-Elsa has frozen the Clocks at Midnight because she wants Cinderella Castle renamed Cinderelsa Castle and Mickey has refused.;):)
Ahh yes, you are so correct, WED, now I recall. :thumbsup2

Funny how paying so close attention to such a small a show element got turned into a failure to properly maintain. :confused3

Yes, they stop the clocks specifically for the parade taping. :teacher:

Yes, they stop the clocks specifically for the parade taping. :teacher:

I've never noticed what happens with the Castle Clock,but they cover both sides of the Main Street USA Clock with Wreaths during taping.:)

It would look pretty weird for a clock to STAY at Midnight(Noon)for an hours long Parade and never move!:)

I don't think it is a maintenance issue at all-it is really an interesting thing to see.:)

...and its not likely that a maintenance issue would cause two different clocks to stop at midnight. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter