The Chew at FWF ticket advice please

Sip and scream is the only way I know to buy your way into a taping and that went on sale awhile ago and sold out in minutes..

Also look for food and wine events (tickets already on sale, again many sold out) you may luck out and one of their special meals or breakfasts happen to be with one of the chew chefs. not exactly what your looking for but if you can't get to a taping it might be a worthwhile alternative for you.

(not counting the normal try to get a ticket mentioned above)

We haven't heard yet, we are waitlisted for the early morning show on the 5th, our plane leaves that day so this show is our only option! I hope we get an email like those who have. Can I ask how big the groups were and how much of the 1iota profile you completed?

I'm on a waitlist, too...fingers crossed. If anyone was able to get tickets and not be waitlisted can you let us know? Just curious if all tickets go through the waitlist.

I just got notified today for tickets to the 10/05 morning show and I went directly to the waitlist when I first requested tickets. Hope you get some.

We haven't heard yet, we are waitlisted for the early morning show on the 5th, our plane leaves that day so this show is our only option! I hope we get an email like those who have. Can I ask how big the groups were and how much of the 1iota profile you completed?

There is only 2 of us and I only have 60% of my profile completed.

Thanks for responding!!
I just got notified today for tickets to the 10/05 morning show and I went directly to the waitlist when I first requested tickets. Hope you get some.

There is only 2 of us and I only have 60% of my profile completed.

There were 4 of us and I completed 60% of the profile, too.

It looks like the Epcot shows are all sold out now. I was half-and-half whether to try for tickets and didn't, now I can't.

I did read it's possible to get in the day of the taping due to no-shows.

So I am now spending a crazy amount of money to come in for the Friday taping. I got a ticket that says group A. There are disclaimers everywhere it does not guarantee entrance since they pass out more tickets than they have seats for. Should I be worried I won't get in?

Group A sounds good to me but I don't really know because I've never been to a TV show taping in WDW.

I've gone to a few in NYC and didn't get turned away because I had actual tickets.

That was one reason that I hesitated to write for them for the F&W shows--I could try for tickets in NYC and go anytime. We went to a taping of Dr. Oz in NYC and didn't enjoy it. Felt like we were unpaid extras with the applauding they wanted us to do. Plus, it was very time-consuming.

Not sure that I want to spend too much time in Epcot on one activity that may not even be a lot of fun.

So I am now spending a crazy amount of money to come in for the Friday taping. I got a ticket that says group A. There are disclaimers everywhere it does not guarantee entrance since they pass out more tickets than they have seats for. Should I be worried I won't get in?

I wouldn't worry. I had the same last year and they were still looking for more people last minute. Have fun!!!!

Happy for all of you who have tickets! We ended being late to sign up due to meetings; the one day we didn't check! :)

I completed 90% of my profile and asked for 4 tickets for the Thursday afternoon session a few hours after they had the ticket availability posted. I am disappointed we didn't get any. When I log into my 1iota account it still shows I am waitlisted, so perhaps all hope is not lost yet. It doesn't bode well that you all have gotten tickets, though.

I'm assuming I didn't score tickets either or I would have heard by now

I requested 2 tickets for the Friday taping and got my confirm on the 9th. I am coming in from Baltimore Thursday so my only option was Friday. My friends aren't joining me until Friday night but I requested 2 tickets hoping my sister in law from Port Orange might join me but not sure she will. Unfortunately the tickets are stated as non-transferable and each guest must provide a government issued ID. Wondering if I could edit my guest name?

Btw, my profile was only 30% complete.

I was super lucky to get two tickets to the second taping on the 5th. I am literally flying in JUST for this!! My flight back home is 7:25p on the 5th and I'm nervous about that! I'll make it work but if anyone has tickets for the morning of the 5th that would want to trade for second taping tickets PLEASE let me know!!! I have two tickets. Someone from these boards is meeting me there.

I was super lucky to get two tickets to the second taping on the 5th. I am literally flying in JUST for this!! My flight back home is 7:25p on the 5th and I'm nervous about that! I'll make it work but if anyone has tickets for the morning of the 5th that would want to trade for second taping tickets PLEASE let me know!!! I have two tickets. Someone from these boards is meeting me there.

Have you thought about just showing up the morning of the 5th in case they have any spots open because someone didn't show. It's worth a try. Also this may interest you. It is posted on The Chew website:

EPCOT TICKETS

Thank you for your interest in THE CHEWat theEpcot International Food & Wine FestivalatWalt Disney World Resort.

THE CHEWaudience ticket site is now CLOSED, and we are at capacity.

We have another exciting opportunity for you. OnTuesday, October 4, 2016, at 3:30PM,The Chew Crew -- Mario, Michael, Clinton, Carla and Daphne -- will be holding a Q & A session held atAmerica Gardens Theatre in Epcot World Showcase.

*Please note seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Admittance is not guaranteed and does not include Epcot theme park admission.

Never got my email (didn’t know that they had already went out) so I logged in my account. Still says “Waitlist”. Guess no luck for me.

Have you thought about just showing up the morning of the 5th in case they have any spots open because someone didn't show. It's worth a try. Also this may interest you. It is posted on The Chew website:

EPCOT TICKETS

Thank you for your interest in THE CHEWat theEpcot International Food & Wine FestivalatWalt Disney World Resort.

THE CHEWaudience ticket site is now CLOSED, and we are at capacity.

We have another exciting opportunity for you. OnTuesday, October 4, 2016, at 3:30PM,The Chew Crew -- Mario, Michael, Clinton, Carla and Daphne -- will be holding a Q & A session held atAmerica Gardens Theatre in Epcot World Showcase.

*Please note seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Admittance is not guaranteed and does not include Epcot theme park admission.

Yes I did see that but unfortunately I won't be there in time. I'm going JUST for the taping. Flight arrives 10:30p Tuesday and I fly back out 7:30p Wednesday.

We do plan on getting there EARLY Wednesday so maybe we can get into the morning taping. But if not that's ok I'll make it work.

I have been wait list status ever since I signed up for tickets on the day they went live to request them.
I requested every show...hoping I'd get pixie dusted for 1 of them.
I check the 1iota site and login every day to check my status.

TODAY...I had a "Confirm ticket" where Waitlist was for the 1st show Oct 5th.
I never got an e-mail. My suggestion...keep logging in to your account on 1iota to check your ticket status.
With the shows just over a week away I imagine people should be getting Confirm tickets more now.

I confirmed my ticket and it now it gives me a link to Print my ticket.
SUPER excited!

OP I really think it's just luck of the draw. I haven't tried for tickets at F&W, but I've been trying for years to get tickets to NYC tapings, and I've never been successful. Good luck with the waitlist!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter