The CCS Virtual Cookbook Desserts...

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
Desserts (including Holiday Candy)

Post your favorite recipes here for all to see....

Whatever you want You can even include a picture of the finished product if you want just remember if the picture turns into one of those annoying little red X for more than 48 hours we will have to remove it until the hosting problem can be fixed

Check out the other two cookbooks too....

Well, since I can't sleep let me be the first one to add a dessert!!

These Cranberry Bars are sooooo good. I won a baking contest at work with this recipe - you won't be disappointed!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Merry Berry Cranberry Bars

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats and 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of this mixture and press the remaining mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk until light and fluffy. Stir in the lemon juice and spread the mixture evenly over the prepared crust. Empty the can of cranberry sauce into a small bowl and stir in the cornstarch and brown sugar. Spoon over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle the top with the reserved crust mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until top is golden. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Store covered in the refrigerator.

I just made this up the other day.... was making pumpkin tarts for my daughter's preschool class and wound up with extra stuff so I experimented:

Pumpkin Fluff Parfait

Mix 1 can pumpkin pie filling (30 oz), 1 large tub cool whip, and 1 package of cheesecake flavored instant pudding & pie filling.

Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter(I didn't measure -- probably about 2 packages of crackers, 1/2 cup sugar, a stick of butter. Stir until crumbly and press into a cookie sheet in a thin layer. Bake at 350 for about 5 minutes or so until brown. Let cool. Crumble into chunks and stir into pumpkin fluff.

Spoon into glasses (like wine glasses). Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of cinnamon.

This came about because I was trying to make a graham cracker base for the filling but I realized that the filling was much too runny for a pie-type of dish, so I decided to crumble it all together instead!

Here's a favorite of Dh's. He loves Pumpkin Pie and this one has a nice twist to it with the Gingersnaps:

Pumpkin Gingersnap Pie
2 t pumpkin pie spice
1 package cook and serve vanilla pudding (3 3/4 oz)
1 1/2 cups half and half
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps
3/4 cup chopped pecans
Graham craker pie crust (recipe below)
Gingersnap crumbs for garnish
Whipped cream for garnish
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham crackers
5 Tbl. unsalted butter, melted

In a medium saucepan, combine spice and pudding mix and cook as directed substituting half and half for liquid. Remove mixture from heat and stir in pumpkin. Cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 1/2 hrs until nearly room temp. IMPORTANT that plastic wrap actually be in contact with surface of mixture to prevent skin from forming.

Stir gently when cool. Whip cream. Fold gingersnaps and whipped cream into pudding mixture. Pour pudding mixture over nuts and chill pie for 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and garnish with gingersnap crumbs and whipped cream.

For Pie Crust:
Stir together crust ingredients and press onto bottom and 1 in up side of an 8 inch springform pan. Fill right away or chill up to 2 hrs.

Enjoy!

This is a great cake:

Shery Wine Cake

1 pkg. Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 pkg. Jell-O instant Vanilla or French Vanilla pudding
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
4 eggs
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 c. sherry wine ( I usually use Gallo sherry)

Mix the cake mix, pudding and nutmeg in a large bowl. Beat together the eggs, oil and sherry. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and blend well by hand with a wire whisk. Beat qite well, but if it appears lumpy don't worry over it. Grease a bundt pan with Crisco NOT butter. Pour cake into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 min. Unmold and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

Snowball Cookies

A favorite at Christmas time, pecan-filled cookies are scrumptious all year 'round.

Prep: 45 min - Bake: 18 min

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar

Heat oven to 325°F. Combine all ingredients except powdered sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed (2 to 3 minutes).

Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; roll in powdered sugar while still warm and again when cool.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

Nutritional Info Per 1 Cookie: Calories 130, Protein 1 g, Carbohydrate 11 g, Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 50 mg, Fiber 0 g

Easy Cheese Cake
1 Container cool whip
1 Cup sugar
8 ounce cream cheese room temperature
1 grahm pie shell

Blend first three ingrediants together, pour in pie shell and chill for and hour
WOW! Delicious and easy, its more like a mousse than a cake.........

This is a little unusual, as the "frosting" is put on the cake BEFORE baking. And I know it sounds a little weird (mixing cheesecake like substance with a tradtional apple cake), but it is so, so, so GOOD.

It is one of my most requested recipes, and one of the easiest!

Gooey Apple Sheet Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 24 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cake Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter -- melted
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c buttermilk
2 c chopped apples -- (1/4-1/2 inch pieces)
1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon

For the Topping:
3 cups powdered sugar
8 oz. lowfat cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 c oats

Mix melted butter and sugar with a mixer. Add eggs and beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing well. Fold in the chopped apples. Spread batter into well greased (or sprayed) 13 x 9 baking pan. Mix Topping ingredients and put over cake BEFORE baking. Bake in a 350ºF oven for 40-45 minutes. You can store this on the counter or in the refrigerator. Great warm, cold, or at room temperature.

Source:
"modified from recipe found on Diana's Desserts"

:cutie: Simple Strawberry Smoothies :cutie:

You will need:
A blender
Milk
Strawberries
Ice
Sugar (optional)

Pour in the desired amount of milk into the blender, this will be the amount of liquid that you will have, of course. For each cup of milk you add drop in about 2-5 strawberries to fit your liking. Add in some ice, and sugar (if desired) and turn on the blender.

Put into glasses, pour over some ice cream, or on top of cake and enjoy!

When I was a Pampered Chef Consultant, these were my 2 extra easy mini dessert demos I did.
Super Easy Mini Cinnamon Buns

1 tin of Pillsbury Crescents
Sugar
Cinnamon

When you open your crescents, 2 triangles are stuck together. Don't separate them, they make a rectangle with a pleat in the middle. Pinch the pleat together. Mix your cinnamon and sugar together, and put in a shaker if you have one or you could put it through a very fine sifter/strainer. Sprinkle sugar/cinn mix over the rectangle of crescents. Roll them up from the short end making a log. Slice pieces making mini cinn buns. Place them face up in a baking dish, I use a Pampered Chef Baking stone(the round one with the sides). Once you have all crescents cut, sprinkle the remaining sugar/cinn mix over the mini cinn buns. Bake at 350F for 10-15 min.
This is very quick and easy, good for Christmas morning opening gifts or just over coffee/tea Sunday morning.

Chocolate Kisses:
1 pkg Pillsbury Chocolate Chip cookie dough
24-36 Hershey Kisses
Scoop cookie dough into mini muffin pan. Unwrap kisses, placing one kiss in the center of each dollop of cookie dough. Bake according to cookie dough. So easy and everyone loves them.

EASY CHEESE DANISH

Dough
2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough

Filling
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened & diced
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons sour cream

Icing
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon butter, softened

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets.

In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sour cream.

Leave the rolls of dough rolled up and cut into 1/4" slices like you would if you were using rolls of cookie dough. (If you have a hard time cutting the soft dough into slices, place rolls of dough into the freezer for a couple minutes to "harden" it up for easier slicing.)

Place the cut slices on a cookie sheet, and use your thumb to make an indentation on the top of each, then place a spoonful of filling in each indentation. Bake for about 15 mins at 375 degrees and check for doneness.

In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, milk and butter. After danish has cooled, drizzle with icing.

OK here you go YUMMY Symphony Brownies

1 box Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Chunk brownie mix or
any other brand or your own homemade brownie recipe
3 (8 ounce) Symphony Candy Bars (any variety)

Mix brownie mix as directed except use 3 eggs. Put half of the mix in a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking pan.

Lay the candy bars on top of the mix and cover the candy bars with the remaining brownie mix. Bake as directed, about 25 to 30 minutes.

Enjoy!!

Ok and one more DELISH one --
Oreo "Truffles"
8 oz. cream cheese
1 pound Oreos any flavor of your choice
1 pound milk or dark chocolate
1/2 pound white chocolate
Grind Oreos to find powder in food processor. With a mixer, blend cookie powder and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese). Roll into small or large balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Chill 45 minutes.
Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt milk or dark chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon or fork, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet. In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool.
Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.

Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies (DH will eat them all in one sitting if he isn't watched!)

1/2 C butter
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 T milk
1/4 C brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C all purpose flour, sifted
1/3 C mini semisweet chocolate chips
Jar of seedless raspberry preserves

Preheat oven to 375. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Blend in flour and milk. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small indentation with thumb (although I use the small side of a melon baller, makes them look prettier:thumbsup2 ). Use a teaspoon to place a small amount of preserves in each indentation. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from sheets and cool completely on wire racks.

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES :cool1:

1 package of brownie mix
1 can of black beans
water

Pour brownie mix into a bowl big enough for mixing
Drain and rinse the black beans (don't throw away the can yet!)
Put the black beans back in the can, and fill with water (enough to fill the can)
Blend the beans and water in a blender until smooth
Mix beans (blended) with the brownie mix until mixed completely
Pour into a 'Pam' greased baking pan (I use 9 x 13), and bake as long as the directions say.

SO EASY AND SO GOOD- AND GOOD FOR YOU!! :banana: I'll never ever make brownies with eggs and oil again!!!! :duck:

Marshmallow Fluff

8oz Egg Whites
1lb sugar

Put sugar and egg whites in bowl. Put bowl over a pot of boiling water, creating a double broiler. When sugar is fully dissolved, use a mixer on high to whip air into them. Mixture should turn white and become fluffy!!:goodvibes

Peanut Butter Cup Bars

1 cup butter
2 cups peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
12 oz. chocolate chips

Mix together butter, peanut butter and sugar.
Spread in a 9x9 pan, top with chocolate chips.
Place in a preheated 350º oven for 10 minutes.
Smooth chocolate over top with a spatula.
Cut into squares before completely cooled.
Store in refrigerator.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banana Pudding
Paula Deans recipe, but I changed up a few things.

1 box Nilla Wafers
4 large bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5-oz) box instant vanilla pudding
1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (16-oz) container Cool Whip, thawed

In a 9x13 pan, layer Nilla Wafers on bottom. Slice bananas on top of wafers.
In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sweet milk, until smooth. Add pudding & milk, mix well.
Fold in half the cool whip, pour over bananas.
Just before serving spread with remaining cool whip.

Apple Pear Crumb Cake

1 apple, cored, diced
1 pear, cored, diced
2 Tbs. + 2/3 cup granulated sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 pkg. (18.5 oz) butter yellow cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 cup sour cream
2/3 cup milk
3 cups flour
2/3 cup pcked brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted
Confectioners' sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 13x9" baking pan with foil, leaving 2" overhang; coat with cooking spray.
Combine fruit, 2 Tbs. granulated sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. On medium-high speed, beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream and milk until fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to pan; sprinkle with fruit. Bake 30 minutes.

Combine flour, brown sugar, reaming 2/3 cup granulated sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Stir in butter until large crumbs form; sprinkle over cake. Bake 25 minutes or until pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on rack 20 minutes. Using foil, lift cake from pan. If desired sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!