"The Boys"

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by NikkiLovesWDW!, Dec 28, 2010.

1. NikkiLovesWDW!

NikkiLovesWDW! "Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S

Found it on Starz ondemand last night. For those who haven't heard of it, it's a documentary on the Sherman Brothers, who wrote many of the popular songs for Disney: Poppins, Small World, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Winnie the Pooh...many many more. It was all about their relationship, the work they did together and the time they spent at Disney. It was kind of sad, as they do not now, nor ever really had a great relationship. I always assumed they were great friends, to make such great music. Anyway, just wanted to give my little review and say I definitely recommend it. Get the tissues ready! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

The movie is extraordinary. I'd recommend it to anyone with an interest in Disney history because the Shermans are such an integral part of it.:earsboy:

4. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

Agreed. :thumbsup2

5. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Watched this on streaming Netflix last night! Loved it! Great film with history and heart.

6. RyMickey

RyMickey <font color=green>Disney Freak<br><font color=blue

Just added it to the Netflix Instant Queue...thanks!

If I may offer a suggestion...check out the just released on dvd Waking Sleeping Beauty which is a great documentary about the Disney animation renaissance that began with The Little Mermaid. A really wonderful film -- a full review can be found via my blog link below.

7. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

Yes! Waking Sleeping Beauty is also excellent. I bought the 3 documentaries and thought The Sherman film and WSB were as good as ANY movies as I've seen for a while. Looking forward to watching Walt & el Grupo. :earsboy:

8. blake.daly95

blake.daly95 Earning My Ears

I was wondering which movie to watch next. I think I’ll watch “The boys” , if it si so highly recommended. Thanks OP!

9. avgeek81

avgeek81 DIS Veteran

I got the three documentary for christmas. I watched the boys last night. I love the sherman brothers. I even paid $90 for thier book "Walts Time" It was kind of sad. I liked hearing about thier early years.

Also watched "Waking Sleeping Beauty" last week and also thought that was excellent. Loved all the behind the scenes footage and loved how it wasnt just talking heads.

I plan to watch "Walt and El Grupo" on sunday

10. mike7184

mike7184 Earning My Ears

its a superb movie , i like it very much .

11. kalvin

kalvin Earning My Ears