The Bottomless Pit vs Food and Wine....a 10 day Oct TR with pics!

Sorry for the delay! It's been horrible at work this week and unfortunately, we did not have the winning powerball ticket so.....:confused3 Onward with the TR!!!

It's now Tuesday and the dreaded mid-point of the trip. You all know it...the point when you realize it's half over....:worried: We decided to call it an earlier night on Monday so that we would be up at a reasonable hour to go to AK. We were both awake around 8am, ready for the day and AP for our Mickey waffles and at the Springs busstop by 8:50am. Thankfully, the 1st AK had no room for scooters (there was 1 waiting) so another bus was dispatched and we arrived at AK shortly after RD. We stopped for some pics on our way in!

Photo0338FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo0341FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

We ditched our gear and went straight to the safari! I was very eager to try out the camera and now that we have one with sport setting, we got some amazing pics on the safari! A quick side note to SSRMonkey...we did not see the Squatch out on the savannah! Here's a few pics from our safari!

330.jpg
[/IMG]

317.jpg
[/IMG]

297.jpg
[/IMG]

294.jpg
[/IMG]

We were fortunate as the animals were very active this am, which was surprising because it was pretty warm! After our safari, we stopped for a popcorn for the pit then made our way over to EE. Thankfully the line was still only 15 minutes so we grabbed FP and jumped on the standby line. We were on the ride in less than 10 minutes! :cool1: The line had grown though so when we got off we went over to grab a pic and refill our water bottles as we had about 15 minutes to kill before our FP.

Photo0353FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

We rode EE again then made our way over to see Chester and Hester in Dinoland. Primevil Hurl only had a short wait so we stopped to ride that. While we both like it, once is enough! Thankfully, the pit did not expel it's popcorn snack and we went over to help Dr. Seeker find his iguanadon (I'm sure I spelled that incorrectly!) After safely making it back before the asteroid impact we started making our way to the front of the park. AK is really just a 1/2 day park for us unless we have company. We've seen all the shows many a time and the trails with the animals are cool, but we've done those plenty of times too. We looked around in the shops and found the ceramic pumpkin Mickey we'd seen the first day, didn't buy and now couldn't find so we bought him and shipped him back to the resort. It was close to lunch time and we were both hungry so we each grabbed a strawberry bar from the ice cream cart and made our way back to the locker and bus stop. We stopped by our villa to drop off park gear then walked over to EOS for lunch because the pit NEEDED another holiday sandwich!! After lunch we went to the quiet pool at CP for a bit to give my terrible, horrible blister (and ourselves) a break. We headed in around 3pm to get showered and back into our pirate gear for round 2 of MNSSHP. We had dinner ressies at the Wave at 5pm so at 4pm we headed out to the bus stop to catch a bus to MK. We decided to walk from MK over to the contemporary as the monorail was sitting on the track when the bus pulled in. We made it in plenty of time and walked around the contemporary. We realized the Wave was somewhat of a nice restaurant and we hoped they didn't have a dress code! Thankfully, we weren't the only ones in costumes! We were seated promplty at 5pm and had good company seated around us! (more DVC members on each side! Made for interesting dinner conversation!) DH and I received a complimentary champagne for our anniversary and since DH doesn't really care for champange, the pit downed both glasses and 2 glasses of wine with dinner....yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me! (can you tell I was a little fuzzy?) DH and I both had the steak entree and we were very impressed with the food, the service and the atmosphere. We will definitely be back. We also shared the trio of dessert! We made it back over to MK by 6:15pm and decided to walk off the wine for a bit! tonight's party goal was to get the rest of the villians, see the parade and fireworks, trick or treat and ride a little! We got off to a great start! 2 villians from the first show and managed a pretty decent spot for the first parade. The party was definitely more crowded tonight than Sunday, but it still wasn't bad!

383.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo0369FourBySix-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo0386FourBySix-1.jpg
[/IMG]

390.jpg
[/IMG]

444.jpg
[/IMG]

455.jpg
[/IMG]

460.jpg
[/IMG]

After the parade, we did some trick or treating and DH kicked my pirate booty on Buzz! We made our way back toward Main St and managed a pretty decent spot for the fireworks. Pit was needing a feeding so DH grabbed some popcorn for us to munch on before the fireworks started. I was REALLY excited to try the camera out and it did not disappoint. Hallowishes is by far the best fireworks we've ever seen so it was awesome! And yes, I took every one of these pics!

536.jpg
[/IMG]

523.jpg
[/IMG]

555.jpg
[/IMG]

567.jpg
[/IMG]

We did finally manage to see Duffy, however, for some reason, the pics did not turn out. At least we did get pics with him at Epcot in his costume! We visited the 999 happy haunts again, did some trick or treating and managed to catch the queens although it did take 2 villian shows to do it!

Photo0405FourBySix-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo0421FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

We also took a spin on POTC, did some more trick or treating, grabbed a couple of Dole Whips and did some shopping. By now it was close to midnight and DH and I were pretty beat so we made our way to the bus stop and once again, it seemed that everyone staying at SSR was at the party! Finally by the 5th bus we were able to get on and we made it home about 12:30am. Washed off the pirate grime and made it to bed a little after 1am. All in all it was a very productive day and night! And yes, I did eat all of my dinner and dessert...which is why I was allowed so many snacks! I should also mention that we'd been munching on some of our candy throughout the evening. Probably explains the nasty indigestion at 2:30am! Good thing I packed the extra large bottle of tums!! Up next....break day! (ok, not really) and the bottomless pit has lost her mind....Ohana for dinner and F&W festival for dessert???:scared1:

I was getting worried about you Chelleymouse! I'm sorry you've had a bad week at work but at least it's almost Friday. Sounds like round two at MNSSHP Was a success! I think Africa may be too hot for Squatches but now I know for sure. I will check that off my list of possibilities. Koala and I are going to try out our night vision gear again. (See TR for details. :))

Can't wait for your next installment.

I was getting worried about you Chelleymouse! I'm sorry you've had a bad week at work but at least it's almost Friday. Sounds like round two at MNSSHP Was a success! I think Africa may be too hot for Squatches but now I know for sure. I will check that off my list of possibilities. Koala and I are going to try out our night vision gear again. (See TR for details. :))

Can't wait for your next installment.

Nice!! Love the night vision goggles! Thanks SSRMonkey! Hopefully this week will be better!

It's Wednesday and "break day" which by our definition is usually a waterpark or no plan at all. Since Tues was a late night, we slept until almost 10am. We made it up to AP just in time for breakfast and it was helpful that we were only going to BB! It would also figure that today was the only day of the entire trip that it was cloudy! The AK bus pulled up and since we did not see BB, we asked the driver if the bus was going to AK only or both. Driver said both so we boarded. Imagine our :mad: when the bus went straight to AK and the driver informed us that we needed to get off and find a bus going to BB. This is one of the few times I've ever been THAT mad at the World! DH and I were both :furious: Now we are walking around aimlessly trying to find a bus going to BB. Finally the 5th bus we asked, the driver asked what happened and we told him. He very kindly took us to BB!! We finally got to BB at 11:30am. Since it was pretty cloudy, the park wasn't too busy. I did Summit Plummet twice (yes, I'm a little crazy nuts!) teamboat springs (I really miss being able to ride with just 2 people) all of the mat slides, all of the tube slides, the lazy river and spent some time in the wave pool. Around 2pm we were getting hungry and since we had done everything more than once we decided to eat lunch while drying off and head home. We went to Lottsawatta Lodge and the food was decent. We stopped at the locker to pick up our gear and of course, the Pit had to have doughnuts! Since we have PAP, I can honestly say that I would go to a water park just to pick up doughnuts and leave! We made our way home with much less drama than we arrived! It rained for about 10 minutes and was done by the time we made it back to SSR. We showered, changed and got ready for the evening. We were meeting our wonderful guide Todd Bearden at 3:30pm and we were excited to see him because we hadn't in awhile. Of course, DH would mention my "weird MS" call from the other day. Thankfully, our guide I think, figured something wasn't quite right and told DH that yes, MS has been conducting "satisfaction surveys" Thank you Todd!! :worship: DH and I were wearing our anniversary buttons too! We had decided that since we had 2 trips we would celebrate on our second trip. (It's acutually in August, but we always celebrate at WDW....instead of presents!) At 4:30pm, I realized what time it was and told DH and Todd that it was great but we had to scoot to catch a bus to get over to Poly for our 5:15pm Ohana ressie. We actually declined our "free" ice cream as we were headed to Ohana and Todd very kindly called a van to take us over to the Poly!! Score!! We said our "see you real soons" and headed over to Poly. Arrived just in time and were seated almost right away! Needless to say, the pit was well satisfied after a Lapu Lapu and enough food for 5 people consumed!! We had decided to head back over to Epcot for "drinks and desserts" so we hopped on the monorail and went over to Epcot. I honestly do not know how I stuffed any more food into the pit. We stopped in Australia for the lamington cake that was pretty tasty, then stopped in Mexico for the carmel custard. The nicest thing I can say about the custard is that it was like eating a melted and reheated carmel. It was not good, however, DH liked it. I remembered the African beef tenderloin to be a small portion so I decided to grab the beef tenderloin with sweet potatoes....memory served poorly as the portion was actually a pretty good size. We went over to beer stand and I found a seat while DH went to grab us samplers. A nice lady came over and asked if her group of 3 could join us and I said sure. We ended up sitting with these folks and talking for nearly an hour!! Turns out, 2 of 3 of them were CM and also huge fans of Cedar Point, which is in our backyard! We said our good byes and I stopped to grab a pic.

586.jpg
[/IMG]

Epcot had EMH tonight, however, most of the countries were closing and with TT being closed, Soarin had well over an hour wait and the pit was overfull so Mission Space was out. Illuminations was starting as we were making our way to the front of the park and I was able to take this pic:

588.jpg
[/IMG]

We decided to head home and stopped at AP to pick up several days worth of shopping. Our ceramic Mickey pumpkin had been damaged so we turned it in, made arrangements to have it replaced and headed home. We had a surprise in on kitchen table when we walked in. Todd had sent us Happy Anniversary balloons and a wonderful gift! A DVC FP, one for each of us!! :cheer2: I took a swim in the jacuzzi tub while DH watched some tv. We were actually tired so we went to bed around 11pm. About 12:30am....:sick: The pit was not happy! Thankfully a handful of tums and sitting straight up for about an hour helped, but F&W after Ohana...not a good choice! Have to give the point to F&W this round! Didn't have an opportunity to take too many pics today...one thing that's a bummer about the water parks and the "off season"...no FP! Up next, MNSSHP round 3 (and the final night) and our second trip to DHS thanks to Todd!

It's Thursday and we were actually up and out the door at a decent hour! We made it to DHS around 9:10am and that was after our customary breakfast of Mickey waffles with bacon. I do miss having 1 normal sized waffle instead of 3 small ones, but oh well! Thanks to our wonderful guide Todd, I ran ahead to grab FP for TSM while DH grabbed a locker and made his morning pit stop. I was not greedy and only grabbed 2 FP for each of us. The return time was already up to noon so we only rode the twice in a row with the DVC passes. I also took a minute to call Todd and let him know the real reason I was on the phone with MS and to thank him profusely for the gift!! Took this while I was waiting for DH.

595.jpg
[/IMG]

I was really hoping when the POTC attraction said fall it meant fall and not the first week of Dec. Oh well! I kicked DH's hindquarters twice in a row on TSM and then we stopped for a popcorn on the way to RNR and TOT. TOT had a very short wait so we used our last DVC FP for RNR to ride now and used our tickets to come back and ride after TOT. We managed 2 rides on each and we were happy! DH wanted to ride ST2 again so we made our way over to the other side of the park to take a trip to the dark side. I should also mention it was blazing hot today! Since the line was short, I let DH talk me into ST2 twice. We had a pretty productive morning. 2 rides each on TSM, RNR, TOT and ST2. By now it was nearing 1pm and we were hot and hungry and since the CS at DHS is gross on a good day, we grabbed a bus, dropped our park gear and went over to DTD to EOS for.....wait for it....yep! Another holiday sandwich for me and another cannonball for DH! After lunch, we walked home and went up to AP to grab our latest round of shopping. We were really bummed to find that the ceramic Mickey pumpkins had a bad habit of breaking and there was not one to be found on property so the nice CM did a refund for us! We walked back to CP and took a quick dip in the quiet pool. Since it was so hot and sticky we decided to forgo the pirate costumes tonight and wear our Ohio State and Michigan shirts and shorts..WAY more comfy!! DH likes that yucky place up north! I say GO BUCKS!! We left around 4:10pm and grabbed a bus to MK to transfer to the Poly. Unfortunately, someone had gotten very ill on a monorail at the Contemporary and the monorail was completely stopped until that person could get off and get medical attention. Of course the boat to the Poly was now full. We finally were able to get a monorail and made it with 5 minutes to spare to our ressie at Kona Cafe. This was the first time we ate there and I can honestly say that we will be back. The portions were amazing and the food and service were very good. Pit was actually too full to stuff dessert in (bummer!) after dinner we headed back to MK via the monorail and were fortunate enough to ride Little Mermaid again. We also stopped for a quick pic on the way in as there wasn't anyone in line. DH needed "walked" so I had this taken while I was waiting for him!

Photo0441FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo0445FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

Some pics from Mermaid!

Photo0449FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

630.jpg
[/IMG]

634.jpg
[/IMG]

642.jpg
[/IMG]

I took these after our second ride under the sea....loved the fact that it was sunset and I finally learned how to use some of the features on the new camera!

603.jpg
[/IMG]

604.jpg
[/IMG]

Our "party plan" for the night was pick up any characters we hadn't seen, get a MUCH better picture of the headless horseman coming down Main St, trick or treat and RIDE!! This actually was a very good plan as the party was sold out tonight and WOW!! I now know the difference between sold out and not sold out party. The ride lines were still very short, however, the lines for characters, trick or treating, the villians show, parade and fireworks were pretty intense. I can see why people who go on sold out nights are disappointed! Not us though! We made our way to Main St and had time to see if Mickey was in a different outfit tonight and the CM weren't really helpful so we grabbed what we thought would be a good spot for the HH to ride by. Our thoughts were confirmed by a gentleman standing there trying to hold a "spot" for his party of 15. DH and I made a deal with him, we would take up way more space than 2 people need and as soon as the HH rode past, we would leave and that space would be available for his family! It was a win-win for everyone! Very nice family!! DH ran over to the confectionary to grab us some water and Mickey krispie treats! I was very pleased with my pics of the HH this time!!

661.jpg
[/IMG]

663.jpg
[/IMG]

After we got the pics, said goodbye to our new friends, we started up toward Fantasyland and got very, very lucky. A nice CM let us in to see Meridia! What a hard princess to meet!!

Photo0461FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

We decided to ride for awhile and we managed 2 trips on Space Mtn, a royal backside whipping from DH on Buzz, I promised DH another round of spinning barf cups...:sick: thankfully, he didn't spin them too fast, some trick or treating and a ride on Dumbo! Fireworks were starting so we watched from back near Dumbo! We did some trick or treating, shared a box of popcorn then met up with Alice who thought we should all be drinking tea!

666.jpg
[/IMG]

We took a spin through Fantasyland and finally rode Peter Pan, did some more trick or treating and then went over to visit the 999 happy haunts. Visiting HM during halloween just seems to add something to the experience....especially when the CM are really good and creepy! After that, the parade was getting ready to start so we ran over to the washer and dryer (Splash and BTMRR) with 2 rides apiece on each. We did some more trick or treating as the parade was going by. We made 2 more trips on POTC then stopped for Dole Whips! DH was concerned because the park was so busy and since we had been able to accomplish many rides and did all our "I wannas" we decided to call it a night a little early....ok it was 11:30pm. Took this on our way out!

681.jpg
[/IMG]

All I can say was the bus stop was an absolute mad house! I thought the last 2 nights were a little nuts, but tonight topped it. I swear that EVERY HUMAN at SSR was at the party and now in line for the bus. We finally boarded a bus at 12:25am and made it home close to 1am. This was the worst bus service we had all trip. I cannot understand that when all of the other parks are closed and MNSSHP was sold out and the monorail wasn't running, why on earth there were not enough busses! Oh well. We went to bed really late!! Up next...the pit vs F&W the final showdown, new experiences at Epcot and it's almost the end of the trip!

It's Friday and today is the day we finish taking on F&W fest!! Since we'd had a late night, we got a late start! So late that it was close to the breakfast/lunch switch at AP and the line for Mickey waffles did not have a FP so we opted for cereal and bagels. Much shorter lines! Worked out better anyway because we had quite a bit of food and beverage to try at the festival! We arrived at Epcot and once again stopped for a quick pic!

Photo0472FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

We went over to the Land and managed to score FP for Soarin at 4:30pm. We also decided to take a look at the Behind the Seeds Tour as we'd never done it and purchased a time of 3:00pm. Only $30 with our discount! We also stopped to take pics near the Garden Grill display!

691.jpg
[/IMG]

We then took a quick trip to Mars via MS-orange as we made our way to WS. Since our pics with Duffy at MNSSHP didn't turn out, we stopped to see Duffy in his Halloween costume.

Photo0497FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

Now it's time to feed the pit!! We started off Hawii with a pork slider, 7 tiki mai tai for me and a Kona big golden ale for DH. After we finished the slider, we went over to the desserts and champange where we bought the trio of desserts of yogurt panna cotta, lemon custard and dark chocolate mousse. They were all ok, nothing really to write home about...we did get the frozen strawberry quick and we loved that! We then went over to Greece and shared a chicken souvalki that was pretty tasty! Heading toward the bridge, we found our way to France and chowed on coq au vin and a pomegrante kir. Then it was off to New Zealand for a lamb meatball which I thought was gamey, but DH really liked it! We then stepped over to Belgium and chowed on a belgian waffle with a Leffe Blonde for DH and Godiva Liqure iced coffee for me! The pit was starting to fill up and we still had a bit to do, so we tried to walk a bit! Didn't last too long because we showed up to Morocco and split a kefta pocket that was also pretty good. DH had the casa beer and I slurped a mimosa royale. We made our way over to China where I had my favorite festival beverage...They Happy Lychee!! Now that I found a local specialty market sells Lychee syrup, I can make my own at home!! We grabbed pork pot stickers and chicken satay with peanut sauce, all which were VERY good! We also grabbed a lettuce wrap from South Korea along with some blackberry wine. Our final stop was for some vegan chocolate cake and suffice it to say...YUCK! DH made an interesting remark, however, it may be offensive to some so if you want to know...PM me and I'll share it! The pit was thoroughly stuffed and quite frankly, not feeling too hot. It was time for our Behind the Seeds tour so we took the tour. What was very interesting was that DH and I are from northeast Oh and 2 other couples were from cities that are within a short distance from us. One couple was from Shaker and the other from Cleveland. Very cool! On a side note, one of the couples was actually sitting behind us on the plane home, which we didn't realize until we were getting off the plane. We very much enjoyed the tour. It was pretty cool to walk around and see the behind the scenes from the boat ride. Here's a few pics!

730.jpg
[/IMG]

742.jpg
[/IMG]

We also got to hand feed the talapia in the tanks, which are actually quite a bit bigger than they look from the boat ride. The tour was about an hour and we had time to ride the boat and make a quick pit stop before it was time for our last flight on Soarin. After Soarin, we decided that we should probably head home to pick up our last bit of shopping items and start packing up some as we hadn't made a RD the whole time we've been here and I REALLY wanted to make RD at MK in the am! If I only do 1 RD an entire trip, it has to be MK! We got off the bus at Grandstand and walked over to AP to pick up our last bit of shopping then walked back home to CP. We actually did some laundry and got a good bit of packing done. DH was getting hungry (the pit...not so much!) so we agreed to walk over to the Paddock pool for some dinner. The burgers were actually pretty good and a large portions. I really wanted to go over to DTD to ride the hot air balloon, however, DH vetoed that idea because my terrible, horrible blister was really starting to bother me (DH says I was limping...I don't belive him!) so we went back home, put our laundry in the dryer and went down to the CP pool for awhile, which was quite a happening place! After our swim and meeting some new friends and sharing some adult beverage in the hot tub, we went back to our villa, put laundry away and grabbed showers. We actually made it to bed at a reasonable hour (before 11pm). Up next, our last full day at WDW...RD at MK and a very special way to end a trip with a brand new experience!

It's Saturday and our last full day at the world. It's great to be here, but kind of a bummer because I know we have to go back to the "real world" tomorrow! So, as DH promised we got up and made it to MK in time for the opening show and RD!

767.jpg
[/IMG]

792.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo0502FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

After watching the opening show we walked quickly and carefully to our first destination! Ok, we power walked up Main St to Tomorrowland! We rode Space first, grabbed a FP for 10am, took a spin on Buzz and I tried the astro-orbiter. DH won't ride it because he doesn't like heights. I can honestly say, once was enough. I don't what it was, but I just didn't feel safe in one of the starships by myself. We then went to see how Stitch escapes...yes, I know this attraction is awful, but I love Stitch so I overlook the awfulness...and besides...the doughnut guy/gas bag cracks me up! Gotta love Disney potty humor! We stopped to play with Stitch for a few minutes, as he had escaped to Space Mtn. then used our FP for Space!

795.jpg
[/IMG]

804.jpg
[/IMG]
After Space, I promised DH one more ride on the teacups...:sick: and needed a sprite shortly thereafter. Loved those things as a kid...now...not so much! We also took another spin on Dumbo. After Dumbo we ran over and grabbed FP for PP and received a "bonus" for Philharmagic! We saw Philharmagic and grabbed some popcorn. We then went to visit the 999 Happy Haunts one more time and managed to walk on BTMRR. Unfortunately, Splash was down....again....this time there wasn't even any water in the ride. (should have taken a pic...never seen before...Splash without water!) Was bummed about missing our "last ride" on Splash, but oh well. We'll be back! After that disappointment, it was time for another popcorn on the way back to PP. After our trip over Neverland, it was time for the carousel! DH made me pinky swear that if we made RD, it was to the bus stop no later than 1pm because we still had a great deal of packing to do, plus we had to be at Epcot for our evening event and we wanted to leave to go to Epcot by 4. We made our way over to POTC for our "last ride" only to have disaster strike. Ok, not a real disaster, but just before we entered, a CM came out and told us the ride was down and they did not know when it would re-open and CLOSED THE DOOR!!! :scared1: REALLY??? As promised, we got out of line, stopped for Dole Whips and ate those on the way to Casey's for our "last MK meal". We then stopped at the Confectionary to pick up my 3lb Mouse Krispy treat to take home along with my gingerbread cookies. We walked out of the MK gate at exactly 1pm and within a few minutes the SSR bus pulled up and it was time to leave MK for the last time this trip. We finished the packing (what a chore!), showered and cleaned up and headed back out to the bus stop to head to Epcot shortly after 4pm. I begged, pleaded, and heaven knows what else to convince DH to take me to PFTS!! All I can say is...it was totally worth it!!! Unfortunately, I don't have many pics from tonight because I didn't have enough room in my purse to take the camera. If how crowded WS was any indication of what Christmas week looks like, I will gladly pass. I don't think I've ever seen so many people in WS. WOW!! We had stopped at the festival center to enjoy the Chase lounge one last time and to try the Ghiradelli liquid chocolate....all I can say is...I love chocolate and that made me almost :sick:. Yuck! We had decided (since we were children of the 80's) to go ahead and take advantage of reserved seating for the Eat to the Beat. Survivor was tonight and suffice it to say....that was quite scary! During the 10 minute rendition of Eye of the Tiger a group of ladies (at least in their 50's) came running down the center of the aisle to the band and of course they were being chased by Disney security (insert pics of MallCop here) It was more entertaining than the band itself! After Survivor played their whole 5 songs, the concert was over. DH and I ducked into a few shops and since the line to see Pooh and Tigger was short, we stopped to visit them.

Photo0518FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

We also stopped on the bridge for a pic....for once we actually looked nice in a park!

Photo0508FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

We decided since it was so nuts, to just go over to the party center (located between UK and Canada) to get out of the crowds. We arrived and were able to go in and get into line. Words really cannot describe this experience. If you really enjoy food and adult beverage, yes this event is not cheap, but it's definitely worth it! We purchased reserved seating and I'm glad we did. We had early entry which allowed us to get plates full and collect some beverages before, as our new friends called it, the running of the bulls. We met a family in line for reserved seating just ahead and visited with them for the half hour or so before we were allowed in. What was even more interesting...they were actually seated at the table next to us!! It was very cool to have seasoned PFTS vets nearby as I think DH and I had a better experience due the wise words of our new friends! We did not get wine view and for that I'm thankful because 1) it's horribly expensive and 2) there is NO way the pit could have possibly taken advantage of all the extra offerings. We had a great seat right at the base of the stage and awesome view of the Cirque Du Solei performers. We ate and drank and ate and drank and ate and drank until the pit was full and begging for mercy. We sampled wild boar, waguy beef, duck, quail eggs, scallops, florida cobai (made by a chef that is local to Cleveland and was quite cool!), we got to meet Keegan Gearhard, and taste his desserts which was awesome, drank copious amounts of wine, beer and spirits and just generally enjoyed the experience. I would highly recommend that everyone try this once! Of course, the pit paid dearly.....major indigestion that required extra tums once we got back to SSR, but totally worth it. :offtopic: Can't wait for a few years when my new DNiece (due any day now) is old enough to take with my DBro and DSIL....DSIL and The PIT will leave no food or beverage untasted!! We made it back to SSR around 10:30pm and cleaned ourselves up, heavily medicated the pit and went to bed. We have always ended every trip at MK. This was the first time we have not ended a trip at MK, so it was different. It was well worth it though! Up next...I can't believe I let DH talk me into a character breakfast when we know DME is going to be at 10am for our 1pm flight home, heading home and final thoughts!

So, it's time to head home....:( So DH now LOVES the breakfast buffet at Cape May and he comes up with this brilliant idea that if we use cabs...we should be able to make a ressie, eat and make it back to in time for DME. The only ressie I was able to snag was 8:50am...not cool with a 10am pick up time for DME. We decided to get up early at 7am, do what we needed to do and try to get over there early and hopefully get seated early enough to make it back. We didn't have to wait long for bell services and the line for airline check in was short at the time and we able to grab a cab shortly thereafter that put us over to BCV at 8:10am. We were VERY lucky and were seated by 8:20am and the meal did not disappoint! We even had the chance to see a few friends on the way out! DH loves his duck! I took quite a bit of grief from several servers...for some crazy reason they were not Steelers fans...:confused3

808.jpg
[/IMG]

811-1.jpg
[/IMG]

815.jpg
[/IMG]

816.jpg
[/IMG]

817.jpg
[/IMG]

We made it back to SSR at 9:20am, grabbed our massive amounts of junk from bell services (they did try to get us on the 9:30am DME, but it was full) and said our "see you real soons" to our beloved SSR. Next DME arrived at 9:50am and now it's time to say goodbye to our other family....yes, I do have issues. We made it MCO and wandered around a bit. We wandered into the Earport and could not believe our eyes...after all of the searching, we actually found the Pope car from Cars 2. Of course we had to buy it and after some "creative" shuffling, we secured it and then went through security. I couldn't figure out why there were SO many Steelers jerseys....turns out the gate next to ours was the plane back to Pittsburgh! Our flight was uneventful, but we did wind up taking off late so we arrived home a little late. All in all it was a great trip. A little hotter than we'd have liked, but that's ok. Much rather would have heat than cold! We again had plenty of "new" experiences including eating at Kona, the Wave and the Plaza. PFTS was awesome and hopefully we will be able to do that again sometime. We also did the eat to the beat....:scared1: and topped it off with the behind the seeds tour. A great trip and thankfully Christmas is now only 9 days away....only 9 more days to keep the secret trip a secret!! Thank Walt! I will be so happy when I can talk about it!! I was able to secure a ressie at BOG in May so I'm VERY excited about that!!! To all of you have stuck it out, thank you for reading my TR!! Special thanks goes to everyone who took a minute to say hello....the rest of you....hopefully you won't be shy next time!! May everyone have a safe and blessed holiday season!!

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. Let us know how the surprise goes over with DH. Can't wait for your next report! Hope you and the Squatch, I mean DH, have a Merry Christmas!

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. Let us know how the surprise goes over with DH. Can't wait for your next report! Hope you and the Squatch, I mean DH, have a Merry Christmas!

Thank you SSRMonkey! Hope you, Koala, your parents and of course, the evil cat Chloe also have a Merry Christmas! I will post an update on how the Squatch, I mean DH...:rotfl2: likes his surprise!

Just a quick update, DH was VERY suprised with his Christmas surprise trip for SWW in May. He actually was speechless for a minute! He's very excited!! Hope Santa was good to everyone!

Glad the Squatch was surprised and excited! What is SWW? I feel like I should know but can't figure it out. I know it's not Squatch Walking Weekend...

SSRmonkey said:
Glad the Squatch was surprised and excited! What is SWW? I feel like I should know but can't figure it out. I know it's not Squatch Walking Weekend...

Star Wars Weekend, my little Jedi.

Between Reading this report from beginning to end ( which probably took 2 hours...LoL) I watched some of the Steeler Game (Love the shirt b.t.w.) And managed to possibly coax my wife and in laws into a 3rd F&W... But being that we are heading to WDW in April & OC Md in July, & DL in early 2014, I;m thinking what better way to end up then at F&W in Nov. 14...

Great trip Report...Feels like I was actually there:thumbsup2

Between Reading this report from beginning to end ( which probably took 2 hours...LoL) I watched some of the Steeler Game (Love the shirt b.t.w.) And managed to possibly coax my wife and in laws into a 3rd F&W... But being that we are heading to WDW in April & OC Md in July, & DL in early 2014, I;m thinking what better way to end up then at F&W in Nov. 14...

Great trip Report...Feels like I was actually there:thumbsup2

That game was a debacle yesterday. They didn't look much better than the team they were playing! Good luck on convincing your DW that you NEED that F&W trip!! We have DH's SWW trip in May which is 6 days followed by 6 days with our friends (so their DD doesn't miss too much school) in Oct and we are currently debating a 9 day trip in Dec (waiting for DH's vacation schedule to come out) so hopefully, we will manage all 3!!

I have been reading your TR at work over the last few days but I can't post from my work PC! Ugh. LOVE your TR, and your photos are AWESOME!!! I think our favorite time at the parks is during Halloween. You look great in your costumes. Glad you were able to surprise DH with the May trip, we are trying to "squeeze" in a May trip, I have more vacation than DH so he is still trying to figure out how to make it work. It may have to wait until 2014 since we have 2 weeks in October this year. Can't wait to read your next TR, hope you are doing a PTR for your May trip.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter