The Bossy Family Takes on the Mob Wonder 3/1, updated 6/17 Mixology!!!

Excited to hear back from my TA for a quote, OBC and all that :dogdance: I'm looking at next Aug or Sept on the Dream, just a 4 nighter with Bella and her best friend. Tying to cheer Bella up~ she tore her ACL, just found out yesterday, and is getting surgery in about 2 weeks. :crutches:Hopefully my sister and her kids can come with us. They have never been and I love experiencing things through other peoples eyes :magnify:

Hope Bella heals quickly! That is a painful injury from what I have heard.

My DS is already a size 12 shoe at 14. I just buy him a pair of tennis shoes and and a pair of sandals. I am hoping no growth between now and the end of April, but he is on the eating part of the growth pattern. I am guessing I get to buy him longer pants and new shoes for the cruise.

Woohoo I booked my next cruise! Of course I could kick myself for not doing it onboard for the 10% off :headache: Living the Dream Aug 2016 for a 4 nighter. When I go then I will absolutely rebook :teeth:

sea day 4 part 2

I think Cooper was going to see if there was a movie playing. I knew one place he wasn't hanging out... The Edge.

We headed over to Cadillacs down Route 66 and were the first to the party. Ferdi from Indonesia is the head bartender in here and he had 2 princesses princess: princess: helping him. On our tables there were 3 shots each and a plate with limes, oranges, salt and cinnamon. Interesting! The darker shot was a coffee infused tequila. OMG it smelled lovely! The class had maybe 15 people in it and he took our tickets to do a raffle for a free drinkie. Oooh, sign me up!!! :hippie: TIP! I sat facing the window and it was hard to see the people across from me, sit facing the bar if you can!

Ferdi was great and I got a lot out of the class, not just the drinks but the info was interesting. Smart man :teacher: I absolutely loved the tequila with orange and cinnamon, curious combo but hey. It works!

Next were the 2 margaritas. First there was a traditional Margarita which was the prefect amount of sweet n tart. The next is my new Holy Grail drink :worship: the Agave Kiss. Fan. Tas. Tique!

It has Patron Silver, Creme De Cacao, Chambord and cream. It's a beautiful lavender color and the taste? Like a white chocolate covered raspberry!! Heaven :cloud9: I loved the Margarita too, I'm not a fan of sour mix so was super happy to hear that a "real" one has none. BTW note that the above ingredients call for Trople Sec, you'll be looking for that for a long time. Super rare ingredient... You can sub Triple Sec, much easier to find.

After we had our drinks he pulled 5 names from the raffle bowl and I was picked first. Yay me! We could choose what we wanted to make so that was pretty much a no brainer...

I remembered what I needed so got them and Ferdi gave me the measurement thingy aka the metal whatsit you use to pour drinks. I had a little buzz going on so of course I spilled the first ounce. Everyone was laughing and telling me to forget the jig and just hand pour! Put it all in the chilled shaker with ice, did a little shaky shaky :dancer: with a smile then poured it into my glass through the strainer. What a fun and tasty class, definite thumbs up!

Agave kiss? Come to mama!

You are too funny! Having flashbacks…. I may have not been able to quite finish the all the drinks from tequila tasting due to too many real margaritas. The Agave Kiss sounds yummy! Did you have to go have a nap later? I did……. I learned that I liked expensive tequila - can't wait to hear your favorite.

Just caught up with your TR, can't wait for the rest! We are going on our first cruise - a 4 night on the Wonder - in September so I am loving this :) Plus my husband works for UPS as well (a driver) so I can sympathize with those looooonnnnnngggg December shifts!

Great updates! I definitely feel your pain on the teenage boy growth spurts! I swear it felt like my boys would grow a shoe size a week lol. The tequila tasting looks excellent we are cruising in May I'm definitely going to look for that! Sorry to hear about Bella's injury hopefully the cruise cheered Her up!

You are too funny! Having flashbacks…. I may have not been able to quite finish the all the drinks from tequila tasting due to too many real margaritas. The Agave Kiss sounds yummy! Did you have to go have a nap later? I did……. I learned that I liked expensive tequila - can't wait to hear your favorite.

There was one drink that was $55 PER SHOT! Isn't that nuts! I definitely caught a buzz but didn't hit my limit, surprisingly!

Just caught up with your TR, can't wait for the rest! We are going on our first cruise - a 4 night on the Wonder - in September so I am loving this :) Plus my husband works for UPS as well (a driver) so I can sympathize with those looooonnnnnngggg December shifts!

:welcome: Are you going on the Dream? UPS, ugh
Great updates! I definitely feel your pain on the teenage boy growth spurts! I swear it felt like my boys would grow a shoe size a week lol. The tequila tasting looks excellent we are cruising in May I'm definitely going to look for that! Sorry to hear about Bella's injury hopefully the cruise cheered Her up!

Which cruise are you doing in May? I just read your report, love it! She tore the ACL completely and partial tears of cartilage and MCL about a week after we got back. Surgery is next Wed, she's ready to just heal!

1st of all, don't mind my ticker. I haven't updated it... we had to cancel it, but we ARE booked for Disney Wonder in October for Baja Mexico out of San Diego. I hope to change my ticker soon. We live in the Los Angeles area. We will drive to San Diego so NO AIRFARE!!! Whoo-hoo!

OK, here goes! I have LOVED reading your TR! I was very intrigued by your TR title. You have a beautiful family, btw! We went on Disney Wonder October 2012 when it was still sailing out of Los Angeles. Our 2nd cruise was on Disney Fantasy June 2013 for a Western Caribbean itinerary.

Here's my thoughts on your TR:
1) I have really loved your enthusiasm for your own excitement as well as for your family members. I'm the same way.
2) That was so interesting about your MOB story. I had to share it with the family.
3) DH has loved the alcohol tastings in the past. I rarely drink alcohol & when I do it's usually a margarita or another type of fruity sweet drink. Next time I may join one tasting just for the fun of it.
4) We LOVE PALO!!! We actually prefer the brunch over dinner. In the past, we've done 2 brunches and 1 dinner. Next time is only a 5 day cruise with 2 sea days so we will only do 2 brunches. I've loved the dinner just for the chocolate souffle alone. In 2012, we ALSO had Tony from Croatia!!! I had to show your pic of him to DH. We really liked him.
5) I loved your FE gifts. My DD (7 1/2) especially liked your manicure sets that you gave the girls (I think she wanted it for herself!).
6) On our next cruise, we are actually booked in 2114. How was the ocean's movement? Could you hear a lot of the engine noises?
7) I can't wait to finally try Cove Café for their coffees and little treats! Did you ever try them?
8) DD LOVED your DD's experiences on the dolphin encounter. She says she wants to do it!

Whew! Sorry... that was a lot!
Keep the TR coming! Really enjoying it!

A quick IRL update~ Bella had surgery last Wed for her torn ACL & MCL. They also went in arthroscopically to check cartilage but thankfully that was fine. She stayed overnight so they could monitor her and give IV pain meds.

Here's a shot a few days after the tear, Pierre said her knee looked pregnant with new little baby knees

She asked her Dr if she could write on her other leg and he gave her the go ahead. She wanted to make sure he had the right knee. And gave everyone a good laugh! :rotfl2:

Mom the room is spinning :dance3: and I can't stop giggling

Afterwards it was quite a while before we could go into recovery because they were trying to manage her pain level. The nurse asked the Dr if Bella could get a nerve block for the whole leg but he said no, apparently he had a patient her age that got it and had a very difficult recovery so he won't do them. We could finally go in and she was out of it, got a bit choked up and teary seeing her in pain and all hooked up and wired up to machines. The nurse was super nice and let Pierre switch out with my sister who came to see her but had to go to work. She swapped places with my mom who drove down from Maine. After a bit we headed up to her room. It was a really tough afternoon and she was overwhelmed by it all. My other sister and best friend came to visit and Bella's boyfriend stopped by with flowers for her, so sweet.

She was not a happy camper but her room nurse was awesome, she was younger as was the OT girl. Most of the patients in the joint ward are elderly and Bella is considered a pediatric patient. Bella's 2 best friends came to visit and brought her a sign from the softball team, who won their first game that day!

The next morning she worked with the OT and the PT had her doing the stairs. Luckily she's good with the crutches :crutches: because she used them for 3 weeks before the surgery.

So she's 5 days post op now and managing everything fairly well. The OT recommended that I get a small plastic lawn chair for the shower, good call! Don't want to risk slipping, right?! Here's a pic from last night. Some swelling but very little bruising. Proper PT starts on Thurs

1st of all, don't mind my ticker. I haven't updated it... we had to cancel it, but we ARE booked for Disney Wonder in October for Baja Mexico out of San Diego. I hope to change my ticker soon. We live in the Los Angeles area. We will drive to San Diego so NO AIRFARE!!! Whoo-hoo!

OK, here goes! I have LOVED reading your TR! I was very intrigued by your TR title. You have a beautiful family, btw! We went on Disney Wonder October 2012 when it was still sailing out of Los Angeles. Our 2nd cruise was on Disney Fantasy June 2013 for a Western Caribbean itinerary.

Here's my thoughts on your TR:
1) I have really loved your enthusiasm for your own excitement as well as for your family members. I'm the same way.
2) That was so interesting about your MOB story. I had to share it with the family.
3) DH has loved the alcohol tastings in the past. I rarely drink alcohol & when I do it's usually a margarita or another type of fruity sweet drink. Next time I may join one tasting just for the fun of it.
4) We LOVE PALO!!! We actually prefer the brunch over dinner. In the past, we've done 2 brunches and 1 dinner. Next time is only a 5 day cruise with 2 sea days so we will only do 2 brunches. I've loved the dinner just for the chocolate souffle alone. In 2012, we ALSO had Tony from Croatia!!! I had to show your pic of him to DH. We really liked him.
5) I loved your FE gifts. My DD (7 1/2) especially liked your manicure sets that you gave the girls (I think she wanted it for herself!).
6) On our next cruise, we are actually booked in 2114. How was the ocean's movement? Could you hear a lot of the engine noises?
7) I can't wait to finally try Cove Café for their coffees and little treats! Did you ever try them?
8) DD LOVED your DD's experiences on the dolphin encounter. She says she wants to do it!

Whew! Sorry... that was a lot!
Keep the TR coming! Really enjoying it!

:welcome: Thank you so much! I wish one of the boats would go from NYC or Boston so I can ditch the airfare and hotel, maybe one day! The tasting classes were so fun, I would def recommend it to you! Palo is so lovely, I've never done brunch though. I'll put it on my list for the future. How funny that you had Tony as well! I got the nail decals from Etsy, so super cheap too! I honestly didn't feel much movement the entire cruise. I liked that we were near the elevators and BBB however I don't know what was above us but at night/early morning it sounded like someone was pushing furniture around. No one else said anything and I'm a super light sleeper so maybe it won't be an issue? OR it could be that they were refurbing rooms above us?? The dolphin swim was def Bella's favorite! 100% worth it!

Hoping to update later today now that Bella is on the mend!

Thanks for the update on Bella's surgery, glad everything went well!! Looks like she's already a pro on those crutches as well, good for her! Seems like nothing will keep her down, atta girl!

Oh wow loving your report! On my phone, so my comments will be brief, but I love all the detail on two of my favorite things - food and booze oh yeah!

We are on the fantasy in less than a month and can't wait, your report is totally helping on the excitement !

Poor Bella! I totally feel for her! I'm 8 weeks post op ankle surgery #2, and have just got off the crutches and into the boot- I hope she recovers quick and I loved her leg drawings! My surgeon actually signed the ankle he was working on pre-op! How awesome of her friends to come right away too !

Hey girl!!!!!!! I am so glad you told me about the TR!!!! Oh my gosh, I am so jealous of Bella swimming with the dolphins. And what the heck!!!! When did your babies get so grown!!!!!! They are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

So glad that Bella came through OK and is starting to fell better. The signs were cute!

OMG I'm such a slacker!!! Work has been super busy on top of Bella recovering, Cooper having strep for 5 weeks due to being allergic to Amoxicillin and Pierre having a bunch of diabetic reactions due to a new med.....thankfully I'm all good! I'm waiting for a flight to Hershey PA, doing a show there and staying at Hershey Lodge. Lemme tell ya.... There better be chocolates on my pillow!
Thanks for the update on Bella's surgery, glad everything went well!! Looks like she's already a pro on those crutches as well, good for her! Seems like nothing will keep her down, atta girl!
Go, Bella! Hope she heals swiftly. Thanks for letting us know.
She is doing fantastic, the scar looks amazing and she's only 3 weeks post op. Well impressed :worship: She had a setback yesterday though, fell on wet grass and landed on her knee so I need to take her in to see the doc just to make sure all is good!
Oh wow loving your report! On my phone, so my comments will be brief, but I love all the detail on two of my favorite things - food and booze oh yeah!

We are on the fantasy in less than a month and can't wait, your report is totally helping on the excitement !

Poor Bella! I totally feel for her! I'm 8 weeks post op ankle surgery #2, and have just got off the crutches and into the boot- I hope she recovers quick and I loved her leg drawings! My surgeon actually signed the ankle he was working on pre-op! How awesome of her friends to come right away too !
That's so cool! Hope you took pics of his signature lol! So jel of you going so soon :love1: Lucky girl!
Hey girl!!!!!!! I am so glad you told me about the TR!!!! Oh my gosh, I am so jealous of Bella swimming with the dolphins. And what the heck!!!! When did your babies get so grown!!!!!! They are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
Same with your lil babes! Both the kids are taller than me, can't believe it. The dolphin swim was definitely Bella's favorite thing!
So glad that Bella came through OK and is starting to fell better. The signs were cute!
Thanks A! She only took meds for a week, sooo happy about that! Her friends were so sweet to do that, they've all been so supportive, it awesome!

So just attempted to update but Photobucket is a blocked domain from the airport wifi?? Alrighty then, will update later today!

Animators Palate!:smickey:

The night the kids have been waiting for, Animators Palate. I guess it was also a semi formal dress up night. At least according to Bella. We prettied up and walked to AP, love that restaurant!

There must have been a little glitch in the system because once they started the show they stopped and restarted. Our waiter had asked after our second dinner if there was anything that could be done better or differently and I didn't want to be rude but he asked in about three different ways... I said we wanted our drinks faster, it took 30+ mins both times and the food was super slow. I like to have a drink before my food, amiright?!?! :confused3

I got a really delicious blueberry slushie alcohol drink for Pierre and I to share.

For my starter I wanted to try the pursettes. I've always read people raving about them and even though I don't particularly like pasta or cream I figured I'd have at least a bite. Very impressed, even Cooper tried and liked it.

Pierre got smoked salmon tartar (I think) I did not like my arugula salad but the cider dressing was pretty great.

Bella tried my roasted red snapper and she actually liked it.

I told them they had to try one new thing each day. My kids are like Life's Mikey, they like hardly anything. Bella had spaghetti and meatballs EVERYDAY.

Kerry Sean stopped by and I took a pic of him and Cooper. Finally he smiles!!! :thumbsup2

MOM you're so annoying!!!

He told Cooper he needed to order a mans meal like steak. So he can build up those muscles with the protein!

Apparently Pdawg got steak as well!

Dessert time! And Sorcerer Mickey!

Pierre and I both got the MakeYourOwnPie. Tasty. They were able to make Bella a glowing dairy free mango parfait and the 'cream' so damn good!

Happy campers!

We asked a few times what brand it was but don't think we ever got an answer. So I can add red snapper and mangos to her list... Coop got the cookies and cream sundae, loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter