The Boathouse....are side dishes included?

Disney*Enthusiast

Earning My Ears
We are dining at The Boathouse during our next trip. We are on the dining plan and understand that it requires 2 Table Service Credits. I noticed that side dishes need to be purchased separately from the entree. Has anyone dined there on the DP yet that can tell me if a side is included? I can't see paying 2 credits for a steak that is served all by itself.

Thanks!

It depends on the dish. My stuffed lobster came with asparagus. The side orders are sized for sharing. Your server will be able to tell you what is included in each dish. DH had a wonderful scallop dish served over fabulous jalepeno grits. We did not leave hungry!!!

We are eating dinner at the Boathouse on Dec 21st, 2015. We have the Deluxe dining plan and I had assumed the sides were extra and more family style sized, but I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the entrees or appetizers are excluded? ( I figure the $100 caviar is lol) I had heard for example Fulton's excludes lobster, and my DH has his eye on the lobster appetizer. Also, with the menu being divided " Raw Bar, Launch, and Field day" are those three catagories considered appetizers? Anyone who has dined here with the deluxe plan any input would be so very appreciated! Thank you in advance, everyone is always so helpful on this forum!

Bumping this ... cause I want to know too. We're on the DP (2 credits), not the DDP and will be going for lunch, not dinner - but seriously considering changing restaurants if what we want is going to be excluded from the plan. Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Bumping this ... cause I want to know too. We're on the DP (2 credits), not the DDP and will be going for lunch, not dinner - but seriously considering changing restaurants if what we want is going to be excluded from the plan. Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure which plan you are on.

There is the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) that includes 1 Quick Service, 1 Table Service, and 1 snack credit per person per night. The TS credit includes an entree, dessert and standard non-alcoholic beverage at lunch and dinner. At breakfast there is no dessert component.

If you are on the Deluxe Dining Plan (DxDDP) you have 3 dining credits and 2 snack credits per person per night. The dining credits can be used at either table service or quick service venues. At TS restaurants it includes an appetizer, entree, dessert and standard non-alcoholic beverage at lunch and dinner.

The Boathouse is a signature restaurant so any meal will require 2 TS credits (or 2 DxDDP credits) per person whether you are there for lunch or dinner. Also any item listed "For 2" would require 2 diners' credits.

On the dining plan the entree includes everything that is listed in the description of the entree. Some of The Boathouse entrees include Grilled Asparagus so that would be part of the entree. However, farther down on the menu is a list of "Sides" with price points. These are not included on the dining plan and would have to be paid OOP if ordered.

You can search the Disney Dining Reviews forum to see if anyone has posted a review that answers your question about the dishes you are interested in or contact The Boathouse through their website.

On the dining plan the entree includes everything that is listed in the description of the entree. Some of The Boathouse entrees include Grilled Asparagus so that would be part of the entree. However, farther down on the menu is a list of "Sides" with price points. These are not included on the dining plan and would have to be paid OOP if ordered.

This is the key piece of information, if it is listed in the entree description it is included, if it isn't then it isn't.

So for Cedar planked salmon it comes with Frisee, roasted wild mushrooms, petite green beans, grape tomatoes. If you want a potato then you pay for it OOP.

But for a steak it appears from the menu at All Ears (http://allears.net/dining/menu/the-boathouse/dinner) updated this month, that steaks only come with sauce.

So if you really want steak you might be better off at Yachtsman (http://allears.net/dining/menu/yachtsman-steakhouse/dinner) as their Fillet comes with potato, but is still two DDP credits. But if paying cash the Filet at Yachtsman is $10 more expensive but you could add potato tothe Boathouse steak for $7 making it $3 cheaper than Yachtsman with potato. Or got to Paridiso 37 (I've never eaten there, just looked at the menu http://allears.net/dining/menu/paradiso-37/lunch-dinner) and have a three course fillet steak meal for $37 or one dining plan credit!

Basically, if paying with dining plan credits the boathouse may not be good value.

I understand that if an item is for two we would essentially have to use 4 dining credits for the item. My interest is that as a deluxe plan holder, I know the items under launch and field day would be considered appetizers and thus included. What I don't know is if items at the top of the menu under raw bar are included and if they are if any are excluded. I looked under reviews and have not seen any that mention the dining plan. Thanks though!

Not sure which plan you are on.

There is the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) that includes 1 Quick Service, 1 Table Service, and 1 snack credit per person per night. The TS credit includes an entree, dessert and standard non-alcoholic beverage at lunch and dinner. At breakfast there is no dessert component.

If you are on the Deluxe Dining Plan (DxDDP) you have 3 dining credits and 2 snack credits per person per night. The dining credits can be used at either table service or quick service venues. At TS restaurants it includes an appetizer, entree, dessert and standard non-alcoholic beverage at lunch and dinner.

The Boathouse is a signature restaurant so any meal will require 2 TS credits (or 2 DxDDP credits) per person whether you are there for lunch or dinner. Also any item listed "For 2" would require 2 diners' credits.

You can search the Disney Dining Reviews forum to see if anyone has posted a review that answers your question about the dishes you are interested in or contact The Boathouse through their website.

My bad ... had my abbreviations confused. I was asking as a DDP holder, not a DxDDP. Still wondering if anyone knows of any items, or menu sections that are off limits. Anyone?

My bad ... had my abbreviations confused. I was asking as a DDP holder, not a DxDDP. Still wondering if anyone knows of any items, or menu sections that are off limits. Anyone?

I'm pretty sure this has been answered. You can order any entree, except that items for two must be shared for double the number of credits.

So my husband and I can order the surf and turf for 2? It's a $135 entree. Or I can get the $115 rib chop? Even using 4 credits that's a good deal. I am on the DxDDP, so if I add drink, app and dessert its's easily a $200 meal. Does anyone know if steak or lobster is excluded?

Last edited:
So my husband and I can order the surf and turf for 2? It's a $135 entree. Or I can get the $115 rib chop? Even using 4 credits that's a good deal. I am on the DxDDP, so if I add drink, app and dessert its's easily a $200 meal. Does anyone know if steak or lobster is excluded?
The $135 entree would use four credits on the DDP. So equivalent to a $67 entree each, that's in line with the highest price entrees at other signatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter