The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
grumpyandbashful Ap rate I would change to the BWI. I have stayed the BC concierge and while I enjoyed it I much prefer the BWI. The deluxe concierge rooms are very big. They have 2 queen beds and a queensize sleep sofa. They are all BW views and just awesome. I have 2 booked for Oct. In all my times staying there I have never encountered any smoking odor. I never noticed if the rooms are somking optional. The evne numbered rooms are garden view and the odd numbers are BW view. We had room 4232 one time and the location was perfect. My son and his wife had 4223 and it was over near the ESPN club.
You will not regret changing your reservations!

As KerryCM said, the deluxe concierge rooms are wonderful. I don't know about the smoking issue, as I've never smelled any smoke. My fiance is a smoker, but does not smoke inside the room EVER. Note that the regular concierge rooms are the same size as standard rooms at the resort. You definitely can't go wrong with the BWI, especially concierge.

grumpyandbashful...I have stayed at both CLs and the BWI CL blows the BC CL away! Even the rooms are above par at the BWI. the BWI CL is a more intimate and hospitable lounge that completely pampers you and your family!
Plus, I can't imagine a bad view there!

I also have floor plans of the concierge deluxe rooms and others that were given to me from the CL managers.

give me a couple of more days to download everything and you'll have a link to these soon! ::yes::

Like Kerry and Cinderella37 said....you can't go wrong and you won't regret changing your reservations~!

:wave2:

. . .but have to decide whether to shell out the extra bucks!! We have a standard room reserved at the BC. My youngest DS is really set on the BC, but if the extra space makes it more liveable for the 5 of us, including 3 teens :-)eek:), then I might switch. I was going for the larger room, as well as the concierge service.
I have read about the midday and later offerings - what is available at breakfast?

Thanks again - g & b

Breakfast offerings include: juices, coffee, tea, pastries, donuts, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, toast, English muffins (a very full continental breakfast).

To put things in perspective, we have been spoiled by AKL concierge, which we adore :teeth:. But - we want the Epcot area this trip. In order to pay for BWI concierge, I would need some persuasion!
We love the great food available almost all day at AKL.
Are water and soda (esp. Diet Coke!!) available at BWI all day long?? DH and myself are Diet Coke addicts.

Yes, water and soda (Diet Coke included) are available all day. If it isn't out, just ask a concierge CM and they will be happy to get it for you.

Ther are always snacks and drinks available. If you don't see what you want, just ask and it will appear. The breakfast is my favorite. the chocolate croissants are so yummy. the patries all come from the bakery on the BW. If you ahve special diet needs let the cast know. My son is a diabetic and they had sugar free muffins, sugar free chocolate coverd strawberries and cheesecakes for him. These were kept in the concierge kitchen and could have them any time. They were just wonderful to him.
I am so looking forward to my trip back. You will not regret your choice.

Originally posted by grumpyandbashful
To put things in perspective, we have been spoiled by AKL concierge, which we adore :teeth:. But - we want the Epcot area this trip. In order to pay for BWI concierge, I would need some persuasion!
We love the great food available almost all day at AKL.
Are water and soda (esp. Diet Coke!!) available at BWI all day long?? DH and myself are Diet Coke addicts.

Yes, I know you are one of us AKL CL fans, grumpyandbashful!
Remember spring 2001, when we were all waiting for those summer APs to come out for the AKL concierge????!

You will love this CL.....they'll spoil you like the castmembers at AKL CL....I PROMISE!::yes::

Total newbie to BWI. Just booked 2 nights on the Concierge level with an AP rate. Hope it's not a mistake for just 2 nights, after 3 nights at GF (lagoon view).
Any tips on what to request re. view?

The day we check in is my niece's 6th birthday...:Pinkbounc

You will not regret it at all!!! Do you have a waterview room booked? If so then you will have a bW view. The garden view rooms are of the quite pool and is equally as nice. I usually have one of these rooms. Make sure you let them know it is your niece's birthday. When you check in at the Innkeeper's Club, if it after 2, ask for either Jackie, Robin or Scott and tell them your niece's favorite character. They will make sure she has a surprise in the room. They will also do balloons. Last year for my grandaughter's 1st birthday they had the best sugar free cake, my son is diabetic, for her. You will love it there! Have fun.

Thanks so much Kerry! I will take your advice princess:
When I booked the room last night, there was no mention of room type - other than CL...My AP rate was $340 - would that mean GV Concierge? Thanks~

.Sounds like you may have gotten the BW view for that price.You really are going to like it so much. The cast of the Innkeeper's Club are so wonderful they have become very good friends of my family. They make us feel so welcome and they do it for everyone When are you going?

Again - thanks for the info...whatever view I got I am sure we will like (hopefully all CL views are nice).
We will be there July 24th and 25th - I hate that it is only 2 nights but we will be taking it easy so hopefully it won't fly by (yeah, right:p ) The 24th is DN's birthday. The girls are doing the Pirate Cruise at GF that morning and we will just check out early and have our bags moved (I guess, either that or a cab), take them to the Marina for their cruise...hit the GF Spa
princess: princess: , pick the girls up and head for the BWI! Ooooh, I cannot wait! I am going to PRAY for our room to be ready by 12:30pm.
Well, thanks so much! Any other advice would be very welcomed;)

I read at allears.net that there is a continental breakfast at the belle vue room. Is it available to all guests or is this just for concierege?

The Bellevue Lounge is for everyone - and, I assume, you order and pay for items off a menu...
Concierge guests have the use of the Innkeeper's Club and lounge which has the continental b'fast and snack offerings daily as part of the concierge "experience"...Hope someone who knows more can give some details on Bellevue Lounge :earsgirl:

The water views do not have Epcot views, so you will need a garden view, and specify in your ressie that you would like a view of Epcot. This is what we did and watch the "top" of Illuminations from our balcony every night we were in the room at 9:00.

We overlooked the garden suites and a beautiful courtyard, and beyond that was the eiffel tower and the rest of World Showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter