The Big White Glove?

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
Ive seen the big white glove been mentioned in some trip reports and im not sure what it is, can someone help?

I presume that Mikey waves when you disembark but i didnt see it as i was too busy dancing on deck.

Anymore info?

Thanks

Emma

Cast members wearing big white gloves will wave goodbye when leaving both Port Canaveral and Castaway Cay.

When we went in May the ones at the port were 3 women and two men and had a routine going where they not only waved, but blew kisses etc. At Castaway Cay there were four men that showed up by golf cart right as we were leaving and took out the gloves to wave at us.

We think it is cute. Anyone going on the May 11th sailing can look for us on shore. We are getting in a day early for our May 12th sailing on the Wonder and play to wave to Magic as it goes by. Maybe we'll even be able to find those big white gloves before we get there and will wave with those.

I've seen those big white gloves for sale...I think it was at Downtown Disney.
In addition to watching the crew at Port Canaveral wave good-bye, I like watching all the people at the campground/beach right before you pass the land and are out in the open ocean. When the weather is nice, there are always lots of people there waving to the ship.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I think it's great. Going on a cruise is a big deal. And lots of people have this picture in their minds of there being lots of people onshore waving and wishing you <i>bon voyage</i>. But by the time the ship sails, the only people left at the terminal are terminal staff. And from way up on Decks 9 and 10, they look pretty tiny. But you can definitely see them waving when they're wearing those big, white Mickey gloves. Definitely a nice touch.

We pack our big white gloves in our carry on so we can wave back at the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!