The Best Picture of VWL

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
Where can I find some great pictures of VWL? It is the only DVC that we have never been to and everyone seems to rave about it. When I look at the pictures on DVC's website and those don't seem to do it the justice that everyone talks about.

I am trying to find the appeal that everyone is talking about. Help me please understand what's so special about this DVC.

Although some pics are certainly better than others, I've yet to see one that does it true justice.

You just gotta go see it! :drinking:

MG

Here are a few we took in Dec 2001.

8759Tree-VWL-6web-med.jpg

8759View-VWL-2web-med.jpg

View from our balcony

8759Main-Lodgeweb-med.jpg

8759DVC-Treeweb-med.jpg

8759Elevators-_1web1-med.jpg

8759Villas-Tree-from-aboveweb-med.jpg

While Olaf's pictures are beautiful, they are a bit deciving in that they are of the Wilderness Lodge, not the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge (the DVC side). Yes you do check in at the same location so you would be in that lobby, and you share the amenites of the Main Lodge, it is not the same.

As Maistre Gracey stated you have to go and see it to do it justice. VWL just has something... The pictures are good, but you don't get the vibe. Here is a link to Deb's site. It has lots of pictures of the rooms, the atrium (entrance) area, the Iron Spike room, etc around the actual Villa building.

www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_wlv.htm

Thanks Olaf for adding those last 3 photos of the lobby at VWL. Those are great with the Christmas Tree. I love the place even more at Christmas time :)

I'm not sure that you can really capture VWL in pictures. It's not possible to capture the mood and feeling.

We used to stay at WL and then acquired a VWL because we love it so much.

Other DVC resorts are nice, but at least for us, they don't have the same feeling.

Walking through the property and smelling the trees. Having a cup of coffee in the quiet of the early morning either on a rocker on the front porch or one's balcony and looking at the trees and listening to the birds.

Walking through the lobby or the walkway to VWL and that music!

Getting off a short boat ride from the noise and crowds of MK and having everything just melt away.

It really does have to be seen and experienced to do it justice.

LisaS just pasted this web site "www.disneyvacationclub.com" on a previous thread. She said click on "see our resorts" and the virtual tour of the BWV Grand Villa was awesome. They have all the resorts, so try it.

It does appear that the last three pictures are VWL, and the first three are WL.

All are part of the experience! :drinking:

PS- I agree with iankh... The music alone is worth visiting. I get mad at my wife if she talks as we walk through the VWL atrium. I can't hear the music when she is yapping! :teeth:

MG

Actually, there are only two there that were taken in the Wilderness Lodge Lobby. The picture from the balcony was a 1-bedroom in the Villas. It's all the same to me--HOME!!!

Thanks for posting the pictures Olaf!

I have seen the pictures of VWL on Allears and I don't think that they are of the best quality so it makes it harder to get a real feel for the resort. I know that this may not sound right to some of you, but I can get a better feel for VWL through Olaf' pictures of the lobby because they are of similar quality pcitures that my camera takes.

And thank you DJ for the link to the video. I don't think that I have seen that episode yet.

In any case, we are going to WDW in October so we are going to go over and check out the VWL then. And we have tentatively decided to try for a 2bdrm there for a couple of days after our cruise in 2007. Yes, 2007 :crazy: I am the consumate planner :)

I think the main problem with caputuring the feeling of VWL is that you cannot capture all of your senses from one picture.

When you walk in the lobby, it smells like a lodge, you hear wonderful music, and you see a beautiful view.

This is impossible to capture in a picture.

The same goes for the AKL.

You really cannot describe how you feel once you walk in the lobby because there is so much missing from the picture.

You just have to experience it to understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter