• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The best part (s) about when we get in shape will be.....

Papa Deuce

<font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla
Without getting all "medical"....

1. More energy to play with my kids.

2. My pants won't be pushed down by my stomach so that I have perpetual "contractor's crack".

3. Better sex..... according to Dr. Ruth, each 30 pounds gone = about 1 inch " gained ". :hyper: :)

4. Self confidence increased

5. How my family will look at me....... last week my 3 y.o. told me I was "big and fat"...... that really hurt. After she saw the look on my face she apologized and said she would never say anything like that again. She was just teasing but it really hurt. I don't want her to have a reason to ever say that again, kidding or not.

Add your thoughts!

1. Making my dh proud of me, and not ashamed to be seen with me. (not that he says anything bad, but he "has" to be ashamed of me! :( )

2. My dd not being embarrassed by having an overweight mom, and kids picking on her. (she's only 3 now, but I just have a fear of that!)

3. Just being happy and knowing that I am in control! :sunny:

Well I'm already down 85 pounds and loving the results I'm experiencing so far! I still have another 50 to go but these are some of the things I love and/or are looking forward to:

1) shopping in regular stores - no more Lane Bryant for me!!! I can pretty much go anywhere and find stylish clothes;

2) feeling more attractive - nothing beats passing a mirror and thinking to yourself that that person in the window is attractive and realizing it's you!

3) family pride - I can't believe (because they never would dsay when I was heavier) how proud my family is of me. All my life my Dad has called me "baby girl" while he called my thin sisters "pretty girls". Now he calls me pretty girl. It's flattering and a bit saddening at the same time. There are other examples but I won't list them here. Suffice it to say, everyone in my family is just thrilled for me and they are very supportive. A side note: DH says I didn't have to lose weight for him because he would have loved me no matter what size I am, isn't that sweet?

4) I have to agree with the control issue - I love feeling like I'm in control of what I eat and how and when I exercise and no longer feeling like a victim. It is a feeling of such freedom and means as much to me as the number on the scale!

1. Being able to climb the stairs to my apartment without huffing and puffing.

2. Being able to fit into my clothes that haven't fit since before I had my daughter.

3. Being able to chase after my daughter without getting tired.

4. Defientely with disneyfan my daughter does not need to be embarassed by me.

I'm loving it.

* being able to try on a pair of jeans in the size I expect to wear and not be discouraged when they are just too tight ( I did it today and needed to get ONE SIZE SMALLER!!)

* being physically stronger and being able to cut time of my miles per hour( for the WDW Marathon in Jan.)

* no craving or heartburn anymore

* sleeping soundly through the night and full energy everyday

* ahhh-- the libedo

*the statements from my teenage daughters that show me they are proud of me wihich means I am a good role model to them.

* being able to say no and mean it
I could go on and on!!!

After losing 50 lbs I have already started to reap the benefits of losing weight and I must say I have become a total shopaholic! There's nothing like walking in a store and being able to wear anything. I love being able to go in Victoria's Secret for example and not feel like the clerks are looking at me thinking I "shouldn't" be even trying to shop there. I really hated that feeling. I know my husband loves me just the way I am - he's always told me that and I know he means it :) but I do want him to be proud of me and for me to be proud of myself. ::yes:: My immediate family is thin and I've always felt self conscious especially on my last visit at my highest weight and I can't wait to surprise them with the "new" me. Feeling completely in control - getting to my goal will be further proof that I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to! Great Thread!

The number one thing for me is to be able to go into a store and not have to look for a size 18 or 16 or 14 and be able to grab a size 12 or size 10 and KNOW that it will fit me without having to squeeze into it and try and stretch them out.... I want to be able to walk in shorts and not have it ride up on my thighs... I want to be able to shop with my friends and not have to go to another department to find clothes that fit... I want to be able to pass by a mirror and smile at myself... and my ultimate goal is to be able to wear a pair of leather pants and look good:smooth: before my 40th birthday (2 years, 3 months)

I know that I am the only guy posting in this thread, but a lot of you women are clothes obsessed! I don't mean that in a mean way, but look at the posts...

I wear jeans, sweatshirts.....all casual, all the time, and I imagine it will be the same if I get to the weight I want to be.

The "externals" are the least of what I think will be improved if I reach goal, and certainly the least important.

Just one man's .02 on a board dominated by women.:teeth:

Another Guy here and I think it will be nice to not need to pay the "big and tall" Surcharge.

Being able to go to any ride and any amusement park and not wondering "Will I Fit" (Although Disney has been very good at accomidating a wide variety of body sizes.)

Having more energy. Even now I can go walk farther than before without getting winded.

Originally posted by johde
Being able to go to any ride and any amusement park and not wondering "Will I Fit" (Although Disney has been very good at accomidating a wide variety of body sizes.)

Having just come back from Disney 2 weeks ago, I definitely had those concerns too.

Okay, if you guys think we're clothes obsessed - I'll give you a good one!

***I won't have bigger bumps on my back than on my front! - no bra strap bulge!

* Feeling & being healthier than I have in YEARS! :sunny:

* Not having to make DH slow down for me when we are walking because I can't keep up. :moped:

* Being able to fit through the turnstiles & get on/off the trams at WDW easily! ::yes::

* Greater self confidence & self esteem :teeth:

* Yes, another woman who feels good about being able to buy normal sized clothes! :tongue:

For me, it's no more achy knees and being able to walk without pain in my thighs. After losing the first 20 pounds, my stamina really improved.

Also, realizing I have great will power and control. I feel much more confident in my everyday life.

Nancy

* No more back fat

* My husband will be proud of me

* So will my son

* I'll be able to buy the "cute" clothes--no more old lady fat clothes (why don't they make the larger sizes in the cutest styles?)

* I won't cringe when I see a photograph of myself

* No more swimsuits with skirts

* It will drive my sister crazy (she's always been the thin, pretty one ) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter