****The April 2015 thread**** come check in and chat!

I am going to California Adventure on April 17th, my daughter's drill team is performing. Any idea how crowded it will be on that day? Thanks!
FWIW, Touring plans has that day as a 7 out of 10 for the crowd index. I know the Star Wars convention will be underway and that might increase crowds in the evening.

I have my reservations all set. Anyone see anything wrong with any of these? (I'm just winging it)

Sunday 4/19: fantasmic meal at river belle
Tuesday 4/21: character breakfast at PCH
Friday 4/24: birthday lunch at blue bayou
Those plans look great!! :dogdance:

16 days! I'm going crazy! :D

I'm at 26 days. By 16 I probably won't be able to sleep. It is really amazing how people react differently. I have friends who go and it's just not a big deal to them. I even have 1 coworker who took her 12 year old daughter and not her 8 year old son. I was horrified. For me this is the absolute trip of a lifetime. It is a HUGE deal.

20 days for us! I can't wait!
And to kill time before that, I have 10 days until a trip to Hawaii. It's just my daughter and myself, plus her cheer team and other parents. It's our first trip to Hawaii and really short (Thursday-Monday).

It's weird, I'm much more excited about going to Disneyland!! :)

I still have to decide the best way to get to the airport. I'm thinking drive and leave the car in long term, but I'm not sure I can handle getting the luggage to the shuttle with my mobility issues. But, I also don't want to hopscotch all over town on Super Shuttle. Pondering....

Looks like we are taking the kids for 3 days the last week of April...tues 28th- Thurs 30th. Looks like we're staying at the GC (our first time) and we just booked our character dining (also our first time)

Jeeze. Now we gotta wait forever. Lol

What's crazy to me is a lot of hotels are showing booked. I thought late April was a slower time

19 days!

I know I tried to add a night at the tropicana and it's totally booked on either end of our trip. Now I'm worried it will be BUSY! We decided yesterday to book Fantasmic Dinner at RBT. I still might change to BB. We have never eaten there in all our trips and it might be a good idea to do it while we still have our AP discount. Or maybe we'll wait until our trip this summer and see how we feel about doing Fantasmic again then. I really pressured my kids to skip it this time since we saw it last August and we just saw it at WDW in January, but the younger one was insistent on seeing it again so he could compare the two while it was still fresh in his mind. LOL!

And we're still trying to decide about adding a day at Knotts to the end. We've never done that either. My 10 yo really wants to but my 12 yo doesn't care for thrill rides as much. And we're working on our travel plans too. We always drive and we have family in Southern Utah so we usually stay with them to break it into two days. But I'm tempted to drive almost all the way on Saturday and just get a hotel somewhere a little ways out so we can get there a little earlier on Sunday.

Seems like there are several first timers in this thread (or infrequent visitors) so I'm going to share this tidbit with you because it's my favorite and while I learned about it here, many people don't know about it or forgetr. DL has an automated phone line called Otto that will tell you wait times, FP availability and distribution times and even if a ride has gone down. We use it all the time in the park and it's much more accurate than the apps that are out there. The number is 714-520-7090. It has saved us from walking across the park only to find out that the ride is down and FP's aren't being distributed right now or that the FP's that are available are during our dinner or whatever. Love this feature!

Seems like there are several first timers in this thread (or infrequent visitors) so I'm going to share this tidbit with you because it's my favorite and while I learned about it here, many people don't know about it or forgetr. DL has an automated phone line called Otto that will tell you wait times, FP availability and distribution times and even if a ride has gone down. We use it all the time in the park and it's much more accurate than the apps that are out there. The number is 714-520-7090. It has saved us from walking across the park only to find out that the ride is down and FP's aren't being distributed right now or that the FP's that are available are during our dinner or whatever. Love this feature!
Awesome info!!! Thanks! 25 days! :banana:

I still have to decide the best way to get to the airport. I'm thinking drive and leave the car in long term, but I'm not sure I can handle getting the luggage to the shuttle with my mobility issues. But, I also don't want to hopscotch all over town on Super Shuttle. Pondering....
I went ahead and got a town car. In Seattle it was $75 each way. I figured not driving at 3am, not parking car. And with town car it's just us, no hopping around. They are available thru shuttle express.

Down to single digits til we leave for CA!!!! :cheer2: 11 days til DL!!:banana: Still looking for the best option for an early entry on Easter morning at CA. Anyone have a best laid tour plan? Trying to figure out if it's best to go directly to RSR and ride stand by or go to the fast pass line and get a FP first and then head over. Not sure if FP line opens for EE or if I would have to stand there and wait for the first hour for regular park opening hours. Would like to ride that and TSM before park opening for everyone just to get them checked off the must-do at least once list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter