The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SeaSpray, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmamom

jmamom Mouseketeer

I booked my MNSSHP tickets about three weeks before I left, and I was there for the first party in September. I don't think they sell out, except maybe close to/on Halloween. You will have plenty of time to plan your week...my biggest stress was, will it rain the night of the party? It did rain at first, but then cleared and we were still able to enjoy the rest of the night. You will absolutely love it, I wish I could go back again. We bought the soundtrack and listen to it every day while wer'e driving. You'll be singing Boo to you for weeks after you leave! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! Have a great trip!!!:goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CAJUNWDWFAN

CAJUNWDWFAN Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

That's wonderful! Happy Anniversary. Actually is so funny, me and my fiance are getting married Friday the 24. My parents were also married on April 24th! So we will celebrate Anniversaries together! They will make 38 years together!

4. LJD2143

LJD2143 DIS Veteran & DVC Member

No, no, no - Don't give up the Poly Club Level!!!:eek:

Although the Swan & Dolphin sound like wonderful hotels, IMO they just don't compare to the Poly: Theme, location, room views, transportation options, restaurants, pools, monorail access, and proximity to MK.

I am also not a fan of split stays - but in this instance, I definitely vote for keeping 7 nights at the Poly, with the 2 additional nights at the Swan or Dolphin.

Good Luck!:flower3:

5. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

Originally Posted by BreezysMom
    :rotfl:
    The only thing my husband has decreed is that we should stay at the Poly. Which is the way I like it.

6. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I have to agree.....I have stayed at both the Swan and the Dolphin and even though they are nice hotels...they don't compare, at least to me, with the ambience and feel of the Poly....we have stayed at the Poly several times and just love it.

MJ

7. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Our anniversary is actually in September but this trip is a celebration as we can't travel then. Enjoy your honeymoon and congrats to your parents as well!!!!

MJ

8. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Nope, no pin code. I keep checking the website several times a day and the Poly is completely sold out the days we are going to be there so I think they are just full....anyway I am just happy to be at the Poly again and I will ask at check-in.

MJ

9. two*little*birds

two*little*birds <font color=green>LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

10. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

3...more...days....

:woohoo:

:banana:

11. PrincessP

PrincessP Mouseketeer

:rotfl2: This is just too cute!

I think my DH will do the same thing....but probably not until 2 days or so before the trip....I can hear him now, "Honey, did you think of this? Baby, what about that?" My response will be to show him my multiple Excel spreadsheets of itineraries and plans and Word documents of "tips I've read on the Dis" all filed nicely in my Disney notebook with tabs clearly labeled. LOL :thumbsup2

Hooray!! Can't wait to hear your report. Have a FANTASTIC trip! :woohoo:

12. NJBILL

NJBILL Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

I have the same issue with my wife..who thinks all of the "magic" just happens when you book your trip...;)

13. wlwilliams9

wlwilliams9 "It's green and evil...I call it greevil!!" -Dr. H

I think there is something wrong with the WDW website (big shocker!) I put in my dates 5/7-5/17 and nothing came up, not one resort was available.:confused3 So I tried the room only spring promo and there are rooms available in every category at the Poly and everywhere else! I like to check and see if theme park view is avail. in case we decide to upgrade when we get there.....or maybe a free upgrade for our anniversary:rolleyes1

14. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Have you stayed in Niue, and would you again?

We are considering requesting Niue East (garden view). We know it doesn't have balconies, and is only 2 floors, but it doesn't have any parking lot view potential;), it's close to the GCH, and it seems to be a quiet area. Our other contender is Samoa East which we have stayed in before.

TIA for your opinion:thumbsup2.

15. LJD2143

LJD2143 DIS Veteran & DVC Member

I have not stayed in Niue, but we've had Samoa twice - and it's our Fave!:love:

Niue seems Ok, especially since smoking is no longer allowed, but I do wonder about the potential noise and traffic on the first floor.......When we stay in Samoa, we ALWAYS walk through Niue to and from the GCH. Of course, my family is considerate and quiet when we do so, but I wouldn't necessarily depend on all other guests to be so kind.:sad2:

16. WDWKOOK

Ewwwwww.... was Niue once a smoking longhouse? If so, I would NOT choose to stay in it. That would make choosing Samoa easy!

17. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

:cool1: You must be SO excited!!! Have a great time at the Poly -- it's really a beautiful place to stay!!!:thumbsup2

18. WDWKOOK

Have you stayed in both? Which do you prefer: Tokelau (east or west) or Samoa (west-quiet pool):confused3.

TIA:).

19. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

OMG - thank goodness that someone else does this (and from the thread, it seems that another person does this as well!) I started to wonder if I was a little, um, off my rocker :rotfl:

I've got all my 'Mouse Tips' ready to go - up to 68 pages worth - just some light reading for me as I go through the parks :lmao:

20. kaffinito

kaffinito <font color=teal>Grant me the Serenity to Accept t

Some of you are really close to leaving now! :wizard:

I posted some more pics on the Poly Pics thread for you all to enjoy. ;)

21. TJM1976

TJM1976 DIS Veteran

would you be so kind to post the link to the Poly pics thread?? I've looked but can't find it. But then again, when you read for so long on here, your eyes gets tired! :lmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.