1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SeaSpray, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Hi. My DD is always cold and had one of those North Face fleece (thin one) sweaters with her all the time. Once or twice it was chilly at night -- nothing that a light jacket wouldn't fix. But we were moving around alot -- if you are going to sit for an hour or two to watch the parade & fireworks, I would definitely bring a jacket. It was pleasantly warm, but not hot or humid while we were there. Perfect for us, since we run around alot and the heat and humidity really slow us down.:)

Weird thing -- when we left home it was 60 degrees and rainy. It's supposed to be 90 today!:scared1: Really unusual for us, especially since it's warmer than Florida!:rotfl:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kathy Z

Kathy Z Counting my Blessings

Thanks taylor3297 & lissiesmom for the information about Pop Werner Football at WDW. That is what I was hoping but it is good to have it confirmed.

Carlix30, taylor3297 is correct - UG stand for Unofficial Guide.

4. NJBILL

NJBILL Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Tomorrow is ADR day (90) and I purchased our Auto-Train tickets over the weekend. Amtrak has a special promotion Kids ride for $19..Cost $768 round trip for the 5 of us, which includes dinner and continnetal breakfast.. Hopefully we will get all of our ADR's..

5. jmamom

jmamom Mouseketeer

HI everyone, I have a question for those of you who have been to MNSSHP, I hope someone can help! I know the tickets go on sale May 1st, but the park hours for September won't be posted until June. Do I need to buy the tickets right away, or can I wait until June when I can plan my whole week? I'm thinking they won't sell out right away, especially for September. What do you think? Thanks!!!!:flower3:

6. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

I'll be there with my husband, son (6), and daughter (5) on Friday for a week - I'm so excited! We will be by the pool every afternoon and I'm the girl with the tiger tatto on the upper left part of my arm - and the one sipping yummy poolside drinks :rotfl: I hope to say 'hi' to everyone that will be there!!

Several people have responded about the Disney Crocs but I wanted to add my two cents :) They sell them just about everywhere! I don't usually like Crocs (and yes, I live just miles away from where they were created and have their company) but the Disney crocs are super-cute and I noticed they fit my daughter better (more snugly) than regular crocs. I especially like the ankle strap that you can use on it so I'm not as worried about here tripping or walking right out of the shoe!

Welcome back EVERYONE!!! Sounds like everyone had a magical vacation :)

We've gone this time of year for the past few years and usually you don't need warmer clothing BUT if you are going to hang out on the beach at night, have a light jacket or if you go to really late hours at MK - definitely bring a jacket! We love the 12 - 3 am hours at MK but you do get a bit chilly. I've only brought capris for longer pants and have been fine. I am thinking of wearing jeans on the plane this time but I doubt I'll even where them when I am there - but I might put the capris on for 12 - 3 am hours!!

7. summersalt

summersalt DIS Veteran

Moved to another thread. Disregard this post.

8. two*little*birds

two*little*birds <font color=green>LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

This is now posted in a seperate thread here - http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2148842

9. CAJUNWDWFAN

CAJUNWDWFAN Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

I think there is a separate thread for this now.
    :)

10. RemembertheMagic98

RemembertheMagic98 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the "hope for an upgrade"! We booked on the last day of the buy4/get 3 and the CM I booked with said they had many LV still open. At full rack rate now, I hope it's a possibillty!

I did mention the anniversary when I booked (I think I was a bit gushy about it too :laughing:) so they know it's a special one. I plan on booking a gift package from Disney Florist as well so I hope they really get the hint :thumbsup2 . Thanks for the tips!

Keep my fingers crossed!

11. CAJUNWDWFAN

If you want to find us. We will be the newlywed couple with honeymoon buttons on. I use a blue Jansport backpack with a green mickey ear attached to the backpack. Look for us!

12. team disney

team disney Mouseketeer

To those just getting home... Welcome back!
    For those on their way Have a great time!

Does anyone have any experience using the Itouch at the Poly or at the parks? I wonder how the reception is. I do not have the Iphone, which I think would work better:confused3

I am so excited for my Trip in August... I can't wait for it to get here but booking it that late has a downside too.... it means the end of Summer!
    I can't wait for my trip but I don't want to rush through the summer either... KWIM? :hippie:

13. two*little*birds

two*little*birds <font color=green>LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

*Sigh* just tried to upgrade to LVCL and they said there is no availability for our dates. :sad1:

Maybe we'll keep trying, you never know right? :rolleyes:

14. NJBILL

NJBILL Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

We will be celebrating our 14 year anniversary... we will be the family where the wife is blaming the husband for the Florida heat and long lines and an array of other issues, as well as yelling at the kids to stop making fun of each other..look for us!:rotfl:

15. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Keep trying... I've been there (and am having the same probs now)...:rolleyes1 Here's a little pixie dust for you...:wizard: I hope you can get what you're looking for!

:rotfl: This just made me laugh and laugh... I think I just saw about 10 of you when I was in WDW!:laughing:

16. juliebee

juliebee Mouseketeer

Although it wasn't in the 80s when we were there, I will say that that wind at night was rather chilly if you were hanging out on the Poly beach. I'd recommend something warm to wear if the wind kicks up while you are there. We were unprepared and had to all buy hoodies at WDW.

17. carlnix30

carlnix30 DIS Dad #559

Tess,

I noticed you will be there when we get there!! hope we see you there!
    I will be the Bloodshot eyed philadelphian with a red neck texas accent. with teens yelling "I WANT I WANT I WANT...." hope to see ya! we will be there may 8th to 16th staying in the Hawaii garden view.

[​IMG]

:yay: :dance3: :cool1:

18. PiperMickey

PiperMickey Mouseketeer

Sorry to go off topic but...
    Have you taken the auto-train before? I am just curious of your experience and how you pass the time. I have looked into it occasionally but could never get my head wrapped around sitting in those seats for 20 hours (even if you can get up and walk around).:scared1:

Thanks

19. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

We'll be there, you can recognize us since our pic is in the signature! If you notice us--say Howdy!

20. CAJUNWDWFAN

I was looking at the FAQ, the picture of the bathroom shows a hair dryer on the counter top.

Does the rooms at the Poly include hair dryers? My very soon to be wife would like to know. If she doesn't have to pack her's that's less in her suitcase.

21. sharlon

sharlon <b><Font color=blue>2008 DisCup Nascar Champ</COLO

Yes there are hairdryers in the rooms. If you look back a couple of pages, you can even see a close up of the dryer. :rotfl2:

congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.