The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SeaSpray, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarleyJack

BarleyJack <font color=peach>And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you

Shameless ticker check....love seeing that monorail get closer and closer.....almost there!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

While you may not get turndown service in non-CL rooms, I find that when they clean my room midday, it is just as nice :) I stay executive floors for business but have never stayed CL at Disney but the service I get is just ok, I wouldn't pay for them to turn down my bed at night. I find that the clean room and fresh towels midday is just fine. Of course, I do want to stay CL!!!! And I will definitely try it, but just wanted to give you a non-CL opinion :goodvibes

4. Stefy

Stefy Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you check out TripAdvisor, but there is a review on there from May this year and the person stayed at Poly. She posted a pic of her room view and I can't for the lift of me figure out where it is. Am I allowed to post the pic on here to see if you guys know which LH she might have been staying in?

5. BreezysMom

BreezysMom DIS Veteran

If you are talking about the first review it looks like it may be first floor of Tuvalu on the Lagoon side.

6. Stefy

Stefy Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Yes it is the first review and thank you for that :)

7. Ronald Duck

Ronald Duck Another Disney Fanatic

...from our beginning-of-September trip:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

Thanks for all the great pics! I'm getting sooo excited!

9. Sammy

Sammy DIS Veteran

Every time I second guess myself on staying here at the Poly, I just come to this thread and I KNOW I've made the right choice!! :thumbsup2 Thanks for all the great pics!

10. Lilmattie13

Lilmattie13 Mouseketeer

Thats what I keep thinking lol We stayed at GF last year and I keep thinking I made a mistake not staying there again, but then I see the pictures and
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
    :cloud9:

11. BreezysMom

BreezysMom DIS Veteran

You have made the right choice :thumbsup2

I will put it in my perspective...our first trip started off horrible with DD being sick and our second trip we got terrible news from home and DD being REALLY sick at the end of our stay but we still have nothing but wonderful memories and persistent NEED to go back. :lovestruc

Thanks for more pics Ronald, they are incredible :goodvibes

12. jmartinfamily

jmartinfamily Earning My Ears

Our first time visit to WDW and the poly will be in Oct. When and how do we request a certain building? After reading the posts I have my heart set on the Tahiti building.:lovestruc

13. brentalex

brentalex DIS Veteran

If you have made the reservation yourself, call disney and ask them to add the request onto your reservation. If you have gone through a travel agent, talk to them about adding the request. You can make the request any time you want.

14. princesskenziesmom

princesskenziesmom Mouseketeer

That's so true, I keep thinking we're spending too much money on this trip but than I see the pics and think oh well, it's worth it :banana:

15. KSBelle

KSBelle DIS Veteran

Ronald Duck--- Thanks for sharing the pics.

Getting real excited to stay at the Poly!!!

16. Disney-Kim

Disney-Kim DIS Veteran

we requested it for our regular room last time...we like to shower in the afternoons and its nice to have fresh towels for the morning. yes, a sweet luxury. :goodvibes

17. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Ronald Duck -- thank you for posting more wonderful photos!!! They really made my day! We miss the tropical feel of the Poly and hope to go back soon!:goodvibes

18. aprincesswannabe

aprincesswannabe Mouseketeer

Wow! I couldn't help but notice that there weren't many people in the pictures posted by Ronald Duck..off season really makes a difference in crowd levels, doesn't it???

19. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I know the feeling. But I'll tell you that the Poly is really, really lovely, but quite different than the GF.:cloud9:

After staying at the GF a few times, we tried the Poly. And I kept second-guessing that decision in the months before we left. Then we tried RPC at the GF, and I kept second guessing that decision because we had such a wonderful time at the Poly.

Now I think we'll just go back and forth, taking turns...;)

Like I said, they are very, very different from one another, but I like them both. I hope you do, too!:goodvibes

20. Sammy

Sammy DIS Veteran

Does anyone have experience ordering a special treat to be delivered to the room? I was thinking about a dessert sampler, or a tray of the chocolate covered strawberries, or ?? Is that done through the in-room dining?

21. Ronald Duck

Ronald Duck Another Disney Fanatic

Yes, there were way fewer people than during our previous Poly visit 10 years ago in early August...but crowds picked up everywhere by the start of Labor Day weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.