The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (APR 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Shel! What a great tip about renting the life jacket for the week too!

As for walking to MK, we probably won't do it much (it will be too hot :laughing:) and probably not at night, I was curious if it was that much of a time saver vs. the monorail. We normally stay GF so we are spoiled by the MK being the first stop after there (and we usually take the boat back to the GF rather than run the monorail loop). How long do you think it is on the monorail to MK - 15 minutes plus wait time?

And what about turndown? DS thinks that is the coolest thing at the GF (and it is automatic there), but if I can request it, I think I will.

Thanks again!!!!!

Thanks Shel! What a great tip about renting the life jacket for the week too!

As for walking to MK, we probably won't do it much (it will be too hot :laughing:) and probably not at night, I was curious if it was that much of a time saver vs. the monorail. We normally stay GF so we are spoiled by the MK being the first stop after there (and we usually take the boat back to the GF rather than run the monorail loop). How long do you think it is on the monorail to MK - 15 minutes plus wait time?

And what about turndown? DS thinks that is the coolest thing at the GF (and it is automatic there), but if I can request it, I think I will.

Thanks again!!!!!

I've never had turndown so I don't know if it is available or how that works.

AS for the monorail personally I didn't think it was much of a time saver to walk and it just ended up tiring the kids out that much more. We love the monorail though so riding that is always a treat for us. I never timed it but it didn't seem to take more than 10-15 minutes I think for the CR to the MK. We never had to wait for a monorail either, they were always right there waiting for us!

Welcome to the CR thread :) Turndown service is by request on a non consierge level. I plan to request it when we go.

Welcome to the CR thread :) Turndown service is by request on a non consierge level. I plan to request it when we go.

Thanks! I am REALLY excited to finally stay here.

I have been on here most of the day looking at pics etc.

Another question, if everyone will indulge me :flower3: but is there any drawer space in the room for socks etc. I like to unpack the suitcases and put the dirty clothes back in the empty cases as the trip progresses, but I don't see where I can even unpack :confused:

Also, is there one of those folding stands to set a suitcase on in the room somewhere? (in the closet perhaps?)

Lastly, what about a coffee pot in the room? I haven't seen one in the photos yet, but I hope I am just missing it...

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I found the coffee pot and a couple of drawers under the safe- any more drawers hiding in the room? Thanks!

Re. what Shel hasn't answered:

The safe will fit the things you mention, and then some.

Yes, the Grab 'N Go is the only place to refill your mug.

Since you're on the DDP, I'd make full use of the monorail and also eat at the GF and the Poly's Kona - breakfast and lunch is great. You can take the boat over to the WL and your kids will have a hoot eating at the WCC. I wasn't a fan of The Wave. We ate dinner there in Aug. and we don't have plans to return.

We love walking to the MK! When our DD was up to age 6, we took her in an umbrella stroller. It only takes about 10 mins. or less and there's no waiting for the monorail to arrive at the CR, and no stopping at the T&TC, Poly and GF first. (We are very impatient vacationers!)

Have a great trip!

Re. what Shel hasn't answered:

The safe will fit the things you mention, and then some.

Yes, the Grab 'N Go is the only place to refill your mug.

Since you're on the DDP, I'd make full use of the monorail and also eat at the GF and the Poly's Kona - breakfast and lunch is great. You can take the boat over to the WL and your kids will have a hoot eating at the WCC. I wasn't a fan of The Wave. We ate dinner there in Aug. and we don't have plans to return.

We love walking to the MK! When our DD was up to age 6, we took her in an umbrella stroller. It only takes about 10 mins. or less and there's no waiting for the monorail to arrive at the CR, and no stopping at the T&TC, Poly and GF first. (We are very impatient vacationers!)

Have a great trip!

Thank you for your tips!!! I just booked a Kona breakfast this AM as soon as my TA switched resorts!!! I have one at the Wave right now, but I am not sure I will keep it (nort sure what I think of the breakfast menu) maybe I will switch it to the Grand Floridian Cafe :idea:

Thanks! I am REALLY excited to finally stay here.

I have been on here most of the day looking at pics etc.

Another question, if everyone will indulge me :flower3: but is there any drawer space in the room for socks etc. I like to unpack the suitcases and put the dirty clothes back in the empty cases as the trip progresses, but I don't see where I can even unpack :confused:

Also, is there one of those folding stands to set a suitcase on in the room somewhere? (in the closet perhaps?)

Lastly, what about a coffee pot in the room? I haven't seen one in the photos yet, but I hope I am just missing it...

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I found the coffee pot and a couple of drawers under the safe- any more drawers hiding in the room? Thanks!
There are small, sock-type drawers in the closet, (maybe 4?) We put things that can survive getting wrinkled in them, since they're on the smallish side.

No folding suitcase stand. There's a sofa in front of the beds or you could put them next to the sofa and the sliding glass doors, and they'll be out of the way.

Thanks to Shel's recent experience;), we've decided to put our empty luggage in the trunk of the car so that we don't have any bed bugs try and stow-away in our luggage:laughing:!

Thanks again!

Looks like I need to start saving my dry cleaning wire hangers to bring since almost everything is going to need to be hung.

I was looking at the CR photo thread and found a picture of the desk from an angle that I haven't see yet... are there a few drawers over there too?

And :scared1: about the bed bugs!!! I hope they have fumagated that room and that she gets some type of response from the powers that be.

Thanks again!

Looks like I need to start saving my dry cleaning wire hangers to bring since almost everything is going to need to be hung.

I was looking at the CR photo thread and found a picture of the desk from an angle that I haven't see yet... are there a few drawers over there too?

And :scared1: about the bed bugs!!! I hope they have fumagated that room and that she gets some type of response from the powers that be.
Yes, next to the bed and under the marbled top are the only other drawers, but they are large. We're a family of 3 and always have enough drawer space. There are hangers in the closet if you don't want to schlep them with you.

A couple points I'd like to address:

-There are NOT enough hangers in the closet (less than 10). Bringing wire ones from home is an EXCELLENT idea. :thumbsup2

-You can store your suitcases in the commode. There used to be a sink in there, and they removed it, and now it's just empty space. Good place to store a suitcase standing up (nest them if you are bringing a set).

-There IS a chest with two large-ish drawers sort of under the computer desk, next to one of the beds. It's really the only drawer storage space in the room, other than the tiny drawers inside the closet.

We had to live out of our suitcases halfway. There were three of us adult women. There was not enough storage space for clothes for a week, even utilizing ALL available options (we did NOT have hangers from home, which would have helped tremendously).

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is mousekeeping about replacing coffee filters? I plan on bringing my coffee from home if the Nescafe for the mugs in not stomachable ;) but I would hate to run out of filters on the first day never to have them replaced... (this is my first time ever using a coffee pot at a WDW hotel :goodvibes)

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is mousekeeping about replacing coffee filters? I plan on bringing my coffee from home if the Nescafe for the mugs in not stomachable ;) but I would hate to run out of filters on the first day never to have them replaced... (this is my first time ever using a coffee pot at a WDW hotel :goodvibes)
The coffee they provide is already packaged in a filter (like a "pod") - there are no stand-alone filters - so put them on your list after hangers...

The coffee they provide is already packaged in a filter (like a "pod") - there are no stand-alone filters - so put them on your list after hangers...

:lmao: will do :thumbsup2
(anyone care to guess what size they are? ETA: the search function works now!!! I found a I HATE THE COFFEE thread with my answer)

I would have to say walking to the Magic Kingdom is faster then taking the Monorail. However when going back the Contemporary is the next stop on the Resort Monorail and if you feel like it you can walk back.

:lmao: will do :thumbsup2
(anyone care to guess what size they are? ETA: the search function works now!!! I found a I HATE THE COFFEE thread with my answer)
Actually, after thinking about it some more:rolleyes1, (I should do this more often:rotfl:) I don't think you could put your own coffee and filter in it (so scratch it off your list). I think it only accepts those "pods." They 'll give you all you need (decaf./regular). There is also tea supplied. Sorry if I confused you. Of course, having now said this, someone will write that they were able to shove in their own filter and fancy coffee:sad2:.

There are small, sock-type drawers in the closet, (maybe 4?) We put things that can survive getting wrinkled in them, since they're on the smallish side.

No folding suitcase stand. There's a sofa in front of the beds or you could put them next to the sofa and the sliding glass doors, and they'll be out of the way.

Thanks to Shel's recent experience;), we've decided to put our empty luggage in the trunk of the car so that we don't have any bed bugs try and stow-away in our luggage:laughing:!

Hi All! I got an email back today that basically said they cannot communicate by email. :headache: She said she got permission to have my husband (or translator as she called him) :confused3 call her. If she only knew! LOL! :lmao:

Anyway I responded to her saying my husband would call tomorrow and we would try and get this handled through him. I did ask her the question about the medical release in the email and explained what I expect Disney to do at this point. I really stressed that I wanted to know that they take this seriously and will take care of that room and surrounding rooms if needed. I also mentioned that I think it would be a good idea for all Disney resorts to have hosuekeeping do a special bed bug check in mattress seams and headboards after each guest checks out before a new one checks in. This would help isolate problems to certain rooms and help eliminate it affecting a guest's stay. Just smart in these times IMO!

I was pretty to the point in my email as far as what I expect so hopefully she'll just be able to answer my concerns to my husband and not have to ask him too many questions. We'll see! :rolleyes1

As for the email response and the legal wording in the email I am thinking whoever said they are worried about a lawsuit is right which is just ridiculous. why would I sue over such a thing?? :confused:

Transportation
About how long to walk to MK?
If the bus is shared with the Poly, who is picked up first on the way to the park?
If you time the walk from the South Garden Wing I would say it's 10-12 minutes. However If you time it when you get on the walkway I would say it's 8-10 minutes.

As for the buses in my experience in the mornings the Contemporary usually shares with the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge. However no matter what the Contemporary is the 1st stop, so you have the best chance of getting seats. However in the afternoons they always share bus service with the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. So when that happens the pick up/dropping off order is #1 Contemporary, #2 Polynesian and #3 Grand Floridian.

We were there a few weeks ago, and there was one folding suitcase stand in the closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter