The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (APR 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated Club Level tip #2 and here is now what it says.

If your staying in an Atrium Club - Bay Lake View and want to watch Wishes, go to the lounge on the 12th floor to watch them and they also pipe in the music over there. The same thing can be done for guests staying with a Bay Lake View on the Tower Club 14th floor and the music is also piped in up there.

CR Fan Just wanted to let you know what a great job you are doing keeping this thread up to date!!! Thank You...:thumbsup2

Last night my DH book the CR for out aug. trip. This was not on my list of places I wanted to stay but I guess he should get some say in the trip since I am in charge of everything else. I know nothing about the CR. what is the most important info I should know? also my hubby always insisits on a rent a car, and it has been very handy in past visits when stay at the Animal Kingdom Lode. Since we have the momorail at the CR do we need a rental car? Can you all give me some resons to talk him out of it.
thanks
kris

Last night my DH book the CR for out aug. trip. This was not on my list of places I wanted to stay but I guess he should get some say in the trip since I am in charge of everything else. I know nothing about the CR. what is the most important info I should know? also my hubby always insisits on a rent a car, and it has been very handy in past visits when stay at the Animal Kingdom Lode. Since we have the momorail at the CR do we need a rental car? Can you all give me some resons to talk him out of it.
thanks
kris
Well 1st of all what type of room category did he reserve? Besides that since there is so much great things about the Contemporary I would highly suggest to read the 1st page with all the information about it. Finally renting a car depends on each person. My family and I always have a car while at WDW so we can go shopping offsite, eat at restaurants not located in WDW and we also drive to Downtown Disney whenever going there.

thanks
kris

I have stayed at some WDW resorts where I WISHED I had a rental car SO badly...

CR is not one of them. I found the transportation to be adequate during my week there in April. It was not the best ever, particularly buses to DHS and AK, but it was tolerable.

The places I would NEVER stay at without a rental car again include:

-Wilderness Lodge
-Any Value Resort (although, it's debatable if I'd ever stay at a Value resort again, period!)

I would try to talk him out of it, unless he really doesn't care about spending the $$$$. It can be handy when going to Downtown Disney.

Remind him that for ADR's at resort restaurants NOT on the monorail line, you can WALK to the MK bus depot from the CR (it's approx. a 5 min walk) and from there, you can catch a bus to ANY WDW resort! It's a great perk that you can't really do from any other WDW resort. Sure does make getting around a lot easier.

Plus, the self parking at CR is all weird now. It's far away from the tower. All the "close" spots have been changed over to Valet, which costs $10/day. Otherwise, it's quite a hike out to the self parking spots--with the Bay Lake Tower construction, they "lost" some parking lot space, and BLT opens on August 4th, so with that, there will be increased traffic/extra cars, and that could cause more problems with parking space.

i believe he booked a bay lake tower room and we never go off site so the rental car would be only used in disney.
Thanks for the help.

i believe he booked a bay lake tower room and we never go off site so the rental car would be only used in disney.
Thanks for the help.
Do you mean a Bay Lake View or Bay Lake Tower, because there are some differences. A Bay Lake View is a room inside the Contemporary Tower, where as Bay Lake Tower is the brand new Disney Vacation Club building and it will have a walkway to the 4th floor of the Contemporary Tower. With the exception of their rooms and their own pool area all the shops, restaurants and transportation will be at the Contemporary. So you should find out exactly what type of room your husband got a reservation for. Also despite it being a different building Bay Lake Tower guests will still need to check-in at the Contemporary lobby and from there walk over to Bay Lake Tower.

We are going to be spending the morning at Epcot Future World then going directly to Typhoon Lagoon.

Does anyone know if we should take Monorail back to TTC and pick up a Typhoon Lagoon bus there (do they come there?) Or just take the resort monorail back to Contemporary and get a bus to Typhoon Lagoon from there?

We are going to be spending the morning at Epcot Future World then going directly to Typhoon Lagoon.

Does anyone know if we should take Monorail back to TTC and pick up a Typhoon Lagoon bus there (do they come there?) Or just take the resort monorail back to Contemporary and get a bus to Typhoon Lagoon from there?

No. There are much easier and quicker ways. I don't know if they come to Epcot. They just might because it shares a bus with Animal Kingdom? (I know it shares a bus with something). So you could get on that bus. Or you could walk out of the international gateway exit in World Showcase, make the quick trek to the closest Epcot resort, and take the appropriate bus from there

That's what I thought, the wording in his post made me wonder, though. I haven't stayed on the 12th floor since they renovated, back then there was no lounge anyways.

allseas The new Atrium Club lounge is very nice...I think they took out 3 rooms to make it ...it is very spacious but is set up in a way that it has a cozy feel to it...much nicer that the 14th floor lounge IMO...:confused3 It has a nice kids area with a TV and child sized tables and chairs and 3 balconies that have some small benches on them for viewing Wishes or for simply enjoying that incredible view!! Also as has been said on here before you can hear the music outside on the balconies for Wishes...sooo nice...

allseas The new Atrium Club lounge is very nice...I think they took out 3 rooms to make it ...it is very spacious but is set up in a way that it has a cozy feel to it...much nicer that the 14th floor lounge IMO...:confused3 It has a nice kids area with a TV and child sized tables and chairs and 3 balconies that have some small benches on them for viewing Wishes or for simply enjoying that incredible view!! Also as has been said on here before you can hear the music outside on the balconies for Wishes...sooo nice...
*Allseas1586*

Here's a link to some great CR club photos:

http://www.baylaketower.net/

From the drop-down menu choose: "CR Main Gallery-Atrium Club and/or Tower Club"

Enjoy!

WDWKOOK Thanks for that link...:thumbsup2 those are great photos...I think that is a great site for good photos of the CR in general...

No. There are much easier and quicker ways. I don't know if they come to Epcot. They just might because it shares a bus with Animal Kingdom? (I know it shares a bus with something). So you could get on that bus. Or you could walk out of the international gateway exit in World Showcase, make the quick trek to the closest Epcot resort, and take the appropriate bus from there

The only thing is that we are going to be at Epcot Future World that morning, we are too lazy to walk all the back to the gateway.

We are talking about getting to Typhoon lagoon from Epcot for those you missed the earlier post.

Do you mean a Bay Lake View or Bay Lake Tower, because there are some differences. A Bay Lake View is a room inside the Contemporary Tower, where as Bay Lake Tower is the brand new Disney Vacation Club building and it will have a walkway to the 4th floor of the Contemporary Tower. With the exception of their rooms and their own pool area all the shops, restaurants and transportation will be at the Contemporary. So you should find out exactly what type of room your husband got a reservation for. Also despite it being a different building Bay Lake Tower guests will still need to check-in at the Contemporary lobby and from there walk over to Bay Lake Tower.

yes it was a bay lake view. I have 2 more ? since we do not have club level is there any place to see the fireworks form the hotel? Aslo what is the best time to get a reservation at the california grill to view the fireworks? is there any chance to get suprised with a room upgrade in check in?
thanks so much for all your help.

Does anyone have info on the chocolate monorail or cakes that can be delivered to the room?

yes it was a bay lake view. I have 2 more ? since we do not have club level is there any place to see the fireworks form the hotel? Aslo what is the best time to get a reservation at the california grill to view the fireworks? is there any chance to get suprised with a room upgrade in check in?
thanks so much for all your help.
You can see Wishes from the CA Grill. They start at park closing and you can consult the park hours guide on the Disney website. If your dinner is done before Wishes, you can use your receipt to come back later that night.
You can also view them from the beach and there is a 4th floor viewing area on the BLT side of the CR.

Room assignments (and upgrades) are made by the room assigner about 3-5 days prior to arrival. If you ask for a room upgrade upon arrival, most of the time the CM will check availability and then quote you the full rack rate price of the upgraded room. Always book the room view/type you want ahead of time and pay for that room type. There is never a guarantee of a free upgrade at any resort nor should it be expected.

Have a great vacation:wizard:.

WDWKOOK Thanks for that link...:thumbsup2 those are great photos...I think that is a great site for good photos of the CR in general...
You're welcome, and I agree about Craig's website. He recently joined the DIS and it has been great having his contributions here as well as on he and his wife's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!