The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (APR 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the excellent report. It's so exciting to read because we are going to CR in Sept. We booked a lake view room as the MK room was almost $400 more. We are hoping for an upgrade, but not counting on it.

Anyway, hubby and I want to slip off for a nice dinner and are thinking about using the Neverland Club. Our children are about the same age as yours (DD7 & DS4.) Did your children like the Club?

Our kids loved the Neverland Club and I believe is the most convenient to the CR. It is right at the Poly, out the main building to the right, then on around to the right (there are signs and it's clearly marked). The main entrance/office is set up like the children's bedroom, with the main sign-in desk being the bed. The kids then climb up a few steps, go through the bedroom window into Neverland! They absolutely loved it! They did crafts, had a dance party, had dress up games and watched a movie. We all got to choose their dinner from a menu before I left - it's included in the price, $12/hr/kid, minimum of 2 hours if I remember correctly. As I said, we were late but they only charged for the time actually spent there. In addition, if this matters, my two kids were able to stay together and were not separated by age. This was a concern, as even though they are often mortal enemies they also buddy up with each other in strange situations! My DS would not have stayed by himself. From the way they talked, all the kids were in one common area.

What I was most impressed with was the time they took making sure they had all of our contact info, any allergeries, medical releases, etc. That really made me feel good about the care they were going to receive. We had a copy of the registration to bring back with us to get the kids, again security. I highly recommend it, especially if you are staying several days. Both the kids and the grown ups will benefit by a change of pace and some time away from each other. This really re-charged our trip!

We are staying at CR next month. I believe the electric light parade is on the lake in front of the resort. If that is true, where would we view the parade? We have a lake view not a MK view.

Thanks

We saw the parade almost nightly. You can see it, I believe around 9:30 or so (just after Wishes) on 7 Seas Lagoon, then later around 10 or so it actually stops at the CR on the Bay Lake side, right in front of the beach. That's where CR guests can view it full on and hear the music. Pretty neat show!

What movies do they play?

Recent movies..or just older ones?

Is there a schedule available online?

Off the top of my head, three movies I recall seeing on the schedule from last week were:

-Wall-E
-HSM: 3
-Another Pixar film...either Ratatouille or Monsters, Inc. (can't remember which one it was, but one of the more recent ones)

Off the top of my head, three movies I recall seeing on the schedule from last week were:

-Wall-E
-Another Pixar film...either Ratatouille or Monsters, Inc. (can't remember which one it was, but one of the more recent ones)

When we were there 3/25-4/1 they had HSM3, Wall-E, Finding Nemo and Bolt. They started at 8.

When you check-in you will get an activties sheet for that month and it will say what day, what time and what movies they are playing.

The parade goes on both sides, so that means you will get to see it from your Bay Lake View.

-Wall-E

When we were there 3/25-4/1 they had HSM3, Wall-E, Finding Nemo and Bolt. They started at 8.
Thank you everyone!

I frequented this thread when I was planning our trip for last Novemeber. There is something I have never seen on here that we had happen to us on our November trip. We had reservations for the California Grill and we were staying at the Contemporary in a Magic Kingdom view room, when we got to our table at the California Grill there were white and silver foil castles sprinkled all over our table. Out waiter said it was because we were guests of the Contemporary and they take care of their own. It was a beautiful sight..I was almost crying. We were also given one of the best tables in the house. The castle was right there. Two years prior we were staying at the Polynesian and we did not have foil castles all over our table and our table was one row over from the window, but still a fabulous table. I had no complaints!

Thanks for the info. As always, everyone on the DIS is a gret help.

I know the contemporary has no ceiling fan in there rooms.... I have like a phobeia i need a fan for some reason and we go to WDW in August . are the rooms cold enough for summer months :dance3:

I know the contemporary has no ceiling fan in there rooms.... I have like a phobeia i need a fan for some reason and we go to WDW in August . are the rooms cold enough for summer months :dance3:

I am the same way. I need circulation at night! I was worried about this too...

Don't worry! The rooms certainly get cold enough! We had the thermostat set to 71 degrees at night, and it was cold enough. It goes lower...down to 60...and when it's down there, it's FREEZING in the room. We set it down to 65 a few times while we were doing our hair (had two hair dryers going and it got hot in there) and it got cold QUICK in there...so much that I had to put on a sweater. You can also set the fan to ON all the time, vs. AUTO. This way, there will always be air blowing out the big vent. If you sleep in the bed closest to the balcony, you will have more air hitting you from the vent too.

One thing I can suggest, since you have an MK view room is, if you will be back for your room in the afternoon, before you leave for the evening, CLOSE the curtains (the heavy ones). The setting sun hits right into the rooms, and it's HOT. It'll keep your room cooler if you keep the curtains closed in the late afternoon/early evening. Those blackout curtains work REALLY well.

Thank you everyone!
You're welcome.

dchi said:
I frequented this thread when I was planning our trip for last Novemeber. There is something I have never seen on here that we had happen to us on our November trip. We had reservations for the California Grill and we were staying at the Contemporary in a Magic Kingdom view room, when we got to our table at the California Grill there were white and silver foil castles sprinkled all over our table. Out waiter said it was because we were guests of the Contemporary and they take care of their own. It was a beautiful sight..I was almost crying. We were also given one of the best tables in the house. The castle was right there. Two years prior we were staying at the Polynesain and we did not have foil castles all over our table and our table was one row over from the window, but still a fabulous table. I had no complaints!
That sounds amazing and I had no idea they ever done something like that before, so I wonder how they knew you were staying at the Contemporary?

I do not know. The waiter just told us that since we were guests of the Contemporary we got the foil castles on our table. They were good sized foil castles too. It was a wonderful surprise and it was AMAZING! Maybe someone eles on here would have an idea how the restaurant knew we were guests staying at the Contemporary?

Can anyone tell me if there is a dvd player in the room. I see something that looks like it but i can't make it out.:)

I do not know. The waiter just told us that since we were guests of the Contemporary we got the foil castles on our table. They were good sized foil castles too. It was a wonderful surprise and it was AMAZING! Maybe someone eles on here would have an idea how the restaurant knew we were guests staying at the Contemporary?

Usually they ask where you are staying when you make your dining reservations, do you remember giving the CM that info when you made your reservation? It would be in the notes on the restaurant's system.

We had foil castles on the table at Cali Grill a couple of weeks ago, I had mentioned that one of our party was celebrating his birthday and very first trip to Disney that week. It was a fun touch!:goodvibes

Usually they ask where you are staying when you make your dining reservations, do you remember giving the CM that info when you made your reservation? It would be in the notes on the restaurant's system.

We had foil castles on the table at Cali Grill a couple of weeks ago, I had mentioned that one of our party was celebrating his birthday and very first trip to Disney that week. It was a fun touch!:goodvibes

MY DH made the dinner reservations. That makes perfect sense, mystery solved. It was a fun touch! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter