The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CR Resort Fan 4 Life, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

4. psac

psac DIS Veteran

5. WDWKOOK

:rotfl:
    Boy, tough crowd!:duck:. I had to keep you in suspense::yes::. According to my trip widget, I got home a month ago, so it'll be a while before I return:hourglass

6. WDWKOOK

Disney's Contemporary Resort October Outdoor Movie Schedule:

Movie shown under the Skyway Bridge at 8:00PM

Courtesy of: Build a Better Mouse Trip

Sundays - The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Mondays - The Haunted Mansion
    Tuesdays - Spooky Buddies
    Wednesdays - Something Wicked This Way Comes
    Thursdays - Hocus Pocus
    Fridays - Cinderella
    Saturdays - Halloweentown

7. yaksack

yaksack DIS Veteran

Subscribing.

8. WDWKOOK

:welcome:

9. Catira

Catira DIS Veteran

Hi our upcoming trip is coming up in 10 days :cool1: Our departure flight leaves around 6 pm. Since checkout is at 11 am I was thinking of hanging out by the pool and then going to airport around 4pm. Is there an area near the pools where we could take a quick shower?

10. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Thank you!! Too bad about the stairs, but we'll just leave extra time for elevator travel!

11. BLTtinkerbell

BLTtinkerbell DIS Veteran

Yes, you can take a shower in the restroom near the pool.
    Have a great vacation!

12. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

I had the hardest time a couple months ago trying to convince myself to book CR for a quick weekend in Dec, but DS insisted he wanted to stay there and I finally caved and said yes. My fears were what I kept reading "lack of theme" "lack of Disney feel" "could be a hotel anywhere". But I got over them and came to love the idea of staying at the CR. So after staying at YC in Sept, WL for our upcoming trip in Oct, CR in Dec, we bit the bullet and changed our Jan/Feb trip from WL to CR!!! Because of the Disney Visa discount and WL being at a lower discounted rate than the other deluxes CR suddenly became an option :). So we will have 2 nts the beginning of Dec and 4 the end of Jan in the tower, Bay Lake View!!!! I am so excited and the kids are THRILLED!!!! DH could careless where we stay ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

13. WDWKOOK

You're welcome and I hope you have a great vacation!

How am I supposed to feel about this:scratchin... Oh yeah, I love WL AND CR/BLT, so I approve of this change:thumbsup2. You booked our favorite view. If you request an odd numbered room, your beds will face toward the WL/Garden Wing/Epcot area. Even numbered rooms face toward BLT.

I'm glad everyone is happy - sounds like some great trips you have coming up::yes::

14. Catira

Catira DIS Veteran

Thanks so much :0)

15. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

KOOK you are too funny, I am glad I have your approval :lmao: You know I just had to keep up with those crazy RCers :p Thanks for the tip on the rooms! I already requested to be far away from Chef Mickey (so we dont have a problem with DS and the noise), do you think it is too much to call and request an odd numbered room as well?

16. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

BLT STUDIO LV Room 8438

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like our studio room from last year that was in the center and lower floor. View from our balcony. This is the CR pool.

[​IMG]

Way back there in the distance is the Epcot ball. I'm hoping we can see Epcot fireworks and then up to TOTWL to see Wishes. I can also see EE at AK, but my phone doesn't take the best of pictures.

[​IMG]

This is the view from the north elevators. Bay Cove pool.

[​IMG]

I managed to get the monorail. Great timing. :woohoo:

[​IMG]

17. WDWKOOK

I hope you're having a great vacation, AirGoofy and family. Where are you dining today?

18. huey578

huey578 Test Track Dummy

I need to ship package from CR to my home. Do I go to front desk or business center? What are the hours of operation? TIA

Sent from my SGH-T769 using DISBoards

19. lolobug

lolobug DIS Veteran

I'm planning a Jan 2014 trip and am wondering what room is the best? Tower or garden? Thanks!

20. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Wish I knew how to post a link but there is a great recent thread on that subject. Try an online search using "contemporary garden wing vs main building disboards"

:)

21. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

there was a HUGE price difference for us between the two so I opted for the Garden wing.

For the amount of time I spent in the room since we were either at the pool or at the park or at the Cafe the garden wing worked better for my pocketbook,.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.