The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Thank you for going the extra mile and thinking of me! An 86% is ok- not great but well above passing. More tonight....

Thank you for going the extra mile and thinking of me! An 86% is ok- not great but well above passing. More tonight....

A pass is a pass. No one give's a rat's patootie what your exam scores are afterwards.
They just want to know how well you can do the job.

Standing by for more...

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and good thoughts! I had hoped to spend time here this afternoon, but came home to no power. Apparently, there was a fatal wreck just past my turn off and our entire neighborhood is without power. They have to auger in a new power pole. We have our generator going, but need to use my precious little time with power to prep for tomorrow's chest tube Lab.

The Exam went fine. I passed again with a respectable 86%, and may get one question back. We'll see. Not that important. 2 more regular exams to go and 1 Final; 2 small papers, 4 Clinical days (1 in the ED- super excited about that one!) and a Lab. Winding down in a lot of ways!

Last edited:
Great job! You are getting closer to the end! Hope you get power back soon. So sad the outage was due to a fatal accident.

Jill in CO

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and good thoughts! I had hoped to spend time here this afternoon, but came home to no power. Apparently, there was a fatal wreck just past my turn off and our entire neighborhood is without power. They have to auger in a new power pole. We have our generator going, but need to use my precious little time with power to prep for tomorrow's chest tube Lab.

Wow. What is it with your area and accidents???

The Exam went fine. I passed again with a respectable 86%

::yes:: Very respectable.

2 more regular exams to go and 1 Final; 2 small papers, 4 Clinical days (1 in the ED- super excited about that one!) and a Lab. Winding down in a lot of ways!

Is that light at the end of the tunnel getting a little too bright for your dark adapted eyes?

Yikes! You must really live in a remote area to be subjected to power outages like that! Good luck and I hope all the rest of your exams and stuff work out for you!

Way to go!! Too bad about the accident...good thing for the generator of you'd have to study by candle light...not good!

86 is good! And I'm glad you're keeping a positive attitude about it instead of losing your @$#& because you got less than an 88. :rotfl2:

I know you were hoping for more, but it is still a very good result! And I think considering how hard the program is, you are still doing extremely well! Congratulations! I can't believe that it is only two more exams and one final and the term is over (funny note: I just forgot to put a space between term and is and the word was autocorrected into vermin!!).

Dang it!! Every time I think I might have an hour to spend here, my hopes are dashed. Like the butter your great grandmothers made.

Because of the power not coming on until after midnight last night, I wasn't able to finish the 2!!!! papers due today. So I'm the lucky girl who gets to do them now. And hopefully be done by midnight tonight.

But WAIT, that's not all. Behind Door #3 is some RIDONKULOUS Jr. High Girl Drama I get to snuff tonight with my daughter and her friend-turned-snarkster. So, in an hour I don't have... to spend trying to convince two 13 year olds that it's not ok behavior... I will be treating them to ice cream and a few well-chosen, tender, but firm words of "Old Lady" wisdom.

One paper down and turned in, one to go, after my Blizzard.....

And likely a little bit of time devoted to here tomorrow. I have a GLORIOUS day of NO class, Lab, or Clinical that I can finally get new tires for my SUV and get a real update done!!

Last edited:
I haven't been there since the summer so I'm sure anyone I liked is gone by now. Maybe I'll see if I can get in tomorrow afternoon.

How was that massage??

Or your similar charm and wit.

I'm sure that was it! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I'm always here, and willing to travel throughout the region of So Cal with sufficient notice. Especially once we have our old place all cleaned out!

It'll be a while, but if/when it happens, you'll be the first to know!

Then you too could have the satisfaction of terrifying poor students.

You know I'd love nothing more.

::yes:: That sounds about right. My TRs will put anyone to sleep.

You said it. ;)

You know I'm kidding, right?

Had to look it up??? But I'm Canadian... you should be skoolin' me!

Any countryman of a place that makes Beaver Butt soap... well, I'm wondering who should be doing the skoolin'.

Of course. Right now it's very, very, very, verrrrrrrrry tentative.

Which is better than a 0% chance.

I'm glad that it went well! I guess this means you didn't kill anybody and you didn't leave in tears.

No one died. Including me. :lmao:

And to comment on the massage! Lol it is like an internship in guess. We called it clinicals. We had to give 4-5 hour long massages every other Friday to practice and learn on real people. The school made 25$ off each and we couldn't even take tips! So an intern I guess is a good way to put it haha!

Yes, very much then like Nursing. For us it's every week a 12 hour shift; next term 3 12 hour shifts a week. Free labor for them...

1997_mixandmatch.jpg

Hilarious! Love it!

Waaay to goooo! I never had any doubt of course that you would ace it though :)

Thanks, Kathy! While it won't be a "coast" from here on out, the pressure is now definitely off. As long as I keep on doing what I'm doing, I'll be fine.

I will keep all my fingers crossed for 90% even! Good luck Liesa!

Close enough. :)

That's pretty much my goal every day of my life.

:lmao: It's an elite club.

So I'm getting on the computer to distract you and say good luck! We're all counting on you.

Didn't work. :rotfl2:

Knock it outta the park, Liesa!

I made it to about 3rd base.

A pass is a pass. No one give's a rat's patootie what your exam scores are afterwards.
They just want to know how well you can do the job.

Standing by for more...

It's so true. Only for my own satisfaction. I want to do my very best at whatever I set my hand to.... If that's an 86, I know I can rest in knowing I did all I could.

Great job! You are getting closer to the end! Hope you get power back soon. So sad the outage was due to a fatal accident.

I sure am- and it feels SO good! Didn't come on until well after midnight. WHich set me behind a whole day in getting some papers turned in.

Wow. What is it with your area and accidents???

It is a narrow 2 lane highway, which also happens to be a major thoroughfare to the next town over for a commute. It is very busy from 7:00-9:00 AM and again in the evening. But this wreck was at 2:00. The State Patrol put out a statement saying that she may have swerved to avoid hitting an oncoming car in her lane and they were investigating that. I hope someone didn't get away with unintentional murder. :( But yeah, every year at least there is a fatality, and about once a month at corner there is a fender bender or a little worse.

Is that light at the end of the tunnel getting a little too bright for your dark adapted eyes?

"Cross over children. All are welcome. All welcome. Go into the Light. There is peace and serenity in the Light."

Yikes! You must really live in a remote area to be subjected to power outages like that! Good luck and I hope all the rest of your exams and stuff work out for you!

It is pretty remote- kinda. We live about 6 miles out of Salem, but in a funny little neighborhood in a little area off the main highway. They have not laid cable or gas down here. So we all have satellite internet, cook with electricity, etc... and when power goes out, it takes a while to come back on. THe last 2 times our power was out was because we have a moron of a neighbor. Once his Christmas tree truck took the line out in November (the same doofus whose truck flipped over and blocked the road out for a day), and the time before that his burn pile was too close and he torched the line down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!