• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Checking in and keeping somewhat caught up !!! I am pleased to let you know that I have set the dates for our 2016 Disney P & P Trip it wil be October 13th thru 18th if I am correct and that is Thursday thru Tuesday! So we will be there when you are so we have to MEET!!!

Checking in and keeping somewhat caught up !!! I am pleased to let you know that I have set the dates for our 2016 Disney P & P Trip it wil be October 13th thru 18th if I am correct and that is Thursday thru Tuesday! So we will be there when you are so we have to MEET!!!

I'm glad SOMEONE'S doing that around here! This is an INSANELY busy week for me at school- class literally ALL day long ALL WEEK long. Imma skared! So much information to memorize and digest.

Yes, we are going to have a grand time! I"m excited to create and participate in all manner of mayhem, Dearie! Pat, Marv and I will work on meet up times and places and see if that works for your gang. Yippee!!

Friends and DISFamily,

It's official; I'm freaking out over the load of new material that must be memorized by next Wednesday. It's an unbelievable crap-ton of medications to learn the ins and outs of AND we're begining our term-long delve into psychiatric nursing. I may have my own little crisis....

However, I had a most splendid weekend with MeSweets at the Coast and wanted to share a little mini-TR of some of my better shots. I don't have time to write a long-winded spiel, so just sit back and enjoy the keepers. I, as you know, will be a bit more scarce at least until Exam #1 is over (where I"m praying for a 78%, which is more realistic a goal than 88%), meantime yuck it up here as much as you'd like. I may not respond right away, but I WILL read all of your lovely comments.

First night, I took us to a place I'd heard about many times:

Started off with the most potent cocktail I think I've ever had, a Manhattan with Fig Bourbon. The salad was inconsequential...

My entree was good, but the scallops were a tad underdone. What really made the dish sing was the bacon/parmesan risotto. WOW! And while I love scallops, Mike chose the better meal which was Ling Cod on risotto with asparagus caught THAT day from the very waters you will see towards the end of this photo montage.

We visited a Gardens that a lady started and has turned into a little attraction of sorts. The next several are from there:

And now, a few from the tidepools:

Continued in Next Post:

The B&B had a pool table; I owned that game!

The 2nd night, we were lazy and not very hungry, so we just ordered in a little Chinese. It was nice to dine by private candlelight, and only pay for grocery store wine instead of overpriced restaurant wine.

On the way home, we went to Pacific City. (At one of the viewpoints)

At Pacific City:

Pacific City is home to the world's ONLY fleet of "Dory Fisherman". Basically, these are small skiffs that have flat bottoms and launch and take-out directly from the sand beach there. It is absolutely fascinating to watch and I definitely could do so all day long! I LOVE this shot of one of the men who'd just come in showing off his catch to passersby.

Tons of water sports here too (kayaks, surfers, windboarding....)

I'll leave you with our sunset:

Remember, Boys and Girls, mind your manners and follow the rules!!!

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures of the Oregon Coast!! I wish we could have seen the Ocean while we were there this weekend, but the closest I got to water was the Columbia River. It's an absolutely beautiful state!

What a beautiful spot to spend the weekend! Hope studying goes well. Hang in there...you've got this year in the bag!

Jill in CO

Beautiful pictures of the Oregon Coast!! I wish we could have seen the Ocean while we were there this weekend, but the closest I got to water was the Columbia River. It's an absolutely beautiful state!

Thank you! I really enjoy getting out whenever I can to practice. The Columbia is quite beautiful itself! I hope you saw some of the Gorge! It's a pretty long one, so I"m not sure which end of it you did see. Our state has so much variety- desert, alpine, ocean, farmland, mountains, badlands.... I love it. Except for the rain here in the Valley.

What a beautiful spot to spend the weekend! Hope studying goes well. Hang in there...you've got this year in the bag!

Jill in CO

It was fabulous! We saw a lot in a short time. And really relaxed. I sure hope so. I'm in minor freak out mode right now...

Sounds like a wonderful getaway! And your pictures are all stunning!

Ling Cod on risotto with asparagus caught THAT day

I had no idea that in the US asparagus is being caught... Here it just grows on fields. :confused3:rotfl:

We visited a Gardens that a lady started and has turned into a little attraction of sorts.

Beautiful flowers!!

IMG_0023.jpg

I love this pictures. It looks so peaceful there!

Yikes, that does sound like a lot of work coming your way! I'm sure it'll all go well, but hang in there!

It's nice you were able to at least have a short getaway to take a breather :) I hope you'll have more coming your way. Those are gorgeous shots!

I don't have time to write a long-winded spiel, so just sit back and enjoy the keepers. I, as you know, will be a bit more scarce at least until Exam #1 is over (where I"m praying for a 78%, which is more realistic a goal than 88%), meantime yuck it up here as much as you'd like. I may not respond right away, but I WILL read all of your lovely comments.
What??? You've given up on going for the A already???

Pacific City is home to the world's ONLY fleet of "Dory Fisherman". Basically, these are small skiffs that have flat bottoms and launch and take-out directly from the sand beach there. It is absolutely fascinating to watch and I definitely could do so all day long! I LOVE this shot of one of the men who'd just come in showing off his catch to passersby.
Interesting. First I've ever even heard of that.

Looks like a nice break for some family time. Thanks for sharing!

It's official; I'm freaking out over the load of new material that must be memorized by next Wednesday.

Deep breaths... deeeep breaths.
Take 'em one at a time and knock 'em outta the park.

However, I had a most splendid weekend with MeSweets at the Coast

I was not there.

I don't have time to write a long-winded spiel, so just sit back and enjoy the keepers.

We get it. I'm impressed that you even did as much as you did, given your workload.

where I"m praying for a 78%, which is more realistic a goal than 88%

But shoot for 100%.

but I WILL read all of your lovely comments.

So you won't read any of my comments, then.
Check.

Mike chose the better meal which was Ling Cod on risotto with asparagus caught THAT day from the very waters you will see towards the end of this photo montage.

mmmm.... that sounds amazing.
Nothing like fresh... I mean fresh, fresh fish.

A bird in the air is worth two in the water?

We visited a Gardens that a lady started and has turned into a little attraction of sorts.

Love that. When someone's personal endeavour becomes something that people come to see.

The B&B had a pool table; I owned that game!

Did it cost a lot to ship it back to your home?

The 2nd night, we were lazy and not very hungry, so we just ordered in a little Chinese.

Love that idea.
Love breaded shrimp and deluxe wonton soup.

Basically, these are small skiffs that have flat bottoms and launch and take-out directly from the sand beach there.

Cool!

I LOVE this shot of one of the men who'd just come in showing off his catch to passersby.

Agreed, Liesa. That's a terrific shot. :thumbsup2

His! His! His!

:laughing: Good thing you brought your one piece!

Popping in to look at your getaway!!! Hope it was a peaceful and lovely as it looked. You will do great!! One test at a time. :teacher:

Gorgeous photos of the coast! I'm glad you were able to arrange a quick getaway.

Good luck on the studying. It'll feel that much better when you conquer the tests!

Liesa, I read troubling news when I woke up after my night shift about a shooting at an Oregon college. The name seemed so familiar and I feared it was your school. I hope that you are okay. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter