The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

No, we get to wear really cool scrubs with a ton of pockets for stuff like...

Scissors

that can make YOUR clothing come off quite quickly should it need to.

I like how this TR took a completely inappropriate turn!

Oh my how the tables can turn, can't they? Let me add that the nurses in non-revealing clothing also choose both needle and catheter sizes should the patient's condition "warrant" it.

eep! :eek:

Yes, ma'am.

Except that I was helping a friend fill out Contempt of Court paperwork to file, and that wouldn't be very fun for you all in the least.
That sounds like all kinds of fun. :faint:

That lasted approximately an hour before I had this hellish nightmare of being drugged and couln't wake up, and the phone ringing. That was that. Oh well.
Too much studying about drugs???

A Nursing School Adventure Ending with a Graduation Trip to Disney (sounds cool huh!?!), is:

88%, 88%, 88%, 88%.
Hey, at least you're consistently 88%. I can think of a lot worse scores you could be consistently getting. Be proud, hold your head up and prepare for the next one!

And have a rum and Coke later while I learn about Upper and Lower GI Dysfunctions.
I'd just skip the Coke.

This guy has the best job ever... official VN taste tester.

And @pkondz . Be careful. I don't think she was joking about that catheter comment. :eek:

Last edited:
Seriously...88% is nothing to shake a stick at. But I totally understand having your heart set on an "A" but you are doing amazing. Also amazing is that you still manage to do so many other things with your life other than just school. I think that's the kicker with going "back" to school when you already have a life. When I was in university I felt like I didn't have a lot of time, but as an adult you get to be so much better at juggling.

Well, no. But the Bellini sounds good!

I knew you'd agree. Divorce is difficult; contempt even worse. But Bellinis.... No better way to partically celebrate another test out of the way and one step closer to bona fide employment... which equates to one step closer to a Disney trip.

Ruby is pretty easy going, but even she might frown at that anyway.

I should hope so! Although she needn't have worried. Sleep was the ONLY thing on my mind. ;)

:laughing: I knew it!

How did you EVER guess?! :lmao::lmao:

I'll try. Butt it's not going to be easy.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Typo. You wrote "his" instead of "hers".
Not to worry. I was looking in the right direction anyway.

Touche. :laughing:

I'm in! I have unfinished business there.
I will get to Murano some day!

In order of greatness, I'd rank Italian cities (of the ones I"ve been to) Venice, Capri, Florence, Rome. Vatican somewhere in there, but since they are their own country, I can't rank them really with Italy.

I've seen him..... Ah. Balcony at the Muppets.

:rolleyes1

Oh. So. Cose. :rotfl2:

I'm going to see Phantom with Marlene on Broadway in June. Ever since "Cats" I'm not an Andrew Lloyd Webber fan, but both Marlene and James have already seen Phantom and assure me that the opening, if nothing else, will blow me away.

You'll really love it, Glennbo! I've not seen Cats, so can't comment on that, but in general, I do love ALW's stuff. Especially the music! But the opening? Hmmm... is every version the same? The opening didn't really make a huge impression on me. Starts with the auction scene in the one we saw. Well, and there is a certain chandelier. ;) ;)

I have it (charter member, woop woop) and recently noticed a glitch (I think) that I hope they don't catch. Kathy, you'll love this. We get 4% on Starbucks card reloads. Their system somehow recognizes it as both a restaurant and grocery. If you use your Visa card at the store, it's only 2% (restaurant). But if you reload your Starbucks app, you get 2% + 2%. Ssshhhh! :ssst:

Your secret is safe with me. And a few dozen others. Enjoy it while it lasts! (And I'll be sure to do the same.)

The rewards $ I have on it will go a long way (not all the way unfortunately) toward paying for our meals in June.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Wow, you are the nicest friend...to make the time to help her out when you are so busy already. In regards to your pet rat...uh...I believe you BUTTT I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to a rat as "sweet"? But I'm sure they can be...I just haven't seen it lol

She's in my study group and we've become quite close. I'm happy I can support her; she has a tough enough time, like the rest of us, keeping up with school. I should try sometime to post the video of her playing fetch with the paper. It's so stinking cute!

Oh! Everyone thinks that Remy and Emile are really sweet!!! :rotfl2:

Liesa, I am thinking of you and your test today!

Even if they do eat garbage occasionally. LOL!

Thanks! I did fine, and the good news is I'm still in the program.

Yeah. We're good for that.

Huh. I thought the heat coming up from the fire would make the table warm too.
Interesting.

Thanks! I know I can count on Team Steppe!

I wish it had to some degree! Why do they always keeps restaurants approximately the same temperature as say... Ottawa in February?!

You should be very proud, even if you didn't break that 90 barrier.

Isn't that by the ovens in Via Napoli?

The only thing that can really save my A at this point is a pretty decent A on the Final AND the 2 extra credit points that are available. One of those is almost a done deal, the other is kinda dicey. We'll see....

Yes! Specifically it was Vesuvius. Which also starts with V. :) I didn't eat there when I took the picture, but did sneak in as it had just opened when we were there. Lovely place!!

Kathy's right, that's a Via Napoli oven.

Well hey, 88% isn't anything to sneeze at. Good job!

Yeppers! Gread GUESS!! :)

And much better than that kick in the pants!

I'm glad you had such a nice night out with the show! I got to see Phantom on Broadway years ago and really enjoyed the production. And I'm not much of a Broadway guy.

I have a Disney Visa, but I'm too cheap for the better rewards so I have the no-annual-fee version. Still, we've been saving for a couple of years now and have about $400 to spend, whenever next time is. Nice to know it's there. We were disciplined on our frequent flier miles and saved them for 15 years, and that ended up getting us to Hawaii, so it's worth it!

Oh, and I hope your exam went well!

I probably already replied. I have no idea. I'm tired, and WAY too lazy to go back and check, but I"m thinking no, because I didn't gush about Aulani yet. Which I will do now. I do think that that needs to go on a couples trip sometime, as I know Mike would enjoy it a lot more than any of the Disney parks. Sad, but true. And yes, I should use points like you to help me get there.

I doubt I'd see Phantom again and opt for something new to me. Unless Les Mis comes back. That one is worth a repeat.

I know that I owe you a million replies, but I am tempted to just throw in a quick guess: 92? ((and it really is a total guess as I still have no clue how your system works. I just know that you were not happy with 88! So I hope it is better than 88!).

No worries. I'll be here... a while. :lmao:You were close, and I wish you had been right. Ah well, still one more chance to get that A yet. It's only a game at this point. I have no worry of not passing, but still...

If only. See reply to Magdalene...

AGAIN?!?!?!?

Again. ;) If anything, I am consistent.

I should have put money on this.

OOOOOH, you're giving me an idea on how to fund my trip... !!! Wheels are spinning. It involves bidding, test scores. Hmmm....:scratchin

Well, as long as the guys get equal time staring at the females in the room...

Well, of course. I didn't see any men leaving "the show".

An oven at Via Napoli!

Excellent guess! :flower1:

Whoa! What happened to that whole equal time thing???

Who said anything about this being fair and equitable? :charac2:

Sleep was the ONLY thing on my mind. ;)

Yeah! Me too!

Yeah.

sleep.

right.

That's what it was.

In order of greatness, I'd rank Italian cities (of the ones I"ve been to) Venice, Capri, Florence, Rome. Vatican somewhere in there, but since they are their own country, I can't rank them really with Italy.

I've only been to Venice... but we all loved it.
I just wish we didn't have to leave it the way we did.
I'd love to go back and explore some more of the country.
And Rome too.

I like how this TR took a completely inappropriate turn!

eep! :eek:

Yes, ma'am.

Yeah, that's usually how things turn out. A little Disney, a little real life, a lot of silliness...

Believe it or not, I actually had a real patient in mind when I wrote that. On the first day of class, the program gave us a bag of really cool nurse-y like stuff including a pen light, a clip board, and a pair of scissors. A few weeks ago I worked the ER, remember? Well, when that MVA trauma came in, I got the scarier than crap job of cutting off his pants using those scissors for the first time. I was scared to death not knowing if they'd cut through denim or cut his leg off if I slipped in my shaking, etc... Truly, those scissors are really going to come in handy in my career and it was weird to know that even though I was cutting off a guys pants, when you're doing your job you have absolutely ZERO inappropriate thoughts.

That sounds like all kinds of fun. :faint:

Not even. To be truly honest, I've never had a close friend go through a divorce, so this whole thing was very new to me. I just wanted to be there to carry some of her burden of this skanky ex who can't even pay one dime towards his kids' medical expenses.

Too much studying about drugs???

Prabably. Every single night I have a new set to memorize to the point that my brain swims with just too much.

Hey, at least you're consistently 88%. I can think of a lot worse scores you could be consistently getting. Be proud, hold your head up and prepare for the next one!

That's true! If I were getting 77% consistently, I'd likely be doing correspondence school from our local State Hospital with a straight jacket on.

just skip the Coke.

I ended up doing neither. Sometimes you're just too tired to even care, and go straight to bed.

This guy has the best job ever... official VN taste tester.

I never thought of it that way. Best part is that he never gains and ounce.

And @pkondz . Be careful. I don't think she was joking about that catheter comment. :eek:

;)

I believed her.

And yes.

I'm afraid.

Very. Very. Afraid......

Run away... run away...

Seriously...88% is nothing to shake a stick at. But I totally understand having your heart set on an "A" but you are doing amazing. Also amazing is that you still manage to do so many other things with your life other than just school. I think that's the kicker with going "back" to school when you already have a life. When I was in university I felt like I didn't have a lot of time, but as an adult you get to be so much better at juggling.

Like I said to Magdalene, at this point, it's only a game for me. I've resigned to a B most likely and will be pleasantly surprised if it turns out better. I went in and talked to my Adivisor today, and she got a nice chuckle out of it too. She is the sweetest lady that I just adore. She is a 68 year old lady who's been a nurse for over 40 years, still (by law) has a current license, is a breast cancer survivor, and is 3 weeks away from getting her Masters so she can keep her teaching job. WOW!

And you're right. We "older" students are running circles around the 22 year olds because we juggle much better having practiced with kids, life, jobs, etc... I think I love school this time around a LOT more than when I got my first degree in 1989 in teaching.

Believe it or not, I actually had a real patient in mind when I wrote that. On the first day of class, the program gave us a bag of really cool nurse-y like stuff including a pen light, a clip board, and a pair of scissors. A few weeks ago I worked the ER, remember? Well, when that MVA trauma came in, I got the scarier than crap job of cutting off his pants using those scissors for the first time. I was scared to death not knowing if they'd cut through denim or cut his leg off if I slipped in my shaking, etc... Truly, those scissors are really going to come in handy in my career and it was weird to know that even though I was cutting off a guys pants, when you're doing your job you have absolutely ZERO inappropriate thoughts.

I know. When you're in the zone, the job trumps everything else.

Yeah! Me too!

Yeah.

sleep.

right.

That's what it was.

You have me (less than) convinced!

I've only been to Venice... but we all loved it.
I just wish we didn't have to leave it the way we did.
I'd love to go back and explore some more of the country.
And Rome too.

Sounds like there's a story hidden in that response; one that I"m sure you'd enjoy typing out for me to read on my lunch break tomorrow....

If I ever go back, I'd like to hit up Southern Italy and do a photo tour of some sort. And then go to Disney Paris, of course.

OK, my friend, I have to be up at 5:30 to be at the Labor and Delivery Unit all day tomorrow. I am Soooo hoping I get to see a birth, or even better a C-Section. Have a wonderful evening, and a great day tomorrow. :)

Sounds like there's a story hidden in that response; one that I"m sure you'd enjoy typing out for me to read on my lunch break tomorrow....

I can do better than that!
It's already typed out in my European TR.
Here's links to the two chapters that I was referring to.
(Sorry, sometimes I forget who has read these things and who hasn't)
(Plus, I have to go back some day and fix all the busted chapter links!)

Canadian Buffoon European Vacation - Ch. 18 - The Best Laid Plans

Canadian Buffoon European Vacation - Ch. 19 - Communication Breakdown

I am Soooo hoping I get to see a birth, or even better a C-Section.

That would be cool!

Have a wonderful evening, and a great day tomorrow. :)

You too! :)

Lunch breaks are a joke in the world of nursing... so much for DISsing. :( BUT, I did get to see oodles of babies come into this world. One "regular", a set of twins by C-Sec and a singleton by C-Sec. The OR is a great place, love the whole sterile field thing... but I have post-Clinical write-ups to take care of, about 15 loads of laundry to fold, and a kitchen to clean becuase the kids are cooking.

Lunch breaks are a joke in the world of nursing... so much for DISsing. :( BUT, I did get to see oodles of babies come into this world. One "regular", a set of twins by C-Sec and a singleton by C-Sec. The OR is a great place, love the whole sterile field thing... but I have post-Clinical write-ups to take care of, about 15 loads of laundry to fold, and a kitchen to clean becuase the kids are cooking.
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Sounds like you're busy. Dis can wait. We aren't going anywhere.

I have post-Clinical write-ups to take care of, about 15 loads of laundry to fold, and a kitchen to clean becuase the kids are cooking.

"And my country's 500th anniversary to celebrate, a wedding to plan, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."

:goodvibes
Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

Or not...
Have fun with that!

It sure does, and I got to be in 2 more C-Sections, and 2 more "regular" births again yesterday. So many babies and each one so cute. Except when they got their first shot... they get pretty scruncy-faced when they cry. :(

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Sounds like you're busy. Dis can wait. We aren't going anywhere.

It's the final push for this year, and I need to finish out well. The last test covers some pretty academically complicated stuff like kidney disease, GI tract dysfuncion, seizures, and also some fluff like Prepping for Employment, Member of a Healthcare Team, and Abuse. But I am going to take some of my morning to catch up on a few threads. :)

"And my country's 500th anniversary to celebrate, a wedding to plan, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."

:lmao::laughing:

Princess Bride

Jill in CO

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!