The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Wonderful!! You are doing so great!! And 89% is again better than the 88 from last term. I have no clue about American grades, but would you still be able to get an A for this term? I know this was a big thing last term...

I'd have to do the math but if so, I'm guessing I'd probably have to get like a 95 on the next exam and a 95 or more on the Final. Pretty slim chance for sure....

Congratulations to you! You are just amazing! I can't believe all that you do! You've been up, aced a test and who knows what before I even get my lazy butt out of bed!

I'd have to do the math but if so, I'm guessing I'd probably have to get like a 95 on the next exam and a 95 or more on the Final. Pretty slim chance for sure....

Oh, that sounds a bit hard, I can see that. Wasn't there something about an extra assignment to help your overall grade the last time? I guess it is not available this term. I will keep my fingers crossed for a 95 for the next two exams anyway!! And a solid B in a term that has many people struggling is still a fantastic achievement!

Congratulations to you! You are just amazing! I can't believe all that you do! You've been up, aced a test and who knows what before I even get my lazy butt out of bed!

I know, if Liesa were not just so wonderful all around, I would feel like I have to dislike her because she makes me look like such a failure!! ;)

Team Steppe had big victories today!

Soooooooo happy with my 89%!!!

That puts me at an 86% with one regular exam and 1 Final to go. Phew, almost done with Term #1

Nobody threw an emoji party yet? Let's fix that!

:woohoo::cool1::cheer2::banana:party::jumping1::dancer::worship:

Guys, guys...you're killing me. He spelled it with 2 "n's", like some other people I know.

:rotfl2: They always forget the silent "n".

Btw, I have found a crazier vacation to plan than WDW with an Anna and Elsa FP+. Camping at Yosemite. Apparently they sell out within minutes, if not seconds, of opening up 5 months ahead of time on the 15th of the month. Go figure. Dh and I went there with no planning whatsoever back when we were dating in the late 1990's. And they still have no reservation campgrounds that you need to get that day - but early in the morning. We just started toying with the idea of Yosemite for this summer, and I'm getting a little intimidated! I figured you guys would understand...

Or my prolapsed disk.

That sounds horribly painful!! Take care of yourself and stay off of BRMRR.

Oh wait, nevermind.

Then someone will nurse you.

I hope it involves heating pads, massage, and good pain meds when it happens. Whatever "it" might be.

Isn't it amazing how much leeway we give ourselves that we aren't willing to give others? Anyway...supporting our spouses through their hobbies and interests is just what you do, right?

So true! And yes, it is what we do. Sometimes it means just letting them go out for that weekend and not hold a grudge that they didn't "mow the lawn" instead.

I'm newly back to the DIS. I was really missing writing and one of my favorite things to write was pre-trips and trip reports, so I started one for my February trip. I was perusing the Boards and was so excited to find your PTR!

I am SO with you!! Seriously, it is very therapeutic and "cathartic" as Kat used to say! (Right, @TarzansKat ?) I'm glad you found me! With the ScreenName change and all, I know it was confusing!

Is Wednesday another day when we will have to cross all our fingers for you? It seems that another two week period is coming to an end, but I might be off a week... Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and somehow I don't have a lot of excuses, but still can't get a lot of DIS time either...

Awwww, it's so good that you are still here, despite your being busy! Only one more 2 week period for me, then 1 week later the Final... then almost a WHoLE month off! I may sleep for 3 weeks straight. Is your job keeping you extra busy these days??

All right!!! Way to go Liesa!
Way to kick that test's butt!

But of course...

sho444555LARGE.jpg

I gave the Tiana and Jasmine shoes to my nieces, and the Snow White shoe to my mother. My full Cinderella and Aurora pins in their ballroom glory are on my housecoat so that I can start each morning of with Disney glamour!

Ok, those are actually super cute! How fun! I don't have very many pins; one for the years I've been, a Collector's Set from when I was a CM, My Nurse Mickey pins, and a couple misc ones that CMs gave me as an "I'm sorry for making you wait"- which I thought was odd. Didn't know they did that.

Way to go on more paying off of trip!!

I can totally relate about trying to indulge in each others interests...and share them when you can, but at least understand the time spent when it isn't necessarily your thing...that's what it takes to be partners for life!!

It's all so exciting!! Now for those Air tickets!

Exactly!! I can certainly enjoy a hike or spending time outdoors, but I'd rather do it and have my camera and just enjoy the beauty, not have to WORK in it. LOL! And it's not like he HATES Disney, but certainly doesn't see the fun or point in a 10 day vacation there. It's a give and take thing.

I hope you get some decent rest tonight so that your knowledge and hard work has a chance to shine!

I slept amazingly well!! Thanks!! Right up until I shut the books last night, I wasn't sure how well all the stuff was going to stick. I guess enough of it did!

Well, if it's not too late.... Good luck!
And if it is... Hope it went great!

I'll take it for next time, as a down payment- so no, not too late. And yes, it did go very well! Much better than I thought when I called it quits last night. Sitting at an 86.25% right now.

Woot woot! Congrats!

jill in CO

:banana:

Exactly!!

I don't know about that! I'm utterly exhausted and am at the point of really just putting one foot in front of the other. I'm glad this term is almost over! Only 1 more term of regular Theory and all, then Spring will be Preceptorship in which we shadow an RN in the Hospital for 6 weeks of Full-time work.

Oh, that sounds a bit hard, I can see that. Wasn't there something about an extra assignment to help your overall grade the last time? I guess it is not available this term. I will keep my fingers crossed for a 95 for the next two exams anyway!! And a solid B in a term that has many people struggling is still a fantastic achievement!

This year does not offer ANY extra credit whatsoever. If it did, I might still have a SLIM, but fighting chance at an A. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful! I'm not sure ANY students last year had gotten an A in this course. Really, it's all good.

Guys, guys...you're killing me. He spelled it with 2 "n's", like some other people I know.

Oh, for!.... :sad2:
I was tired. So was Liesa.
That's our story and we're sticking to it!

They always forget the silent "n".

So that's pronounced "silet" then? Or the.

That sounds horribly painful!! Take care of yourself and stay off of BRMRR.

Oh wait, nevermind.

It's never fun when my back goes out.
And I'd have to be dead before I forgo a ride on BTMRR!

I know, if Liesa were not just so wonderful all around, I would feel like I have to dislike her because she makes me look like such a failure!! ;)

Psh.... you're making me blush. Trust me, when this is all said and done, I"m going to travel and use what I've learned in places it's needed. Pretty seriously thinking of taking the FEMA Disaster Responder course and work on-call to be deployed that way too. That's all good, but I could NEVER do what you do; that's the truth and the end of that story! Seriously.

Great job on your test Liesa!

Details, details, Glin.

Thanks- so great to have one more under the bridge. Just one more left and the Final.

Nobody threw an emoji party yet? Let's fix that!

:woohoo::cool1::cheer2::banana:party::jumping1::dancer::worship:

:rotfl2: They always forget the silent "n".

FINALLY! I needed some party on today. But you forgot the napping one. I need some party-napping stat!

A little like that silent "e" in Liesa.

Congrats on your 89%! :flower1:

THANKS!! I could have been MUCH worse!

Btw, I have found a crazier vacation to plan than WDW with an Anna and Elsa FP+. Camping at Yosemite. Apparently they sell out within minutes, if not seconds, of opening up 5 months ahead of time on the 15th of the month. Go figure. Dh and I went there with no planning whatsoever back when we were dating in the late 1990's. And they still have no reservation campgrounds that you need to get that day - but early in the morning. We just started toying with the idea of Yosemite for this summer, and I'm getting a little intimidated! I figured you guys would understand...

OH boy! I haven't been there in years, but do understand the frustration that can come with trying to snag a ressie when there are none to be had. And for camping! Sheesh! Who knew?

I really means a lot more intense planning and dedication to getting places early and having a solid plan. Or just not go. @CaptainObvious might know more about that park. I can't remember if that's one that he's done recently...?

All right!!! Way to go Liesa!
Way to kick that test's butt!

Go ME!!! All those late nights, missed family time, endless charts on my living room walls, and HOURS of studying 5 inch thick texts is paying off!

Oh, for!.... :sad2:
I was tired. So was Liesa.
That's our story and we're sticking to it!

Yes! That's it! Tired. (There could be other options, but we're sticking with this one.)

So that's pronounced "silet" then? Or the.

:lmao:

It's never fun when my back goes out.
And I'd have to be dead before I forgo a ride on BTMRR!

I guess most of us have some sort of "thorn in our sides". Mine is literally in my side. I think the stress of it all is not helping my gall bladder any. Far too often my upper side aches, especially after even a small glass of wine or even small meals now. Which leads me to think that now is a great time to go on a diet. Probably should rest my guts up before the trip, because like you, there'll be no holds barred (which I just had to look up the meaning of- intesting.). It's F&W, all coasters, and everything else that makes vacation fun or BUST. Even the teacups. Funny, I woke up yesterday morning, and texted my daugher, "My mind and heart LOVE my job; my back is flipping me the bird!". So I totally understand back pain too; usually just ignore it, until I can't move. Have they mentioned surgery yet??

We were in Yosemite this summer (I am actually working on a TR right now about the whole California trip that we did, including DL and Yosemite) and we booked our hotel exactly 12 months in advance. We were there in late August and the no reservation campground was kind of next to our hotel. I remember noticing that only one day in the evening did they show that they were full. The other days it seemed that they always had vacancies. Of course this summer there was a scare about some people who had gotten bubonic plague from some squirrels in Yosemite, so that might have scared some people away. But I got the impression that second half of August might be less busy than earlier times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter