ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Cool I got all my quotes in here before the twilight zone hit! I started quoting in band and on the way home. We'll see how much gets saved since I'll obviously have to pick it up again in the morning. Before I get on with this, I have to say there is nothing like skinny dipping at midnight! I started the jacuzzi before band and it was at 103°F when we got home.
I fed the cats, made Fran and sandwich and I was good to go in the jacuzzi....but then again Liesa you know about that! :rolleyes1

I hate the down time! Sometimes I really love to stay up extra late and enjoy the quiet, uninterrupted time I get here.

Nope, nothing like a skinny dip in the pool or jacuzzi late at night. LOL! 103 is just perfect! Below 102 is utterly unacceptable.

Huh. I always go with 20 min per pound and then use the instant read thermometer. Mine usually take only three hours, give or take. That must have been a big a$$ turkey. I try to keep them around 15 lbs, but that must have been a biggie!

Ours was 23#. So your description was very apt. It took 5 and 1/2 hours, but it was cold too, not room temp. when it went in.

And banana slugs too!

I stepped on one the other day. Barefooted. Ahhh, the joys of living in Oregon.

I can't believe she missed this.

It was an amateur mistake.

But the guacamole and salsa weren't bad either!

Pretty good if you ask me!

I didn't see them, but then again I had my back to the middle of the room.

They stopped at the bar and talked to the manager over there. It was very low key and brief.

Yeah, we do look like we have been drinking....

Yeah, a bit.

Ok, a lot.

Whatevs. We were having a ball.

I like the reposado better than the Anejo, less oak.

I like the oak. I like the oak on my reds as well.

Please share? I need to be down 15#, eventually 45#!

This could take a bit...

So, basically you're aiming for fresh raw or flash sauteed veggies. Use only healthy oils like avocado or olive. Basically, if it's processed, DON'T eat it. Stay away from carbs almost entirely.

A good breakfast would be a 2 egg omelet with cheese and loads of veggies. A salad with a little chicken or steak on it with a little oil and vinegar on it for dressing for lunch. And dinner is a small serving of meat with a little quinoa or brown rice (just a little). But again, mostly veggies. LOTS of water. If God didn't make it, don't eat it. For me, I've just been not eating.

I love the shot of the kids dancing with Tam Tam in Africa. Those smiles!!

I caught some really fun smiles on this trip. Not the usual cheesy, "Hey kids, smile" smiles.

And then there are the smiles at the Ditch. So glad you could meet up and have some fun with Alison, Fran, Pat, and Marv! The couple of pictures you posted reminded me of this: http://www.boredpanda.com/how-alcohol-affects-people-mood-wine-project-marcos-alberti/ There's such a great saying in there: The first glass is about the food, the second is about love, and the third is about mayhem!

I LITERALLY laughed really hard at that! That was so fun! See?! The smiles are a little more genuine, and relaxed. NO, you shouldn't get soused to the point of slurring or puking, but enough to let loose a little and smile big. Thanks for that!

You can share what I told you, or just give her my email and I will try to answer around our upcoming trip. Email might be the easiest for me if you don't want to do it.

I did! :) Well, I tried anyway.

Okay Birthday Girl :rolleyes1............and you KNOW I have no shame, so your threats are hollow. :rotfl2:

IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!

Well she says inappropriate stuff to me all the time! I never remember so I will await your PM or you could just text it to me! I could paraphrase it on my TR like I did with my experience in Palm Springs.

Comin' at ya. OH boy, every single time I think about it, I crack up all over again.

Glad you had a great time at the meet, Dis friends are the best!!

FOR SURE!

Good for you that you didn't let the people giving you the side eye bother you. I was out to dinner with friends the other night and we were having fun and got the side eye as well. Sorry you aren't having as much fun as us! :snooty:

Nah, I exchanged glances once with the gal at the table and she backed off. If you can't have fun, stay home.

I think you should do "Y" yes, yes you should...

@MAGICFOR2 Yes, I think I'll save that for Y. It has several ummm..... hilarious photos. Luckily, I"m pretty certain Marv didn't get any of me. :D

Oh shucks sorry to hear your child is unwell. In good hands with a nurse! Hope they get better soon.

Thanks! I think they're on the mend. :)

You can't find your G... uh... photo? Too bad, hope you can find it!

I did find them. Should I have added your photo to the Gorilla Gallery?

Nope, nothing like a skinny dip in the pool or jacuzzi late at night. LOL! 103 is just perfect! Below 102 is utterly unacceptable.

LOL! I know what you mean. If the app says it's 95, that is not acceptable.

Ours was 23#. So your description was very apt. It took 5 and 1/2 hours, but it was cold too, not room temp. when it went in.

Yeah I can see that. I made a 20 pounder a while ago and it was just way too much for the two of us, even with all out cats. Even our 16 pound ones are too much. When I put away this turkey I found leftovers from at least three other turkeys in our freezer. I need to start giving them to the cats. Back when Olga ate up all our turkeys but after she died we haven't been keeping up.

This could take a bit...

So, basically you're aiming for fresh raw or flash sauteed veggies. Use only healthy oils like avocado or olive. Basically, if it's processed, DON'T eat it. Stay away from carbs almost entirely.

A good breakfast would be a 2 egg omelet with cheese and loads of veggies. A salad with a little chicken or steak on it with a little oil and vinegar on it for dressing for lunch. And dinner is a small serving of meat with a little quinoa or brown rice (just a little). But again, mostly veggies. LOTS of water. If God didn't make it, don't eat it. For me, I've just been not eating.

Ugh this is not good news. This is how I lost my 30# so far. I was hoping there was something new I didn't know about. In fact my mantra has been "hunger is my friend". I've kept myself to breakfast and dinner and most of those were sugar free, low carb, gluten free and heavy on protein and veggies. Good to know it's working for you, it has worked for me. I think I've hit a plateau. Need to swim more.

Ugh this is not good news. This is how I lost my 30# so far. I was hoping there was something new I didn't know about. In fact my mantra has been "hunger is my friend". I've kept myself to breakfast and dinner and most of those were sugar free, low carb, gluten free and heavy on protein and veggies. Good to know it's working for you, it has worked for me. I think I've hit a plateau. Need to swim more.

It sounds like you're on the right track. :) HAHA! Yeah, I keep hearing Dory in my mind. "Just keep...., Just keep...."

LOL! I know what you mean. If the app says it's 95, that is not acceptable.

That's swimming POOL temps. :)

Lest you forget that I have ummmm.... several pictures from YeeHaw Bob... Please keep laughing, I'm dying to post those.

popcorn::
HEY! Who's side are you on??? :(

@MAGICFOR2 Yes, I think I'll save that for Y. It has several ummm..... hilarious photos. Luckily, I"m pretty certain Marv didn't get any of me. :D
Wanna bet? And I KNOW Rosie got a good one or two she would be happy to help with........... :rolleyes1

If you want some more details, PM me with an email and I'll send you some things. NOT eating to lose weight is not a good thing for multiple reasons, one of which is that is screws up you metabolism that actually helps you lose weight. But like Liesa said, think Dory because it sounds like basically you are on the right track already.

Loved the Disney Springs and AK shots!

I feel like AK is the park I under appreciate. Part of it is that I just rush through most of the time. I love the idea of just sitting and taking it in rather than just running around unhinged.

(I'm also turning into an old fart and say the same thing about visiting a shopping mall so take that for what it's worth.)

Sorry to hear about the PC problems. That's a pain in the biscuit right there.

NOT eating to lose weight is not a good thing for multiple reasons, one of which is that is screws up you metabolism that actually helps you lose weight.

Yeah, I know about that one, but I find that if I have breakfast around 11AM and then wait for dinner to eat again, I'm really hungry for dinner and enjoy it a lot more. I can't ever eat very much, so having lunch in there usually kills my appetite for dinner, but I go ahead and eat it anyways to not waste it. Therefore overeating. Doing breakfast/dinner has been working for me since July (with the exception of this trip and the little excursion afterwards).

But like Liesa said, think Dory because it sounds like basically you are on the right track already.

Also if you had any idea how much we invested in that pool over the summer and the cost we are paying to heat it every month, you'd really understand the "Just keep swimming" part!

Sorry about the crap day. The "G" animal photos were nice though...love giraffes!! Sorry about the laptop...that really would be enough to send anyone over the edge after an already rotten day. I hope things have improved!

Sorry about the crappy day. I hope things have improved since then. The "G" photos were nice.

Hopefully it's an easy fix for the computer!

So, I'm sitting here at my computer desperately wishing ANYTHING would go right today. Oh, it's not all bad, in fact, there are some positively wonderful things going on right now too, but yeah, it's just been one catastrophe after another. Am I over-dramatizing things? Yeah, probably. But when it's a string of crap all piled up in a heap... you get the idea.

Sorry to hear that. Here's virtual hug for you. :hug:

So, I thought, ok, well, I'll just blob out with a glass of wine and edit some photos for the next update.

So... the first ones will be sharp and the rest will get progressively more blurry. Gotcha.

But because fate just isn't on my side today, the thing won't even turn on.

Have you plugged it in for a bit? Could the battery be drained? (although it shouldn't be for a new 'puter.)

My plan was perfect until I stick in one SD card after another and find NONE of them are being read by the port. (Because every crapcake day needs a cherry on top, right?)

Oh, for the love of.... seriously?
Which minor deity did you tick off?

I won't go into the rest of the day with all its lows; suffice to say, I won't be able to do anything other than commiserate here. (Read whine) Sorry to my guy readers! This is drama llama city here this time.

Don't apologize to the guys. I'm pretty sure were all here to support you.

I'm going to cop out and give you a lame Letter G Update anyway. I did actually have some photos saved on Picasa that I think you might like. Animal pictures always cheer me up, so that's what you get.

Oh? Then... here:
cbfdf71e571fbe2c26bf947dd94a1a5c.jpg

This one's my fave. Nice capture.

I thought they'd be... taller.

DERP FACE!!!!!

As a special bonus, I'll thrown in a Gazelle thingy

Gazelle thingy! So.... is that red or white wine?

Let's call it a Grazing Animal and call it good, okay.?

Ah. Not quite finished that glass of wine yet.
yes. that works.

I have a TON more Giraffe photos from the Wanyama Safari Tour, but, naturally, none are loaded or saved. They should go with that update anyway, but just a heads up that there will be more of our long-necked friends in the future.

Looking upwards to it!

Forward! Looking forward to it!

A word about the Contest Photos: I have A-D posted and will be putting up E, F, and G soon. After G I'll be posting your results so make sure to get our guesses in when you see those Mystery Photos.

Check. Threat noted.

Have a Great Day!

Well, it sounds like it was probably better than yours.
Hope things have improved!

Sorry you had a bad day. Hope things get better for you. Thanks for taking time to share those pics. :offtopic: Have you seen all the new extra special money making ops Disney is putting out? MK cabanas in tomorrowland, EXTRA early entry (45 min for $75) , Express park hop bus, Progressive dinner on the monorail route, Hot dog cart in the Epcot parking lot and value bus stops, as well as more dessert parties (Tiana's boat party with a view of the parade through the trees being one of them) Which, if any, would you do?
I am liking the express bus, but not fond of hopping without FP ops at the 2nd park. I may even go for the boat party, as we aren't really parade people anyway.

This could actually be me some day.
I've never been on it.

It's a kid's ride, isn't it?

Really?! It's actually kinda fun. :)

DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!

Be glad I don't!

Yuck?
Because you don't like cheese Danish?
Or because of that particular turd-like one?

Because that looks like a turd one.

HEY! Who's side are you on??? :(

The right one. Duh.

Wanna bet? And I KNOW Rosie got a good one or two she would be happy to help with........... :rolleyes1

Uhhhh.... uh oh!

I feel like AK is the park I under appreciate. Part of it is that I just rush through most of the time. I love the idea of just sitting and taking it in rather than just running around unhinged.

(I'm also turning into an old fart and say the same thing about visiting a shopping mall so take that for what it's worth.)

Very much so! I think I"ve finally realized that slowing down doesn't mean missing all the fun or not enjoying things.

Sorry to hear about the PC problems. That's a pain in the biscuit right there.

Totally! The return goes out tomorrow. I"m praying for refund. So I can just go to Best Buy. Which is what I should have done in the first place.

Sorry about the crap day. The "G" animal photos were nice though...love giraffes!! Sorry about the laptop...that really would be enough to send anyone over the edge after an already rotten day. I hope things have improved!

Things are much better today. There's almost always sunshine after a storm. :)

Sorry about the crappy day. I hope things have improved since then. The "G" photos were nice.

Hopefully it's an easy fix for the computer!

Thanks, Alison. I think things are evening out in some of the things I couldn't talk about. As for the computer, I'm returning the "new" one tomorrow and writing the company for a full refund. We'll see.

Well, craptastic days are just poopy, aren't they? New computer system at our place of work, and we've had 2 weeks of fairly high stress levels when combined with pre-Christmas time of year. My job is to catch mistakes, but apparently (as is human) no one is enjoying me pointing these things out to them, and I in turn did not enjoy being pointed out to me that people at work are thinking I'm being too picky (and b**chy), which culminated in a pretty craptastic day at work for me. Apparently silently weeping made everyone feel bad, so now apologies have been made, there are pretty flowers to look at and we will all start again next week. I hope your laptop woes get fixed up, but I sure appreciate the gorilla pics - oh, those cute little babies! Of course, my favorite picture from my last trip was my gorilla selfie...

Awww, Donna. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. There are some jobs that actually demand perfection (mine is one) so when you are just doing your job to exact quality work and get dumped on for it... that sucks. Are you better now? Flowers make me happy and cover a multitude of woes.

NOpe, still no new laptop, still need to return the dead one.

So... the first ones will be sharp and the rest will get progressively more blurry. Gotcha.

Believe it or not, I never even got a glass poured. I was too tired and frustrated, did that quick little Chapter then went to bed. So I could stay up all night and fret.

Have you plugged it in for a bit? Could the battery be drained? (although it shouldn't be for a new 'puter.)

Yep, all that and more. It was truly DOA.

Oh, for the love of.... seriously?
Which minor deity did you tick off?

All of them.

Oh? Then... here:
cbfdf71e571fbe2c26bf947dd94a1a5c.jpg

pkondz, always ready to lighten up the mood. :)

This one's my fave. Nice capture.

Thanks, it's hands down my favorite too.

DERP FACE!!!!!

Derp-de-derp-derp.

Check. Threat noted.

You were warned.

Well, it sounds like it was probably better than yours.
Hope things have improved!

They have... thanks!

Nah. That's for noble, strong animals only.
If you ever post a "weak, goofy looking" gallery, then I'm your man.

Noted. I'll keep that in mind. You never know when I'll need a gallery just like that. :rolleyes2

Sorry about the bad day. When it rain, it pours....I hate when you wake up and one thing after another just keeps coming at you. I'm hoping things started going something for you and today's a better day. Perhaps one with a newly working computer on its way to you or at least one with a working SD port.

Thanks! And you're right! Why is that?!

Today was the beginning of some resolution for a couple of bad things. So all is better in my world. It'll be a fantastic day when I finally get that laptop I've been needing.

These two pictures are my favorite! Love them.

Thanks! I love the momma/baby one too.

Sorry you had a bad day. Hope things get better for you. Thanks for taking time to share those pics. :offtopic: Have you seen all the new extra special money making ops Disney is putting out? MK cabanas in tomorrowland, EXTRA early entry (45 min for $75) , Express park hop bus, Progressive dinner on the monorail route, Hot dog cart in the Epcot parking lot and value bus stops, as well as more dessert parties (Tiana's boat party with a view of the parade through the trees being one of them) Which, if any, would you do?
I am liking the express bus, but not fond of hopping without FP ops at the 2nd park. I may even go for the boat party, as we aren't really parade people anyway.

Hey Tammie!

Things are looking up. And you're welcome!

So, actually yeah, I did see some posts/articles about those things. If I were to take my pick, I'd say the express bus would be nice, and the Monorail dinner sounds like a super fun evening out! This a great question to pose of all my readers!

HEY ALL!

What would you do if you could from the list above?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter