ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Actually yes, we do have the Ford Fiesta as well. I had no idea they were exported to Europe!

Thanks! It was a fabulous time with those lovely people. I hope that we can meet again sometime soon!

I don't know if the others used their TIW discounts or not; sadly I don't have one. :(

Not to brag, but I have a Ford Fiesta too! Great gas mileage but not good for hauling the grands! LOL

Actually yes, we do have the Ford Fiesta as well. I had no idea they were exported to Europe!

Thanks! It was a fabulous time with those lovely people. I hope that we can meet again sometime soon!

I don't know if the others used their TIW discounts or not; sadly I don't have one. :(
Okay, I saw this earlier today and meant to reply when I got the chance. Thanks to Tammie for the reminder............lol

You can't use TIW, or actually any other discount at La Cava if I remember correctly. Normally get TIW when purchasing an AP, but with the price increase and the decrease in usability, we are pretty confident we will do just as well with the AP/DVC/Chase discounts where applicable, without having to pay additional to get it.

It appears that I DO still have an account here and I am going to TRY to read your report because I am sure it is fabulous. I really do admire the work you've done over the past two years to reach your goal. I know it was't always easy, but you made it and now I hope that Disney trips will be a regular part of your life!!!!!

:wave: Good to see you around.

No. And no, you do not need to meet.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay _ I am all caught up here for now.

Fun night at the ditch. I really wish I felt better the whole trip. I got hit with those allergies and it probably took almost 2 weeks at home before all was totally gone from my system.:sick:

You got some great shots at AK. We have not made the new opening show. Too bad Rivers of light was not ready yet. I am hearing it real soon but just hoping we get it in on either of the trips we have planned.

Hoping to stay caught up now so I can comment more along the way..:rolleyes1

However, having said that, the new backstory they've used as a design template for the refurbed DTD works with The Springs. You can read that:

HERE

Like I said, now having seen a fair bit of it firsthand, I can say it does work. And I like it! I really do.

I like that they went to the effort of coming up with a backstory for the place. And I think the new look makes it seem classier. At least, it does from the photos.

I was really looking forward to Letter A because it was to come from a brand new venue to me- Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar.

That place looks so cool! Being a sucker for all things Indiana Jones, I would want to comb over every detail in there.

Well, I had fun too! I got to meet up with Cindy, @addictedtothemouse !

Hooray for a DIS meet!

IMG_9814.jpg

Love that you captured her in action.

I don't know where I learned to love the next adventure, but I cannot remember a time in my life that I did not want to travel, see the world, seek out the extravagant, or believe that anything was impossible or out of reach. I won't lie, it does take work and sacrifice; not many adventures come to the door and set you on your way. You have to stand up, walk out the door and be ready to risk some things in trade for the amazing memories to be had.

Well said!

We all tend to worship comfort. That's the part that is often hardest to give up. But it's worth it!

Will you join me in Disney's version of a catalyst meant to spur its visitors on to exploring our big, beautiful world?

Oh, all right. Beats doing work.

There are a thousand places I would love to visit and enjoy, but sadly, Kathmandu, Nepal in general, is not one that is very high on my list. I can't really even put my finger on why.

That's cool. I'm good with seeing the Disney version!

I may be old, but yeah, EAT THAT! We were on the first train of the day.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Nicely done!

On the 2nd time through the SB line, I stopped at snapped a couple photos. One had me cracking up for hours. I still look at it and wonder what the Imagineer's Team Meeting must have sounded like when they discussed this:

"I dunno, Joe. That's kinda weird putting poo in the queue."

"Nah, it'll be great! Imagine the conversation piece it'll be when the guests go to lunch at Yak and Yeti."

"Phil, no, that's just gross!".

"That's the point, Ed! The kids will love it! Can you imagine the conversations in the queue when moms and dads have to explain the word scat?"

It was pretty simple, actually. Joe and Phil are guys. All you have to do is say "poo". Entertainment for hours!

:rotfl2:
See? I'm already laughing.

Just short of puking after the 3rd ride, I Grinched out on the kids and told them we "had other stuff to do and see".

Boo. Hiss.

Nice photos, though. Those prayer flags really catch your eye, don't they?

That's all it took for them to A) learn where fudge was sold, B) spend $15 on said fudge, and C) realize I'd put charging privileges on their bands. What the hail was I thinking?! Seriously, 4X4 pieces of fudge for EACH of them at 10:00 AM. $15?!?! Anara looked at my drink, and then looked back at me.....

I never said another word about the occasional purchases they made.

::yes:::rotfl2::rotfl:

NO, I won't post the one picture Anara took of me up there.

Boo. Hiss. It must never have happened, then.

But I will post the one of the kids:

Well, sure. This family isn't a democracy.

I apologize that this is repeat of Alison’s chapter.

That's ok, I haven't gotten there yet! (Sorry @franandaj )

Looking to my right, I immediately noticed that the 2 couples who’d left had actually vacated 2 ADJACENT tables. KA-CHING! This was such a duh. Apparently, I missed my calling; instead of studying Nursing, I should have become a hostess. I nonchalantly (kind of) “suggested” that we push the tables together and that we’d easily fit the 5 of us there. It seems as if the lights went on and she got that look of sudden “duh realization” on her face. We were seated in 5 more minutes.

Good work! Now why didn't I think of that?

What a great group of people!

Especially after they've had a few!:rotfl:

You'll die when you hear what ridiculous shenanigans tequila conjured up for a 1:00 AM MK tour.

:hyper:

Cool I got all my quotes in here before the twilight zone hit! I started quoting in band and on the way home. We'll see how much gets saved since I'll obviously have to pick it up again in the morning. Before I get on with this, I have to say there is nothing like skinny dipping at midnight! I started the jacuzzi before band and it was at 103°F when we got home.
I fed the cats, made Fran and sandwich and I was good to go in the jacuzzi....but then again Liesa you know about that! :rolleyes1

The package said 5 hours, so that's what I went with.

Huh. I always go with 20 min per pound and then use the instant read thermometer. Mine usually take only three hours, give or take. That must have been a big a$$ turkey. I try to keep them around 15 lbs, but that must have been a biggie!

You learned about poop?! I only got to make coffee can cooker thingys and sawdust and wax fire starters. No fair!

And banana slugs too!

*The Ditch (n): 1. a narrow

Huh. It didn't quote the whole thing. Regardless, I liked your definition!

Looking to my right, I immediately noticed that the 2 couples who’d left had actually vacated 2 ADJACENT tables. KA-CHING! This was such a duh. Apparently, I missed my calling;

I can't believe she missed this. As soon as I saw two couples leave, I was like...this has gotta be good. The place is so small they had to be near each other!

Trio Combo
Tortilla chips served with salsa, queso, and guacamole. Looks just like the Mexican Flag!"

was a good idea.

Sure was! I love the queso! But the guacamole and salsa weren't bad either!

By the time that came, we had all decided on our drinks- Fran and Alison got a traditional flight which had Blanco, Resposado and Anejo on it with the mandatory lime, salt, and a little gazpacho-like chaser. A lovely presentation. I think they each ordered a Classic Marg as well?

::yes:: yes we did get a classic marg as well! :thumbsup2

So basically, like the difference between “Champagne” and “Sparkling Wine”.

That's the easiest way to remember, but as you said there is the whole pure blue agave thing.

It is a pretty boisterous place and Disney Security made not one, but two, pass-throughs to make sure things weren't out of control.

I didn't see them, but then again I had my back to the middle of the room.

A bit later in:

Yeah, we do look like we have been drinking....

The best tequilas are for sipping. The blanco and resposados are for mixing because they a

Why does it keep cutting off my quotes? I like the reposado better than the Anejo, less oak.

Yes, they are actually called blue agave and are very much blue. We had one in our front yard in California for years.

I had one in the yard of my first home (condo). I looked in my photo albums and tried to find a picture but I guess I didn't take one.

So I did. And I put the watermark over her face! Like this:

Very nice picture. And nice way to politely say, "quit passing off my work as yours!"

That's why I picked two on franandaj's TR............ ;) :rolleyes: :D

I'm still trying to figure out what it was Fran said about the spilled Tequila that made you laugh. Was it not DIS appropriate? Feel free to share. I have no shame.

You are such a dork! Hey, by the way, remember those hints you gave about eating more healthy? Yeah! BAM! Working! Down 5#.

Please share? I need to be down 15#, eventually 45#!

I love the shot of the kids dancing with Tam Tam in Africa. Those smiles!!

And then there are the smiles at the Ditch. So glad you could meet up and have some fun with Alison, Fran, Pat, and Marv! The couple of pictures you posted reminded me of this: http://www.boredpanda.com/how-alcohol-affects-people-mood-wine-project-marcos-alberti/ There's such a great saying in there: The first glass is about the food, the second is about love, and the third is about mayhem!

Oh the story's I could tell.............some of them actually true. :rotfl:

Lest you forget that I have ummmm.... several pictures from YeeHaw Bob... Please keep laughing, I'm dying to post those.

Not to brag, but I have a Ford Fiesta too! Great gas mileage but not good for hauling the grands! LOL

Well, poop. I need a Fiestamobile too!

You can't use TIW, or actually any other discount at La Cava if I remember correctly. Normally get TIW when purchasing an AP, but with the price increase and the decrease in usability, we are pretty confident we will do just as well with the AP/DVC/Chase discounts where applicable, without having to pay additional to get it.

Yes, that's correct. I believe we all asked about discounts and were given a big, fat no.

Fun night at the ditch. I really wish I felt better the whole trip. I got hit with those allergies and it probably took almost 2 weeks at home before all was totally gone from my system.:sick:

IT was fun! And I do too. :( It stunk that it took away more than a few hours of fun for you.

You got some great shots at AK. We have not made the new opening show. Too bad Rivers of light was not ready yet. I am hearing it real soon but just hoping we get it in on either of the trips we have planned.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO sad it wasn't! If you happened to get lucky and see it, take lots of pix!!

Hoping to stay caught up now so I can comment more along the way..:rolleyes1

Yes! I hope so too. Remember, more fun with us 3 hooligans coming up!

How about a PSA about what's worked for you?
You can share what I told you, or just give her my email and I will try to answer around our upcoming trip. Email might be the easiest for me if you don't want to do it.

Lest you forget that I have ummmm.... several pictures from YeeHaw Bob... Please keep laughing, I'm dying to post those.
Okay Birthday Girl :rolleyes1............and you KNOW I have no shame, so your threats are hollow. :rotfl2:

Glad you had a great time at the meet, Dis friends are the best!!

Good for you that you didn't let the people giving you the side eye bother you. I was out to dinner with friends the other night and we were having fun and got the side eye as well. Sorry you aren't having as much fun as us! :snooty:

I think you should do "Y" yes, yes you should...

Well, poop. I need a Fiestamobile too!
I said, not to brag for a reason. Really. Not to brag. Of course I might if gas goes up :rotfl2:

Yes! I hope so too. Remember, more fun with us 3 hooligans coming up!
popcorn::

My Friends:

Life is pretty crazy now with a lot going on. Sick kid, working most days this week, and the usual stuff around the house.

Still pondering the next update; 'G'.... hmmmmm.....

Oh shucks sorry to hear your child is unwell. In good hands with a nurse! Hope they get better soon.

G is for: Gorillas and Giraffes

So, I'm sitting here at my computer desperately wishing ANYTHING would go right today. Oh, it's not all bad, in fact, there are some positively wonderful things going on right now too, but yeah, it's just been one catastrophe after another. Am I over-dramatizing things? Yeah, probably. But when it's a string of crap all piled up in a heap... you get the idea.

I came on here to write my next update thinking it'd be a nice distraction, but the words just won't come. My heart's not in it tonight. So, I thought, ok, well, I'll just blob out with a glass of wine and edit some photos for the next update. I had HOPED to do that on my NEW laptop that arrived today.

But because fate just isn't on my side today, the thing won't even turn on. This was the icing on today's crapcake. So, I'll have to file a claim with Amazon if I don't hear back from the seller. So, there's that.

Okay, no problem, I'll just use the old POC and edit from there. My plan was perfect until I stick in one SD card after another and find NONE of them are being read by the port. (Because every crapcake day needs a cherry on top, right?) Bang goes that plan. I won't go into the rest of the day with all its lows; suffice to say, I won't be able to do anything other than commiserate here. (Read whine) Sorry to my guy readers! This is drama llama city here this time.

I'm going to cop out and give you a lame Letter G Update anyway. I did actually have some photos saved on Picasa that I think you might like. Animal pictures always cheer me up, so that's what you get.

Please enjoy Some
Gorillas and Giraffes....

They were taken on the Gorilla Falls Trail, on the Safari, and at AKL.

As a special bonus, I'll thrown in a Gazelle thingy for no extra charge. Don't ask me what it's really called. It's an ungulate with long horns. I'm calling it a Gazelle today. Okay, fine, it's too fat to be a Gazelle. I'm still putting it here. Let's call it a Grazing Animal and call it good, okay.?

I have a TON more Giraffe photos
from the Wanyama Safari Tour, but, naturally, none are loaded or saved. They should go with that update anyway, but just a heads up that there will be more of our long-necked friends in the future.

A word about the Contest Photos: I have A-D posted and will be putting up E, F, and G soon. After G I'll be posting your results so make sure to get our guesses in when you see those Mystery Photos.

Have a Great Day!

Steppe

Last edited:
And I think the new look makes it seem classier. At least, it does from the photos.

Oh most definitely. I think the design materials, the addition of the classic fountains, covered walkways, and general facelift really give it new curb appeal.

That place looks so cool! Being a sucker for all things Indiana Jones, I would want to comb over every detail in there.

Oh Mark, you would love it in there. SOOOOOO many things to just look at. Seriously, it's like a museum in there. And we all know how much you love those!

We all tend to worship comfort. That's the part that is often hardest to give up. But it's worth it!

Preach it!

It was pretty simple, actually. Joe and Phil are guys. All you have to do is say "poo". Entertainment for hours!

:rotfl2:
See? I'm already laughing.

Sometimes I wonder if a very small Y chromosome is stuck in me somewhere. Because that's just some funny crap right there. Potty humor. Yeah.

Those prayer flags really catch your eye, don't they?

Yes, they do! Fun to try different shutter speeds and see the results of motion captured.

It must never have happened, then.

There is NO way it's going up. 99% of photos of me are just.... gross.

Well, sure. This family isn't a democracy.

No family should be.

What a great group of people!

HECK YES!

Especially after they've had a few!:rotfl:

HECKER YES!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!